- Are Productions Missing the Full Opportunities of Social Media Marketing?
- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
- Obtain a USCG Captain's License During COVID-19
"As we get on the road to recovery, I want to make sure that San Francisco remains a city for all and is a place where people can afford to live," said Mayor Breed. "Just as we need to keep building housing to ensure we have enough supply, we also need to continue our programs like this one that help people purchase a home, put down roots in the community, and find a place they can call home for years to come. Giving people the help they need to invest in their community and make San Francisco their home for the long-term is how we'll build back our city even stronger than before."
DALP provides up to $375,000 in down payment assistance to low- to moderate-income first-time homebuyers for the purchase of any market-rate primary residence in San Francisco. The funds are available to a wide range of households earning a variety of incomes.
As San Francisco pursues economic recovery, the stability of low- and moderate-income families is central to their ability to prepare for and access the opportunities that will emerge. Moreover, the preservation of equitable ownership opportunities has the two-fold impact of enabling regular San Francisco families to harness the wealth building potential that homeownership has always meant in the United States as well as protecting the perseverance of long standing San Francisco communities and preventing displacement.
Down payment assistance is available to:
- General public households earning up to 175% of Area Median Income (AMI), or $156,900 for a single individual;
- Educators employed with the San Francisco Unified School District earning up to 200% AMI or $179,300 for a single individual ;
- First responder (active, uniformed members of the Fire, Police, or Sheriff's Departments) households earning up to 200% AMI or $179,300 for a single individual.
"Over the years, I have seen how DALP transformed the lives of first-time homeowners and I want to see this program not only succeed, but expand. I want to see more programs for other essential workers, such as our early care educators who are struggling to live in the neighborhoods they serve," said Supervisor Myrna Melgar. "It is not just about the financial assistance, but financial literacy and support that the program provides. Most people, especially immigrants and working-class people do not have the same access to capital or the knowledge to navigate the homebuying process. I am proud that San Francisco invests in the economic empowerment of our families and communities that will have long-lasting benefits."
More on The Californer
- Human Platelet Isolation Assay Kit
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #149 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces $500 Stimulus for Lower-Wage Workers and Families
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Infinity Q Capital Management LLC and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Get ready for Spring Break with a poem/potential song lyrics called "The New Coronavirus Blues"
In order to be eligible to apply for DALP funds, applicants must attend 10 hours of first-time homebuyer education and receive first mortgage loan pre-approval from a MOHCD-approved lender. There are no monthly payments required as part of the program. When the homeowner sells or transfers the property, they pay back the original loan amount, plus an equitable share of the appreciation.
"Even though the DALP process can be overwhelming, it is manageable. My wife and I are not in tech/bio-tech, medical, or other high earning fields and we probably would not have been able to afford a home in San Francisco without DALP," said general DALP recipient Ronnie Bautista. "We hope other families such as ours who do not come from wealth, or have relative high incomes, or have limited resources put in an application to DALP. Being a native San Franciscan, DALP made homeownership a reality."
Prospective homebuyers will be able to begin to apply for DALP on the MOHCD website on February 26, 2021. As with all MOHCD housing programs, the City consistently sees strong demand and as a result, lotteries are administered to award funds. Applicants who submit a lottery application before the application deadline will be placed in a lottery that will take place on June 1, 2021 with applicants being notified shortly thereafter.
"We are excited to launch this year's Downpayment Assistance Loan Program which creates another opportunity for local residents to pursue their dream of homeownership" said Eric Shaw MOHCD Director. "We see DALP as one of our crucial investments in creating housing opportunity for all San Franciscans. We know homeownership can be a challenge for many without down payment assistance and see this as one of the office's many investments in creating housing opportunities for all residents. Down payment assistance is not enough, which is why we also fund in housing counseling and financial literacy to provide much needed support for those looking to purchase a home."
More on The Californer
- Dermatologist Fabio Gontijo wins the attention of celebrities with infallible procedures for women's beauty
- Local Barbers Refuse To Stop Taking Walk Ins In 2021. What They Did Was Inevitable
- Bronx DWI Lawyer Announces New Website
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
- San Francisco: City Leaders Join Together to Announce Two New Initiatives to Prevent Recidivism and Gun Violence
MOHCD invests in five agencies who are available year-round for homeownership counseling and financial literacy across the City. In addition, local City partner Homeownership SF will be hosting a three-day virtual Housing Expo on March 4, 5, and 6 where interested first-time homebuyers can meet with homeownership counselors and begin the process of homebuyer education. More information about the virtual event and registration can be found here.
"You just keep pushing forward and keep trying which I did," said Cheryl Liu, SFUSD 2nd Grade Teacher who received DALP funds and was able to purchase a home in District 11. "I don't have to worry about paying rent or being pushed out to the suburbs for something more affordable."
This set of DALP funds is part of the annual release of general Downpayment Assistance Loan dollars. The City has worked to expand this program and ensure diverse communities have access to this money and to match local resources with the immense need. Additional DALP funds specifically targeting the most vulnerable and under-resourced communities are scheduled to be released in late summer 2021.
Latest on The Californer
- Aaron's Energy: An Unexpected Journey Through Grief and the Afterlife With My Brilliant Son
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 2.23.21
- Blume TV launches on Roku in 12 countries across Latin America
- Sulfated Glycosaminoglycans Assay Kit
- Veteran Prosecutor Jimmie Wilson, Running for Alameda County District Attorney on Platform of Accountability, Fairness and Transparency
- World's First aprevo™ Personalized Spine Surgery Performed Using the Only Available Spine Technology with FDA Breakthrough Designation
- MC Residential Activates in the Wake of Texas Weather Crisis
- BYD Announces Dealer Agreement with Ogden Forklifts
- Governor Newsom Signs Legislative Package Providing Urgent Relief to Californians Experiencing Pandemic Hardship
- The Best SEO Company in New York City Is Proving Local Businesses Free SEO Audit As COVID-19 Relief
- New DL-100S Series Remote Temperature & Humidity Data Logger with LCD Screen & IP66 Housing
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Jianpu Technology, Inc. (JT)
- Managing Artificial Intelligence (AI) Projects Mini-Conference scheduled for March 27
- Muslim Lifestyle Website 'Eid Collective' Announces Official Launch
- Private Placement Markets Launches its PPM Life Insurance Company Backed Commercial Mortgage Loans
- Fennemore Names New Office Managing Partners, Practice Group Leaders & Chief Diversity Officer
- Memorial Hospital of Gardena Honors Nurses With the DAISY Award
- Chevy Repairs Kept Affordable with autopom! Vehicle Protection Plans
- Astra Launches Automated Bank Transfer API for Financial Institutions and Fintech Companies
- Wohler adds to their iVAM range with the launch of the iVAM2-2