- Are Productions Missing the Full Opportunities of Social Media Marketing?
- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
- Obtain a USCG Captain's License During COVID-19
The Bridge to Excellence Scholarship Program will provide students from San Francisco public high schools with $2,500 each in scholarship awards. This is the third year of Mayor Breed's Bridge to Excellence Scholarship. Last year, the Bridge to Excellence program provided 14 students with scholarships. Funding for the scholarship comes from the generous sponsorship of business and philanthropic partners.
"I understand firsthand the challenges our students face when pursuing a higher education, especially when they are the first in their family to go to college," said Mayor London Breed. "We know that if we give students the support and resources to succeed, they go on to do great things. Our Bridge to Excellence Program eases the financial burden that comes with going to college and helps students cover some of their expenses so they can focus on their education and realize their own potential."
More on The Californer
- Human Platelet Isolation Assay Kit
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #149 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces $500 Stimulus for Lower-Wage Workers and Families
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Infinity Q Capital Management LLC and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Get ready for Spring Break with a poem/potential song lyrics called "The New Coronavirus Blues"
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be a San Francisco Unified School District high school senior graduating in spring 2021 with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.20. Applicants must demonstrate a significant financial need and be the first in their family to attend a four-year college.
The application window will be open until Wednesday, March 31st, 2021. The Mayor's Office will review all qualified candidates and notify recipients by the end of April. Interested students can apply at: sfmayor.org/bridgetoexcellence.
Latest on The Californer
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: Our Lady of La Vang Church (SP19-028)
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: 645 Horning Street Gas Station, Food, and Storage Project (PDA16-027-02)
- San Francisco Moves to Phase 1B of COVID-19 Vaccinations, Expands Eligibility to Educators, Child Care, Emergency Services, Food and Agriculture Workers
- All-new Virtual Music Lounge Turntable Adds Amanda Levensohn as Creative Director
- Honorary Oscar-Winner Charles Burnett brings his award winning film on COVID-19 / Black Hollywood to the Prestigious Pan African 2021 Film Festival
- In a year of recession, Lantek closes 2020 with record sales figures and customer numbers
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebix, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Emmy Nominated Television Producer, Erika Bryant To Release New Book Titled Doing It Scared
- The 2021 Encore Gospel Celebration of Unity Virtual Concert a must see star-studded event
- New Phase 3 Clinical Study Finds Nutritional Protocol Including Nicotinamide Riboside Accelerates Recovery in Mild-to-Moderate COVID-19 Patients
- The Koedo Kawagoe Spring Festival Celebrates the Arrival of Springtime in Kawagoe, Japan
- Dropbox, Inc. Announces Upsize and Pricing of $1.306 Billion Convertible Senior Notes Offering
- Santa Monica Democratic Club Votes Unanimously to Approve Resolution for Columbia Sussex to Cease Future Operations in City, as Labor Dispute with UNITE HERE Local 11 Enters Fifth Year
- Long Beach: 58% of Seniors Vaccinated
- How to Get Product Testimonial Videos Very Quickly
- Aaron's Energy: An Unexpected Journey Through Grief and the Afterlife With My Brilliant Son
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 2.23.21
- Blume TV launches on Roku in 12 countries across Latin America
- Sulfated Glycosaminoglycans Assay Kit
- Veteran Prosecutor Jimmie Wilson, Running for Alameda County District Attorney on Platform of Accountability, Fairness and Transparency