Mayor Breed and City Attorney Herrera issued the following statement:
"Our public housing and Section 8 programs should be helping us to keep people safe and secure, not dividing families or putting people at risk of homelessness. HUD's Proposed Rule would harm the health, security, and wellbeing of hundreds of San Francisco residents, and would likely result in the displacement and homelessness of many low-income families, including seniors and children.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Shared Spaces Program to Support Neighborhood Activity and Local Businesses
- Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Runaways Wizard World Virtual Experiences, May 27-29-June 6
- Cost of Cancer Care Reported By Critical Illness Insurance Association
- Ventura College Foundation Weekend Marketplace Reopens May 30 and 31
- Learn a simple way to recover Yahoo email account
This proposed rule is illegal, inhumane and short-sighted. If it's allowed to take effect, more than 100 families in San Francisco—all with children—would lose their housing and likely become homeless. It would force another 60 San Francisco families to make a heartbreaking decision: split up your family or lose your home. That's a choice that no family should ever have to make. There is nothing American about breaking apart families or forcing them onto the streets. Kids should be with their parents, and they shouldn't have to worry about where they'll sleep at night. We will not stand by as families are forced to make this unbearable choice. Families belong together. We urge HUD to withdraw the Proposed Rule."
Latest on The Californer
- Walzik Announces Automated Interface Between Dynamics GP and Strategic Movements
- NS4ed Partners with New Mexico to Maximize the Perkins V's Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
- Fairfield by Marriott Hotel Opens in Camarillo, California
- Over 400 CEOs Have Benefited from CEO Coaching International's Free Coaching Call Offer
- Kevin Douglas Wright Announces the Official Selection of Fantasy Melodrama by Lift-Off Global Network
- AI Training Dataset Market Size Worth $4.8 Billion by 2027 | CAGR: 22.5%: Grand View Research, Inc.
- "The Central Authority" Movie Wraps Principal Photography
- Certified Nutraceuticals , Inc is proud to partner with Princeton Consumer Research for a Randomized, Single-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Study
- Global Greenhouse Vegetable Publications
- Private Placement Markets Announces Its Annual General Meeting Update
- Reflections by Anh Lê: How Can We Say Thanks For Your Service & Turn Away
- Long Beach: Remembering Heroes
- All Premium CBD Enters the Pain Relief Arena with CBDMEDIC Partnership
- Eight Week Summer Better Heart Diet
- Nutraceuticals & Agriceuticals Technology Company, Inc. Files For Patent Protection For Latest Invention Persimonal™ Persimmon Leaf Exctract- Powder
- Veteran's 40yr dream graduation and thesis-film release ON HOLD due to Covid-19, while his little Angel fights brain-cancer!
- World Humanity Commission Awards Certificate of Appreciation to Kalgidhar Society Baru Sahib for promoting Lessons of Humanity
- edjuster Celebrates Twenty Years of Excellence in Contents Claims Management for Insurers, Adjusters and Policyholders
- Gold City Music announces a NEW CD RELEASE By Former Isley Brother CHRIS JASPER..."For the Love of You"
- Sony's New Flagship Xperia 1 II Smartphone Will Ship on July 24th in the United States--Pre-sales start June 1st