- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Marqeta, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- ArborWorks LLC Announces the Promotion of Mr. Clint Stephens to Vice President of Operations, Southeastern Region
DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT FOR THE WESTGATE WEST COSTCO WAREHOUSE PROJECT
Costco Wholesale Corporation
381-36-012, 381-36-014, 381-36-018, 381-36-021, 381-36-023, 381-36-028, 381-36-029, and 381-36-030
Project Description: The project is a Conditional Use Permit to allow demolition of existing commercial buildings totaling approximately 188,265 square feet and the removal of 69 trees (50 ordinance-size trees and 17 non-ordinance-size trees) for the construction of an approximately 166,058-square foot wholesale retail center ("Costco"), including a tire center and associated parking and landscaping within an existing approximately 19.8-gross acre shopping center ("Westgate West Shopping Center"). The project also includes a request for the off-sale of alcohol (Type 21 ABC License – full range of alcoholic beverages) in the CG Commercial General Zoning District.
Location: The project site is located at 5287 Prospect Road within an existing shopping center on the northeast corner of Lawrence Expressway and Prospect Road. The 19.8-acre project site is comprised of eight parcels, as listed above, and is bounded by Graves Avenue to the north, the Westgate Shopping Center to the east, Prospect Road to the south, and Lawrence Expressway to the west.
As the Lead Agency, the City of San José will prepare an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the project referenced above. The City welcomes your input regarding the scope and content of the environmental information that is relevant to your area of interest, or to your agency's statutory responsibilities in connection with the proposed project. If you are affiliated with a public agency, this EIR may be used by your agency when considering subsequent approvals related to the project.
More on The Californer
- Fourth Annual Santa Barbara County Farm Day – Meet All The Hands That Feed You
- Aero Secures $65M in Series B Financing to Accelerate the Future of Premium Air Travel
- AI-Powered Customer Experience Trailblazer Forethought Announces Agenda for Virtual Forward Conference
- MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS to showcase the future of video and audio with VVC and MPEG-H Audio
- Former Top Altria Exec Takes the Reigns at Respira Technologies: Brian Quigley Is Appointed CEO
An online joint community and environmental public scoping meeting for this project will be held:
When: Monday, January 24, 2022 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Where: Via Zoom (see instructions below)
The live meeting will be recorded. You will be muted upon entry to the meeting. Please do not unmute yourself until the presenter has called on you to speak. If you have not participated in a Zoom meeting before, we encourage you to download the Zoom application to your phone, tablet, or computer and feel free to log in early to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise. Participants who are unable to install Zoom on their computer or mobile device can join a meeting through their computer's web browser. Zoom currently works best with Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Chromium Edge.
Electronic device instructions:
For participants who would like to join electronically from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device, please click this URL: https://sanjoseca.zoom.us/j/97816769620
Please ensure your device has audio input and output capabilities. During the session, if you would like to comment, please use the 'raise hand' feature in Zoom conference call or click *9 to raise a hand to speak.
- Use a current, up-to-date browser: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers including Internet Explorer.
- Mute all other audio before speaking. Using multiple devices can cause an audio feedback.
- Enter an email address and name. The name will be visible online and will be used to notify you that it is your turn to speak.
- If you wish to speak during open forum, click on "raise hand." Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak.
- When called, please limit your remarks to the time limit allotted.
Telephone device instructions:
More on The Californer
- Certified Restoration to Offer Flood Detection Technology Known for Saving Customers Millions
- Orbex Launches "The Ultimate Trading Course" Live Educational Series
- Axonics® to Participate in September Investor Conferences
- Global Heritage Fund Leveraging Planet SkySat to Protect the Cultural Fabric of Ukraine
- "DJ Mark Battle" Keeps Draymond Green on the dancefloor for hours during Wedding Weekend Extravaganza
For participants who would like to join telephonically please dial +1-877-853-5257 and when prompted, enter meeting ID: 978 1676 9620. You may also click *9 to raise a hand to speak.
Questions or Public Comments prior to meeting:
If you have questions regarding the virtual community meeting or would like to submit your comments prior to the meeting, please e-mail Maira.Blanco@sanjoseca.gov. Comments submitted prior to this meeting will be considered as if you were present in the meeting.
The project description, location, and probable environmental effects that will be analyzed in the EIR for the project can be found on the City's Active EIRs website at www.sanjoseca.gov/activeeirs, including the EIR Scoping Meeting information. According to State law, the deadline for your response is 30 days after receipt of this notice. However, responses earlier than 30 days are always welcome. If you have comments on this Notice of Preparation, please identify a contact person from your organization, and send your response to:
City of San José
Department of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement
Attn: Maira Blanco, Environmental Project Manager
200 East Santa Clara Street, 3rd Floor Tower
San José CA 95113-1905
Phone: (408) 535-7837, e-mail: Maira.Blanco@sanjoseca.gov
Latest on The Californer
- Advanced Revenue Management System Unveiled at CIO 100 Symposium in Rancho Palos Verdes, California
- Top QA Pain Points & Ways to Improve Software Testing
- Boom Boom Firearms Training LLC., Is Hosting Maryland Wear & Carry Permit (CCW) 16-Hour Courses For Eligible MD Residents & Non Residents
- Improvement, data science pros to convene in Atlanta Sept. 19-21
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2022 October Speak Up Women Conference and Last Call For Speakers
- Arcion Releases the Next Evolution of Real-Time CDC Data Pipeline Technology
- Axiomtek Launches ISO 7637-2 Embedded PC for Transportation Gateway – tBOX110
- Calling All Women! Embassy City Presents a Women's Mental Health & Wellness Focused Conference
- Mandarina Houses presents a comprehensive solution to your real estate needs
- Bundledocs launch new Cloud PDF Editor as part of their entry into North American market
- Axonics® Expands Sacral Neuromodulation Intellectual Property Portfolio
- Tune In On Rising Talents With 'Man Of The Hour's'- 'Artist You Should Know'
- Mac & A.K. delivers their latest single "King of the Grind" on major platforms
- Actress, Zaina Juliette as Angel in New Film, Condition of Return
- Bloom Energy Corporation Announces Pricing of $338.0 Million Public Offering of Class A Common Stock
- Non-profit Responds to Post Covid Needs
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Co-Diagnostics, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Eagan Immigration Announces Their Debut on the Inc. 5000
- Klarinet Solutions Wins Bronze Stevie® Award In 2022 International Business Awards®
- Jessica Sanchez Releases Highly Anticipated New Single and Music Video "Baddie"