- TVS Cipher Network Adds Lights Out,Foreign Intrigue,Science Fiction Theater to WatchYour.TV Platform
- TVS Nostalgia TV Network Adds My World and Welcome to It to Winter 2022 WatchYour.TV Schedule
- Cpics - A New Streaming Platform Dedicated to South Asian Content Announce Upcoming 2022 Activities
DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT FOR THE WESTGATE WEST COSTCO WAREHOUSE PROJECT
Costco Wholesale Corporation
381-36-012, 381-36-014, 381-36-018, 381-36-021, 381-36-023, 381-36-028, 381-36-029, and 381-36-030
Project Description: The project is a Conditional Use Permit to allow demolition of existing commercial buildings totaling approximately 188,265 square feet and the removal of 69 trees (50 ordinance-size trees and 17 non-ordinance-size trees) for the construction of an approximately 166,058-square foot wholesale retail center ("Costco"), including a tire center and associated parking and landscaping within an existing approximately 19.8-gross acre shopping center ("Westgate West Shopping Center"). The project also includes a request for the off-sale of alcohol (Type 21 ABC License – full range of alcoholic beverages) in the CG Commercial General Zoning District.
Location: The project site is located at 5287 Prospect Road within an existing shopping center on the northeast corner of Lawrence Expressway and Prospect Road. The 19.8-acre project site is comprised of eight parcels, as listed above, and is bounded by Graves Avenue to the north, the Westgate Shopping Center to the east, Prospect Road to the south, and Lawrence Expressway to the west.
As the Lead Agency, the City of San José will prepare an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the project referenced above. The City welcomes your input regarding the scope and content of the environmental information that is relevant to your area of interest, or to your agency's statutory responsibilities in connection with the proposed project. If you are affiliated with a public agency, this EIR may be used by your agency when considering subsequent approvals related to the project.
More on The Californer
- COVALT Concrete Floor Leveling, San Clemente
- Ethos Asset Management Inc., USA Announces Deal with Meat Alimentos e Servicos Ltda., Brazil to Expand 'General Prime Burger' Restaurants and Develop a New Brand in Brazil
- California: Governor Newsom Joins Vice President Harris to Highlight State-Federal Investments and Action to Build Wildfire Resilience
- A New Approach to Finding the Perfect Home
- RBB Bancorp Announces Completion of Acquisition of Certain Assets and Liabilities of the Honolulu, Hawaii Branch Office of Bank of the Orient
An online joint community and environmental public scoping meeting for this project will be held:
When: Monday, January 24, 2022 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Where: Via Zoom (see instructions below)
The live meeting will be recorded. You will be muted upon entry to the meeting. Please do not unmute yourself until the presenter has called on you to speak. If you have not participated in a Zoom meeting before, we encourage you to download the Zoom application to your phone, tablet, or computer and feel free to log in early to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise. Participants who are unable to install Zoom on their computer or mobile device can join a meeting through their computer's web browser. Zoom currently works best with Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Chromium Edge.
Electronic device instructions:
For participants who would like to join electronically from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device, please click this URL: https://sanjoseca.zoom.us/j/97816769620
Please ensure your device has audio input and output capabilities. During the session, if you would like to comment, please use the 'raise hand' feature in Zoom conference call or click *9 to raise a hand to speak.
- Use a current, up-to-date browser: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers including Internet Explorer.
- Mute all other audio before speaking. Using multiple devices can cause an audio feedback.
- Enter an email address and name. The name will be visible online and will be used to notify you that it is your turn to speak.
- If you wish to speak during open forum, click on "raise hand." Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak.
- When called, please limit your remarks to the time limit allotted.
Telephone device instructions:
More on The Californer
- Trina Rockstarr "Diamond Princess" Apes into Metaverse with 456 Collectors Club
- ExecuSearch Holdings, LLC Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Possible Class Action Lawsuit
- Archer Appoints Mark Mesler as Chief Financial Officer
- New Talk Show Premiers on Chow Entertainment KXLA
- 1017 Brick Squad Records 2022 New Artist Acquisition
For participants who would like to join telephonically please dial +1-877-853-5257 and when prompted, enter meeting ID: 978 1676 9620. You may also click *9 to raise a hand to speak.
Questions or Public Comments prior to meeting:
If you have questions regarding the virtual community meeting or would like to submit your comments prior to the meeting, please e-mail Maira.Blanco@sanjoseca.gov. Comments submitted prior to this meeting will be considered as if you were present in the meeting.
The project description, location, and probable environmental effects that will be analyzed in the EIR for the project can be found on the City's Active EIRs website at www.sanjoseca.gov/activeeirs, including the EIR Scoping Meeting information. According to State law, the deadline for your response is 30 days after receipt of this notice. However, responses earlier than 30 days are always welcome. If you have comments on this Notice of Preparation, please identify a contact person from your organization, and send your response to:
City of San José
Department of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement
Attn: Maira Blanco, Environmental Project Manager
200 East Santa Clara Street, 3rd Floor Tower
San José CA 95113-1905
Phone: (408) 535-7837, e-mail: Maira.Blanco@sanjoseca.gov
Latest on The Californer
- BIS Research Study Highlights the Wiring Harnesses and Connectors for Electric Vehicles Market to Reach $22.87 billion by 2031
- A Cool Jazz Ballad that Contemplates the Nature of Consciousness; Octopuses
- Freedom Photonics Sets a New Milestone: auraTM 1550 nm Semiconductor Laser Amplifier Reaches >5.0 Watt Diffraction-Limited Output Power
- CASETiFY Collaborates with Peanuts to Introduce a Snoopy and Friends-Inspired Collection
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Advertisement Strategies for Event Promotion
- How do a traveller opt Virgin America booking at low fare to hometown
- AHF Praises Merck for Generics – Urges Same from Vaccine Makers
- McAfee Continues to Provide Leading Online Protection to Consumers
- California: Governor Newsom Brings in State Support for Rail Theft in Los Angeles, Highlights State Efforts to Fight and Prevent Crime
- "Bliss Brain" Wins the Nautilus and American Book Fest Top Awards
- Insurance Association Launches 2022 Selling Medicare Insurance Video Package
- TEAMSTERS STAGE PRACTICE PICKET AT CEMEX
- Console & Associates, P.C. Investigates Class Action Lawsuit Following LendUS, LLC Data Breach
- ReoStar Energy Corporation Executes Letter of Intent (LOI) with an experienced oil and gas company
- CORRECTING and REPLACING PHOTO Open Influence Launches Go Prism Self-Serve SaaS Solution, an Innovative Influencer Marketing and Insights Tool for Social Media Marketers
- Yunishigawa Onsen's Kamakura Festival Features the Unique Northern Japan Winter Tradition: Kamakura or Snow Huts
- A New Social Network Based on Gratitude and Positivity
- Prophecy Raises $25M to Accelerate Availability of Its Low-Code Platform for Data Engineering
- Alten Construction completes modernization of Castro Valley High School
- We Are Reaching Out to Our Community in Los Angeles