- RMM Construction Management Services to Oversee New Buena Vista Rancheria Gov. Bldg
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 11.30.21
- Newsom announces 12 new appointments to the judiciary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Colin Heyne, Public Information Manager, Department of Transportation
City of San José Department of Transportation Awarded Grant for Bicycle, Pedestrian Safety Education
SAN JOSE, Calif. (October 26, 2021) – The City of San José Department of Transportation is the recipient of a $110,000 grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) that will prioritize the safety of bicyclists and pedestrians.
"All traffic fatalities are tragedies, and when the victim is walking, riding a bike, or has mobility challenges it is even more appalling," said John Ristow, City of San José Director of Transportation. "With the OTS funding, we are able to spread awareness of unsafe behaviors, teach street safety, provide protective equipment, and hear the lived experiences and local knowledge that can help our department identify solutions."
More on The Californer
- Codie Sanchez Reviews - This Contrarian Has a Lot to Say
- Breaking News: She's Looking Good (Robot Mix) by Rodger Collins
- ALERT: Alfi, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action Lawsuit - ALF; ALFIW
- A Unique Gift for the Person that Has Everything – A Soul Song Composed Just for Them
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Alfi, Inc. (ALF, ALFIW) Investors
"Our roads are increasingly riskier for people who walk or ride their bike," OTS Director Barbara Rooney said. "The goal of this funding is to reverse the growing trend of bicyclist and pedestrian-involved crashes by educating the public on safe road behaviors."
Grant funds will pay for a comprehensive safety program that will teach valuable skills for all types of road users:
- Education workshops geared toward youth and older adults.
- Education on the importance of safety equipment that improves visibility such as reflective armbands, bicycle headlights and taillights.
- Community walks and bicycle safety courses.
- Bicycle helmet inspections.
- Distribution of bicycle helmets to those in need following education presentations.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
More on The Californer
- American Bottle Auctions will offer Part 1 of the Mel Hammer collection, online-only, December 10-19
- Newsom launches $300 million "Clean California" grant program
- SleepLab Anti-Snore: 50% Off black friday deal
- UPCOMING DEADLINE: Playtika Holding Corp. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action Lawsuit – PLTK
- The Godfather of Fitness, Jack LaLanne's Legacy Continues in New Book
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José is one of the most diverse large cities in the United States and is Northern California's largest city and the 10th largest city in the nation. San José's transformation into a global innovation center has resulted in one of the largest concentrations of technology companies and expertise in the world. In 2011, the City adopted Envision San José 2040, a long-term growth plan that sets forth a vision and a comprehensive road map to guide the City's anticipated growth through the year 2040.
About the Department of Transportation
The San José Department of Transportation (DOT) plans, develops, operates, and maintains transportation facilities, services, and related systems that contribute to the livability and economic health of the city. Our goal is to provide a transportation system that is safe, efficient, and convenient for all modes of transportation, and which supports San José's livability and economic vitality.
Latest on The Californer
- Special Gourmet Cooking Event!
- loanDepot celebrates week of giving with $50,000 donation to United Cerebral Palsy of Orange County
- California Governor announces seven new appointments
- Leonardo247 Wins the 2021 Multi-Housing News Excellence Award for Most Innovative Technology
- Stout Industrial Technology Hires Brent Shedd as Chief Executive Officer
- Mariachi Herencia de Mexico presents "It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year"
- Platinum Equity Completes Sale Of Orbit Irrigation To Husqvarna Group
- TurboTax Has Every Tax Situation Covered Whether Doing Taxes Yourself or With the Help of a TurboTax Live Expert
- Protagonist Therapeutics to Present at the JMP Securities Hematology and Oncology Summit
- How do I ask a question to Facebook?
- IaaS Tech Company StrongNode.io and Social Impact Gaming Ecosystem Original Gamer Life Name OIG Oracles Investment Group as Key Partner
- Tutor Perini Announces Two Projects Collectively Valued at $218.8 Million
- Kinecta Federal Credit Union Invites the South Bay Community to participate in the 3rd Annual California Great Santa Stroll to Benefit Mychal's Learning Place
- StrongNode.io Connects with Block0 for Strategic Partnership in Building the Future of Digital Connectivity
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.2.21
- LingoAce Raises $160 Million in New Funding Amidst Rapid Global Expansion
- MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center Named Top 10 Percent in Nation for Joint Replacement, Receives National Excellence Award by Healthgrades
- EA Sports and Activision Former VP Kim Salzer Steps in as CMO for NFT Gaming Social Impact Ecosystem Original Gamer Life
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Business Tax Financial Hardship Exemption Extended
- Aldelo Completes NTEP Certification for Star Micronics Scale