City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Rosario Neaves, Director of Communications/EPIO; 210-823-3908
City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Supporting the Food Delivery System: The City has taken the lead in setting up a countywide food distribution system with an initial focus on the most vulnerable populations, seniors (60 years and older) and those with medical conditions. The City is working to keep our non-profit food distribution infrastructure supported and strong. To this end, Second Harvest Food Bank of Silicon Valley requested and is receiving assistance from the California National Guard. As the COVID-19 crisis continues, Second Harvest is experiencing a significant increase in calls for food assistance. Calls have increased from an average of 200 to more than 1,000 per day, and all other food distributors are seeing an increase in clients as well. The CA National Guard is helping Second Harvest prepare food quickly and safely for the most vulnerable people in our communities. Volunteers are still needed; visit shfb.org to sign up or donate funds or via the Silicon Valley Strong Initiative, www.siliconvalleystrong.org. Anyone in need of food should call Second Harvest's Food Connection Hotline at 1-800-984-3663.
More on The Californer
- Women in Quantum Summit launch event
- Bay Area Community Rallies Around 12 Year Old With Cancer
- San Francisco: Statement from Mayor London Breed on Sanctuary City Ruling
- MEMEENO Wins 2020 Top Choice of the Year Award
- International open ideas competition receives 960 entries for an iconic landmark in Silicon Valley
Fire Department: San José Fire Department welcomed a group of new recruits who began their training academy on Monday, March 23. Safety protocols are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19, with recruits modeling behavior we expect community members to be following. This includes social distancing as well as frequent hand washing and cleaning of our training facilities. During this critical time, we remain committed to serving and protecting the San José community.
Planning Commission Meeting: The Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 25 at 6:30 p.m. will be held using a Zoom conference call that is open to the public and enables public comments. Use Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/599857156 or call 1-877-853-5247, meeting ID: 599-857-156#. Agenda and details on how to submit comments for this meeting are available at https://bit.ly/2WEMyGJ.
Subscribe to the News Releases eNotification list to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor.">
More on The Californer
- JT Legal Group Recognizes the Pandemic of Nursing Home Abuse during COVID-19
- Bloomberg Harvard Leadership program selects Costa Mesa mayor
- Outdoor dining and additional businesses now open at The Collection
- Battlestar Galactica, One Tree Hill, Star Trek Among New Wizard World Virtual Experiences This Week
- Devin Burrows' THE WRETCHED Score to be Released
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov. ">
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person's risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.
Latest on The Californer
- Help-A-Reporter-Out (HARO) Founder, Peter Shankman, Talks Risk-Taking on "Confidence Connection"
- myGEKOgear Releases the Smart Hardwire Kit to Easily Have your Dash Cam Connected 24/7
- San Francisco Continues to Pause Reopening for Most Activities and Businesses
- Richmond American Debuts New Model Homes in Victorville
- Crafts N Chisel: Boutique for Authentic Indian Handicrafts Home Decor
- Angela Rye Sits Down with Black Cooperative Investment Fund
- Weekends Sales for Insurance Agents
- North Carolina Medicare Supplement Insurance Rates Reported
- Routes Gallery moves from original San Anselmo location to downtown San Rafael
- New ezW2Correction Software Offers Service Industries A Better Alternative To Print Corrected Form
- EVERGREEN IS THE BLOOD from Polestar Studios Stars Dawna Lee Heising, John Reign and Aki Aleong
- Deep learning enables early detection and classification of live bacteria using holography
- 4x4 Wigs New Arrival Hair Wigs In Julia Hair
- Rheumatoid Factor Solution from Molecular Depot
- RIPA Lysis and Extraction Buffer
- We Want To Believe Episode 3 The Demon Jar Now Showing
- Meeschell Raises the Bar for Women Entrepreneurs!
- Viola Rouge gives hand sanitizer to health care workers, first responders and teachers
- How to Buy Health Insurance Now
- California: Ahead of Peak Fire Season, Governor Newsom Announces More Firefighting Support Amid COVID-19 Pandemic