City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Rosario Neaves, Director of Communications/EPIO; 210-823-3908
City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Supporting the Food Delivery System: The City has taken the lead in setting up a countywide food distribution system with an initial focus on the most vulnerable populations, seniors (60 years and older) and those with medical conditions. The City is working to keep our non-profit food distribution infrastructure supported and strong. To this end, Second Harvest Food Bank of Silicon Valley requested and is receiving assistance from the California National Guard. As the COVID-19 crisis continues, Second Harvest is experiencing a significant increase in calls for food assistance. Calls have increased from an average of 200 to more than 1,000 per day, and all other food distributors are seeing an increase in clients as well. The CA National Guard is helping Second Harvest prepare food quickly and safely for the most vulnerable people in our communities. Volunteers are still needed; visit shfb.org to sign up or donate funds or via the Silicon Valley Strong Initiative, www.siliconvalleystrong.org. Anyone in need of food should call Second Harvest's Food Connection Hotline at 1-800-984-3663.
More on The Californer
- Official Poster & Trailer for Alex Visani's STOMACH
- How do I fix Gmail Temporary bad Error 500
- Overview on what is Alaska airlines Flight Change Policy-Isupportnumber
- Overview on what is Alaska airlines Flight Change Policy
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Expand Telehealth Services
Fire Department: San José Fire Department welcomed a group of new recruits who began their training academy on Monday, March 23. Safety protocols are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19, with recruits modeling behavior we expect community members to be following. This includes social distancing as well as frequent hand washing and cleaning of our training facilities. During this critical time, we remain committed to serving and protecting the San José community.
Planning Commission Meeting: The Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 25 at 6:30 p.m. will be held using a Zoom conference call that is open to the public and enables public comments. Use Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/599857156 or call 1-877-853-5247, meeting ID: 599-857-156#. Agenda and details on how to submit comments for this meeting are available at https://bit.ly/2WEMyGJ.
Subscribe to the News Releases eNotification list to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor.">
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Protect Consumers from Price Gouging
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #44 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- Michael S.Rodriguez's Last America Horror Show II gets a New Poster
- Chance Trahan Calls Donald Trump a Socialist Coward
- DWS Star Joins iPOP Alum Matt Cornett on High School Musical Series
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov. ">
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person's risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.
Latest on The Californer
- TOMORROW: Governor Newsom to Provide Update on State's Emergency Actions to Protect Homeless Californians and Public from COVID-19
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #42 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.2.20
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Death of Santa Rosa Police Detective
- Celiane The Voice Transcends Dimensions With Her Otherwordly Artistry!
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order Protecting Homes, Small Businesses from Water Shutoffs
- California: Governor Newsom Announces New Help for Small Businesses & Workers Displaced by COVID-19
- Dutch Hip-Hop Artist Odillia Releases Debut US Single "End of the World" Featuring Lil' Keed
- "Damned Deceptions" - If a Religious Belief Is Wrong, Is That Really a Problem?
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Local Nonprofit Receives Federal Grant for CA Newborn Hearing Screening Program
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #41 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- TECH-GRO B-17 Boric Acid Spray now OMRI Certified
- Brushwood Media Group Is Pleased to Announce Film and TV Star, "Kim Aria Peterson"
- Franchise Times Welcomes Snell & Wilmer Partner Elizabeth Weldon Into the Legal Eagle Hall of Fame
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Board President Norman Yee Convene COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes
- Class Claims LLC Announces Practice to Assist Businesses with Government Loans and Grants
- Find effective ways to reach Live Technician at Jetblue Airlines
- Attorney turn feng shui author shows us how to make the most of our time at home in the release of MIND BODY HOME