City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Rosario Neaves, Director of Communications/EPIO: 210-823-3908
City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
County of Santa Clara Press Conference: The County of Santa Clara will provide details on the surge capacity of the County's 11 hospitals and what is being done to expand the number of beds during a press conference, today at 10:00 a.m. The briefing will be livestreamed on the County's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/sccpublichealth.
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Food Distribution Map: Today, April 2, the City of San José launched a food distribution map (bit.ly/SCCFoodMap) with important information on countywide food distribution sites to ensure food security for those in need. In collaboration with the County of Santa Clara, non-profit community partners, school districts, and faith-based organizations, the Silicon Valley Strong coalition now has 129 food distribution sites operating Monday through Friday. Visit siliconvalleystrong.org for more information on how to access food resources, donate or volunteer. Also, call 2-1-1, a 24-hour multi-lingual service, or text your zip code to 89821. San José Public Library: In a previous Partners in Reading (PAR) newsletter, it was stated that all San José Public Libraries will be closed until May 3. Although the County of Santa Clara has extended and updated its Shelter-in-Place Order through May 3, the San José Public Library has not yet confirmed or identified when it will reopen. For library updates, visit sjpl.org/covid19. Construction Guidance: The Santa Clara County Public Health Department's March 31 Order has further restricted construction activity. Most construction must cease through May 3. For residential construction, only projects with an on-site affordable housing component may continue, along with homeless shelters. There are also exceptions for essential healthcare and public works projects. To help explain the new restrictions and requirements for applicants/contractors seeking to continue current construction work, staff in the Department of Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement and Office of Economic Development have created a Construction Guidance webpage. For more information on permits, inspections, and construction protocols, visit www.sanjoseca.gov/permitcenter. Essential Business Social Distancing Protocols: The Santa Clara County Public Health Department's March 31 Order requires essential businesses to create, post, and implement their official Social Distancing Protocol by tomorrow, April 3. Essential businesses must also provide a copy of their Social Distancing Protocol to all employees and must provide evidence of its implementation to any authority enforcing the Order on demand. The County prepared sample protocol documents for essential businesses in English, Chinese, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Essential stores must also provide hand sanitizer and limit the number of people in a store at one time. Complete the 2020 Census: Completing the Census is important during times of crisis as the count translates into the State and San José receiving essential federal funds for services like fire departments, hospitals, and health centers in our community for the next 10 years. The City is encouraging everyone to complete the 2020 Census and count every person living or sleeping in their home, including children, roommates, and friends. The Census takes 10 minutes to complete. Residents can respond online (my2020census.gov), by phone (844-330-2020) or by mail. Online census and phone support is available in English and 12 other languages, including Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Tagalog, and Chinese. For more information, visit www.2020census.gov.
More on The Californer
- Los Angeles Urban League Addresses Protests Related to the Death of George Floyd at the Hands of Police
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #1 - Protest Safety
- Online Dating Profile Critiques and Makeovers
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces David Dye As The 2021 Keynote Speaker
- Human Hemoglobin for Interference Testing
Subscribe to the News Releases eNotification list to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor.">
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov. ">
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person's risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.
Latest on The Californer
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Survivorship Conference Presentations Educate Readers about Ritual Abuse and Mind Control
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Exclusive interview with Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt "Catching up with Natalie & Katherine"
- San Francisco: New Health Order Requires Residents and Workers to Wear Face Coverings Outside the Home
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #109 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Orange County Lemon Law Attorney Luis Aguirre Launches Spanish Version of its Website
- Summer Camp ONLINE at Theatre School @ North Coast Rep
- Mayor London Breed Announces Timeline and Plan for Safely Reopening San Francisco
- MedTrainer Named Best Compliance Management Solution Provider in 2020 MedTech Breakthrough Awards
- Beta-Mannosidase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- SmartGateVC Will Establish a Start-Up Tech Accelerator in Glendale Called Hero House Glendale
- RC Diedrich and Tremain Hayhoe Discuss Succeeding No Matter What
- Property from the estate of June D. Winkler will be sold online by Andrew Jones Auctions, June 16th
- Nicole Rogas, Senior Vice President at Experian Health, joins Nuevozen Advisory Board
- WHIP IT, SIP IT! Virtual Wine Tasting with Gerald Casale, Co-Founder of Rock Band Devo & Proprietor of The 50 by 50 Winery in Napa Valley