- Are Productions Missing the Full Opportunities of Social Media Marketing?
- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
- Obtain a USCG Captain's License During COVID-19
February 11, 2021
Rachel Davis, Press Secretary, Office of Mayor Sam Liccardo, email@example.com, 408.712.9149
SAN JOSÉ, CA - Today, Mayor Liccardo was joined virtually by community partners and small business owners to highlight resources currently available to small business, and to encourage residents to continue to #ShopLocalSJ to help the backbone of our community weather the pandemic. The Mayor also cautioned of the upcoming deadline to submit COVID related insurance claims, on March 16, 2021.
"COVID has devastated our small businesses—and they need our help, now," said San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo. "I'm grateful that Paul Caputo, Esq has stepped up to help those businesses unable to receive the help they're owed by their insurance companies. We can all do our part, as many San Jose residents have demonstrated through their commitment to #ShopLocal to help our neighborhood shops, restaurants, and salons keep their doors open."
Struggling small business owners who have unsuccessfully sought payment from their insurance companies for "business interruption," as described in their general commercial insurance policies have until March 16, 2021 to submit a claim with their insurance provider, per statute of limitations from the onset of the original Santa Clara County stay at home order. The City of San José does not have authority in this area, and can neither offer any legal advice, nor recommend any particular attorneys, however, the Mayor has reached out in his personal capacity to discuss this matter with a private attorney, Paul Caputo, Esq.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco Moves to Phase 1B of COVID-19 Vaccinations, Expands Eligibility to Educators, Child Care, Emergency Services, Food and Agriculture Workers
- All-new Virtual Music Lounge Turntable Adds Amanda Levensohn as Creative Director
- Honorary Oscar-Winner Charles Burnett brings his award winning film on COVID-19 / Black Hollywood to the Prestigious Pan African 2021 Film Festival
- In a year of recession, Lantek closes 2020 with record sales figures and customer numbers
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebix, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
Local business owners, Chef Rodney Baca and Johanne Desjardins shared their story of how the pandemic has negatively affected their livelihoods, how they are struggling to find ways to survive, including fighting with insurance companies.
In addition, business owners can take advantage of resources and opportunities at Silicon Valley Strong:
- Outdoor dining/Al Fresco: Due to recent changes in the state/county health orders, outdoor dining is allowed again. Thankfully, the weather is encouraging and we hope that businesses are taking advantage of San Jose's legendary weather to safely serve folks outdoors. If you didn't participate in the Al Fresco initiative before, you can still do it now. We are committed to making it easy and straightforward.
- PPP Playbook: The playbook, which is available on the SV Strong website, provides small businesses with a list of lenders and business resources to help them start their PPP application. We also recommend small businesses network with their fellow small business owners to spread the word.
- #ShopLocalSJ: a social media campaign encouraging residents to spend locally during the holiday season to support small businesses and restaurants financially burdened by the pandemic. To join the movement, residents are invited to use #ShopLocalSJ on social media and share photos of their favorite businesses and restaurants;
- Shop Local Digital Directory Resource: Silicon Valley Strong recently launched a regional resource for small business listings in the area. Community members who are not active on social media can help identify their favorite local businesses by visiting siliconvalleystrong.org/shoplocal and submit the businesses information for the online directory;
- Get Virtual: Businesses who are not online can connect with Get Virtual for resources and guidance to establish their digital presence free of charge. Get Virtual will pair local businesses with college students to create an online presence. Businesses can contact 'Get Virtual' by visiting siliconvalleystrong.org/shoplocal and click on "I need help getting my business online". They offer:
Watch the full press conference here.
More on The Californer
- Emmy Nominated Television Producer, Erika Bryant To Release New Book Titled Doing It Scared
- The 2021 Encore Gospel Celebration of Unity Virtual Concert a must see star-studded event
- New Phase 3 Clinical Study Finds Nutritional Protocol Including Nicotinamide Riboside Accelerates Recovery in Mild-to-Moderate COVID-19 Patients
- The Koedo Kawagoe Spring Festival Celebrates the Arrival of Springtime in Kawagoe, Japan
- Dropbox, Inc. Announces Upsize and Pricing of $1.306 Billion Convertible Senior Notes Offering
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José comprises the 10th largest city in the United States, and one of its most diverse cities. San José's transformation into a global innovation center in the heart of Silicon Valley has resulted in the world's greatest concentration of technology talent and development.
Latest on The Californer
- Managing Artificial Intelligence (AI) Projects Mini-Conference scheduled for March 27
- Muslim Lifestyle Website 'Eid Collective' Announces Official Launch
- Private Placement Markets Launches its PPM Life Insurance Company Backed Commercial Mortgage Loans
- Fennemore Names New Office Managing Partners, Practice Group Leaders & Chief Diversity Officer
- Memorial Hospital of Gardena Honors Nurses With the DAISY Award
- Chevy Repairs Kept Affordable with autopom! Vehicle Protection Plans
- Astra Launches Automated Bank Transfer API for Financial Institutions and Fintech Companies
- Wohler adds to their iVAM range with the launch of the iVAM2-2
- Optimal Empowers Procurement Teams with Expert Best Practices
- Announced Sale of Wells Fargo Closed-End Funds' Advisor and Subadvisors
- Garland Technology and Endace Bring Network-Wide Visibility to SecOps and NetOps teams
- BEYOND GUANTANAMO: Louisiana Candidate for Congress blazes trail to freedom for U.S. political prisoners
- Andersen Solidifies Africa Platform
- California: In Kern County, Governor Newsom Announces New Central Valley Vaccine Initiatives Serving Hardest-Hit Communities
- Panish Shea & Boyle LLP Announces Record $39.5 Million Settlement for College Student Who Suffered Heat Stroke During Outdoor Jogging Class
- Celebrate International Women's Day at the Virtual Women's Expo
- Timely Vaccines Going Strong at GranVida
- Glycoprotein Staining Assay Kit
- Suttons Creek, Medical Device Industry's One-Stop-Shop Consultancy, Is Building Its Talent Pool
- Futuristic and Funky LoFi Techno Sets Vega Missile Apart from Other Artists