A DRAFT SUPPLEMENTAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT (SEIR)
FOR THE ALMADEN OFFICE PROJECT AND PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Project Description: The project would demolish the existing parking lot and construct up to
approximately 1,727,777 square feet of office in two 16-story towers (North Tower and South Tower) on an approximately 3.57-acre site. Both towers would have a maximum height of 283 feet to the top of the parapet and would be connected via a podium building on floors one to four. Amenity/food and beverage space would be located on the ground floor of both towers.
The North Tower would be approximately 641,340 square feet and would be comprised of approximately 586,663 office space and 13,885 square feet of amenity/food and beverage space. The North Tower would have approximately 39,046 square feet of terrace space. The proposed office space would be located on floors two to 15. The South Tower would be approximately 984,519 square feet which includes approximately 900,452 square feet of office space and 25,252 square feet of amenity/food and beverage space. The South Tower would have approximately 62,872 square feet of terrace space. The proposed office space would be located on floors two to 15.
The project proposes three levels of below-grade parking for a total of 1,343 parking spaces. Additionally, the project proposes a separated bike lane between the sidewalk and drop-off zones along the eastern and southern project frontages on Almaden Boulevard and Woz Way. The project proposes a total of 319 bicycle spaces.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 8.10.20
- Berlinlasers High Precision 100mW 532nm Green Laser Diode Module
- San Jose: Mayor Liccardo Joins SHP Foundation, Habitat for Humanity for Evans Lane Groundbreaking
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Death of CDCR Correctional Sergeant 8.10.20
- Sustainable Student-Run Company's Diverse Work Environment Embodies American-Made Spirit
Construction of the proposed project is estimated to occur for a period of 51 months. Extended construction hours include Saturday work from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM and 24-hour concrete pours for up to 12 days per year over the course of the entire project construction period.
Location: The approximately 3.57-acre project site is bounded by the Guadalupe River and Guadalupe River Trail to the west, an office building to the north, South Almaden Boulevard to the east, and Woz Way to the south in downtown San José.
Council District: 3 File No.: SP20-005
The proposed project will have potentially significant environmental effects on Air Quality, Biological Resources, and Noise resource areas. The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) requires this notice to disclose whether any listed toxic sites are present at the project location. The project site is not listed on any toxic sites databases.
The Draft EIR and documents referenced in the Draft EIR are available for review online at the City of San José's "Active EIRs" website at www.sanjoseca.gov/activeeirs. Usually hard copies would be available at City Hall and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Main Library in Downtown San Jose.
More on The Californer
- Beautytap TV Launches With A Roster Of International Artists & Influencers
- California: Governor Newsom Announces $81.8 Million in Commitments to Support Isolation and Quarantine Efforts in Communities Disproportionately Impacted by COVID-19
- e7 Health now offers at-home COVID-19 saliva test kits
- Maccabi USA Men's Basketball Announces New Head Coach For 21st Maccabiah
- Wedding and COVID – How to Shop for a Wedding Dress?
However, in response to the COVID-19 and Shelter-in-Place policy, hard copies are no longer
available at the typical locations, such as those listed above. Therefore, if requested, a hard copy will be mailed to you. Please allow time for printing and delivery.
The public review period for this Public Review Draft EIR begins on July 31, 2020 and ends on September 14, 2020. Written comments must be received at the Planning Department by 5:00 p.m. on September 14, 2020 to be addressed as part of the formal EIR review process. Written comments and questions should be referred to Kara Hawkins in the Department of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement via e-mail: Kara.Hawkins@sanjsoeca.gov, or by regular mail at the mailing address listed for the Department of Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement, above (send to the attention of Kara Hawkins).
For the official record, please your written comment letter and reference File No. SP20-005.
Following the close of the public review period, the Director of Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement will prepare a Final Environmental Impact Report that will include responses to comments received during the review period. At least ten days prior to the public hearing on the EIR, the City's responses to comments received during the public review period will be available for review and will be sent to those who have commented in writing on the EIR during the public review period.
Latest on The Californer
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Has Announced an Equity Investment in a Brantstone Properties Development Project – London, Slated 2023
- What if Bon Jovi's Drummer Had Been an Indian Temple Musician From 800AD?
- Crochet artwork in a league of its own
- New Memoir By U.S. Marine: Releasing on Amazon September 06 2020
- 3 Days Left for FREE Enrollment in New Algebra Made Easy with Math Minutes Pro Course on Udemy
- MTC Invites Residents to Weigh In on Toll Policies As Martinez-Walnut Creek Express Lane Debut Nears
- Building Your Success System. Unique New eBook
- Onlive Server Announced Europe based Germany VPS Server Hosting Services with KVM Hypervisor Cloud Panel
- The Most Innovative Hip Hop Cypher of 2020 Has Been Released!
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 8.7.20
- Final Six Members of 2020 Citizens Redistricting Commission Selected
- Free PPE for Long Beach Businesses
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds, Covid And These Uncertain Times
- Ravinder LaL named new Chairman of Silicon Valley Central Chamber of Commerce board of directors
- Daniel Vaswani (Red Metric Law, Criminal Defense & DUI) posts video about hate-speech & Facebook
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds in Uncertain Times
- Model-Dancer Larsen Thompson Makes Her Film Debut with Pearl, Also Starring Anthony Lapaglia
- Q26 Releases Summer Film Issue of QTYPE To Raise Money For The LGBTQ Community
- Why We Need More Black Executives in Hip Hop? by Eric B
- Mask Wholesaler Sponsors Alzheimer's Event