A DRAFT SUPPLEMENTAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT (EIR)
AND PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Project Description: The 0.20-acre project site is currently developed with a private surface parking lot. The project proposes to develop an approximately 272-room hotel. The 19-story building would reach a maximum height of 225 feet. A restaurant and bar are proposed on both the ground floor and the 19th floor. The hotel building would have one basement level for utilities and maintenance related services. No parking is currently proposed on-site. The project would provide parking for hotel patrons at an off-site City garage via a valet service and a parking agreement with the City of San Jose of up to approximately 30 years. The project would have a total of five valet parking (two on Almaden Blvd and three on Santa Clara Street).
Location: 8 North Almaden Boulevard, San Jose; Northeast corner of North Almaden Boulevard and West Santa Clara Street.
Council District: 3
More on The Californer
- It's A Three-Peat! L.O.L. Surprise! Wins Toy Of The Year!
- Road of No Return / Road to Hell Now Available on DVD from BayView Entertainment
- Artworks by Sargent, Koons, Chihuly, James Sword all do well at Bruneau & Co. auction held Feb. 15
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
- 3 Day Weekend Benefits - Start Your Side Business Now
File Nos.: H18-038.
The proposed project will have potentially significant environmental effects with regard to air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, hazardous materials, and noise. The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) requires this notice to disclose whether any listed toxic sites are present at the project location. The project site is not present on any list pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the California Government Code.
The Draft EIR and documents referenced in the Draft EIR are available for review online at the City of San José's "Active EIRs" website at www.sanjoseca.gov/activeeirs and are also available at the following locations:
Department of Planning, Building,
and Code Enforcement
200 East Santa Clara St., 3rd Floor
San José, CA 95113
Dr. MLK Jr. Main Library
150 E. San Fernando St.,
San José, CA 95112
The public review period for this Draft EIR begins on August 19, 2019 and ends on October 3, 2019. Written comments must be received at the Planning Department by 5:00 p.m. on October 3 2019, in order to be addressed as part of the formal EIR review process. Comments and questions should be referred to Thai-Chau Le in the Department of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement at 408-535-5658, via e-mail: Thai-Chau.Le@sanjoseca.gov, or by regular mail at the mailing address listed for the Department of Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement, above (send to the attention of Thai-Chau Le). For the official record, please your written comment letter and reference File Nos. H18-038.
More on The Californer
- Alkaline Phosphatase Staining Kit
- Why good, kind, and positive people are always happier
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 2.21.20
- Assault Industries introduces a new UTV specific tool kit!
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
Following the close of the public review period, the Director of Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement will prepare a Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Report that will include responses to comments received during the review period. At least ten days prior to the public hearing on the EIR, the City's responses to comments received during the public review period will be available for review and will be sent to those who have commented in writing on the EIR during the public review period.
Latest on The Californer
- "The Differences between Liposuction and Liposculpture" explained by Dr. Mitchell Cohen
- Google Will Index Sites Linked With No-Follow
- TVTY Alert: Johnson Fistel Launches Investigation into Tivity Health Following CEO Departure and Fourth Qtr. Results; Investors Encouraged to Contact Firm
- ChainUP's Independent Financial Derivatives Brand EXUP Launches ETF System Solution
- Our Man In Santiago at Theatre West
- Atlas Elite Entertainment is having their third Annual Music Awards!
- Lab Properties' New Sale-Leaseback Program Provides Cannabis Operators with Working Capital
- Inna Organic Receives Global Recognition as Premium Clean Beauty Brand
- Strong Leadership Delivers over $9 Million in Cost Savings
- Novacoast Announces Acquisition of Rallypoint Solutions
- San Joaquin Valley College in Atascadero Announces New Campus Director
- LG LAW now helping work injury clients in the city of Riverside
- Uber CEO to Participate in a Keynote at the Morgan Stanley 2020 SF Technology, Media & Telecom Conference
- HWA Announces Final Ballot for 2019 Bram Stoker Awards
- Cal State LA selected as county Vote Center for 2020 primary election
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- SunLED Announces New Line of High Temperature SMD LEDs
- Honda Warranty Alternatives Available from autopom!
- Today: Following Homelessness State of the State, Governor Newsom to Hold Media Availability After Meeting with League of California Cities as Part of Multi-Day Homelessness Tour
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Porterville Fire Department Firefighters