- Sacramento resident and author, Susan D. Powers, puts family first in her new book - 199
- TVS Boxing Network Adds Six Greatest Fights of the 20th Century to Summer Schedule on WatchYour.TV
- TVS Vintage Network.Com Adds Iconic Family Shows From First Decade of Television, on WatchYour.TV
"We are committed to identifying the best and most sophisticated technology tools to ensure the success of our project teams in the field and deliver real value for clients," said Jit Kee Chin, Executive Vice President and Chief Data & Innovation Officer at Suffolk. "OpenSpace allows our teams to collaborate more effectively, partner more closely with trade partners and provide clients more transparency and quality service. We believe this technology is the future of construction and we are excited to put this technology to work on our projects nationally."
Since Suffolk first piloted OpenSpace in 2018, adoption of the technology across Suffolk projects has grown exponentially due to the effectiveness of the technology and the support of Suffolk CoLabs. Suffolk CoLabs serve as the company's mechanism for operational change by exploring technological innovations and enrolling jobsites into pilot programs with the goal of systematically distributing and scaling new technologies and processes companywide. OpenSpace was initially tested through the CoLabs Pilot Program and rapidly scaled to become a "national operations solution" for projects throughout the country.
The OpenSpace platform is an invaluable tool for construction project teams because of the valuable visual data it captures seamlessly and efficiently. To capture data, a project team member walks a jobsite wearing a 360-degree camera affixed to their hardhat. During the walk, the OpenSpace platform automatically tracks the team member's path throughout the jobsite, taking numerous photographs that are seamlessly stitched together to create a virtual jobsite walk, or reality capture model of the site. Suffolk projects have completed over 5,000 walks with OpenSpace to date by leveraging the OpenSpace platform nationally.
More on The Californer
- Green Leaf Lab is leading the way at navigating new California cannabis regulations
- Mark Goode to Build Alliant Public Entity Education & Pooling Practice
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Event for June 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- California: Governor Newsom Meets with New FEMA Administrator on Devastation of Climate Crisis, Signs Resources Budget Trailer Bill
- What are the methods to ring at Google
Suffolk project teams have experienced a wide range of benefits and outcomes from implementing the product. With OpenSpace, project teams have comprehensive progress documentation for improved transparency on jobsites. All stakeholders and team members have access to an interactive, virtual walkthrough of jobsite conditions across the lifecycle of the job. This centralized project documentation helps to mitigate risk with organized, indexed photos available from project start to closeout and turnover. Teams are able to track critical milestones and activities, capture pre-pour inspections onsite, document safety walks, and record current conditions prior to wall and ceiling closures, among other benefits. These outcomes ultimately equate to significant time savings, risk avoidance and improved workflows for project teams which adds significant value for clients.
"OpenSpace has been a tremendous addition to our technology stack at Suffolk, as it creates increased transparency on our jobsites. From a daily operations perspective, owners, trade partners, and Suffolk team members have full visibility into the current state of the projects. That visibility and increased transparency around day-to-day site activity promotes an environment of accountability," notes Jeff Gouveia, President and General Manager of Suffolk Northeast.
As the OpenSpace technology continues to scale, Suffolk project teams are exploring new applications and unleashing new possibilities for the platform. Assistant Superintendent Max Sanchez said, "My team has been using OpenSpace for a variety of purposes, mainly for closely managing subcontractors on incomplete work, addressing safety concerns, and documenting field progress. The technology has been beneficial during team meetings and meetings with our client because we are able to closeout open action items simply by referencing the OpenSpace platform."
OpenSpace CEO and Co-Founder Jeevan Kalanithi said the agreement with Suffolk proves his company's product is making a difference for construction teams. "Suffolk is not only one of the top construction firms in the nation, they are also one of the most tech-forward companies in the industry. I've been extremely impressed with their dedication to using best practices in every area," he said.
More on The Californer
- Amobee Names Nick Brien as Chief Executive Officer
- California: Newsom Administration Secures 12 Additional Firefighting Aircraft to Support Statewide Fire Response
- Outdoor Access for All: California Establishes New Pilot Programs to Expand Youth Access to State Parks
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Adds Diffren't Strokes, Golden Girls, and Becker to Fall Schedule
- Extreme Tech Challenge Announces Strategic Partnership With the Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to Advance Technology-Enabled Resilient Food Systems
"We created OpenSpace to leverage cutting edge AI technology to help builders work more efficiently and we are thrilled that Suffolk sees the value in using our platform on projects nationwide. We look forward to being a key player in their continued success for years to come," said Kalanithi.
Founded in 2017, OpenSpace is a San Francisco-based tech company that is on a mission to bring new levels of transparency to construction. Our solutions combine simple 360 cameras, computer vision, and AI to make it incredibly easy to capture a complete visual record of the jobsite, share it via the cloud and track progress. To date our customers have used our platform to capture three billion square feet of active construction projects across thousands of sites in dozens of countries.
Suffolk is a real estate and construction enterprise that invests, innovates, and builds. Suffolk is a national company with $4.0 billion in annual revenue, 2,500 employees and main offices in Boston (headquarters), New York, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Estero, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. Suffolk serves clients in every major industry sector, including healthcare, science and technology, education, gaming, transportation/aviation, and commercial. Suffolk is privately held and is led by founder, chairman and CEO John Fish. Suffolk is ranked #23 on the Engineering News Record list of "Top 400 Contractors." For more information, visit www.suffolk.com and follow Suffolk on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Evolve IP Recognized in 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Desktop as a Service for Third Consecutive Year
- GA-ASI and UK MoD Exercise Contract for Additional 13 Protector RPAS
- KIMTRUE Shares Secrets to Getting and Maintaining Beautiful, Healthy Hair
- JetMax AI Vision Robotic Arm to be launched soon on Kickstarter
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Storage Made Easy announces SMBStream™, a new product that offers secure accelerated access to SMB Shares over the Internet
- Things to know before change or cancellation of your booked flight
- Twilio Achieves Full Compliance with STIR/SHAKEN Protocols to Combat Illegal Robocalls
- Gymboree Play & Music Announces Collaboration with DreamWorks Animation Series, Gabby's Dollhouse
- (CVA Alert) Johnson Fistel Investigates Proposed Sale of Covanta; Is $20.25 a Fair Price?
- NeoPhotonics to Host Conference Call to Discuss 2021 Second Quarter Financial Results on Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Angel brings a delightful song with a powerful message called; You will always be (My Baby Girl)
- Pharma and Biotech to Highly Invest in RNA Therapeutics to Expedite Research & Development across the Globe USA - English USA - English
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Proposed $26 Billion National Opioid Settlement
- Diversity News Media Brands Publisher Files Trademark For Diversity News Magazine Dot Com Domain Name
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Obtains Important Ruling for Tenaris S.A. Investors in Securities Fraud Class Action
- CLARA Analytics Appoints Tom Warden as Chief Insurance and Science Officer
- Governor, Mayors and Police Chiefs Talk Public Safety in Long Beach
- Markethive Standing Tall In The New Ocean Of Crypto Currencies
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation to Bolster State's Film and Television Industry, Creating Good Jobs and Promoting a Diverse Workforce