- Are Productions Missing the Full Opportunities of Social Media Marketing?
- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
- Prospect Home Finance becomes the official sponsor of the San Diego Gulls!
"We are committed to identifying the best and most sophisticated technology tools to ensure the success of our project teams in the field and deliver real value for clients," said Jit Kee Chin, Executive Vice President and Chief Data & Innovation Officer at Suffolk. "OpenSpace allows our teams to collaborate more effectively, partner more closely with trade partners and provide clients more transparency and quality service. We believe this technology is the future of construction and we are excited to put this technology to work on our projects nationally."
Since Suffolk first piloted OpenSpace in 2018, adoption of the technology across Suffolk projects has grown exponentially due to the effectiveness of the technology and the support of Suffolk CoLabs. Suffolk CoLabs serve as the company's mechanism for operational change by exploring technological innovations and enrolling jobsites into pilot programs with the goal of systematically distributing and scaling new technologies and processes companywide. OpenSpace was initially tested through the CoLabs Pilot Program and rapidly scaled to become a "national operations solution" for projects throughout the country.
The OpenSpace platform is an invaluable tool for construction project teams because of the valuable visual data it captures seamlessly and efficiently. To capture data, a project team member walks a jobsite wearing a 360-degree camera affixed to their hardhat. During the walk, the OpenSpace platform automatically tracks the team member's path throughout the jobsite, taking numerous photographs that are seamlessly stitched together to create a virtual jobsite walk, or reality capture model of the site. Suffolk projects have completed over 5,000 walks with OpenSpace to date by leveraging the OpenSpace platform nationally.
More on The Californer
- Haeggquist & Eck, LLP Is Investigating Claims Against Encore Capital Group, Inc.'s Directors and Officers for Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- San Jose Community Leaders Advocate for Return to In-Person Learning
- Ventura County Workforce Development Board Seeks Public Comments On 4-Year Workforce Plan
- Majid Al Futtaim Retail Expands Tally Robot Deployment to a Dozen Carrefour Stores in the UAE
- Southern California Black Chamber of Commerce - Long Beach Area Names Sharifah Hardie President
Suffolk project teams have experienced a wide range of benefits and outcomes from implementing the product. With OpenSpace, project teams have comprehensive progress documentation for improved transparency on jobsites. All stakeholders and team members have access to an interactive, virtual walkthrough of jobsite conditions across the lifecycle of the job. This centralized project documentation helps to mitigate risk with organized, indexed photos available from project start to closeout and turnover. Teams are able to track critical milestones and activities, capture pre-pour inspections onsite, document safety walks, and record current conditions prior to wall and ceiling closures, among other benefits. These outcomes ultimately equate to significant time savings, risk avoidance and improved workflows for project teams which adds significant value for clients.
"OpenSpace has been a tremendous addition to our technology stack at Suffolk, as it creates increased transparency on our jobsites. From a daily operations perspective, owners, trade partners, and Suffolk team members have full visibility into the current state of the projects. That visibility and increased transparency around day-to-day site activity promotes an environment of accountability," notes Jeff Gouveia, President and General Manager of Suffolk Northeast.
As the OpenSpace technology continues to scale, Suffolk project teams are exploring new applications and unleashing new possibilities for the platform. Assistant Superintendent Max Sanchez said, "My team has been using OpenSpace for a variety of purposes, mainly for closely managing subcontractors on incomplete work, addressing safety concerns, and documenting field progress. The technology has been beneficial during team meetings and meetings with our client because we are able to closeout open action items simply by referencing the OpenSpace platform."
OpenSpace CEO and Co-Founder Jeevan Kalanithi said the agreement with Suffolk proves his company's product is making a difference for construction teams. "Suffolk is not only one of the top construction firms in the nation, they are also one of the most tech-forward companies in the industry. I've been extremely impressed with their dedication to using best practices in every area," he said.
More on The Californer
- San Jose: Free Legal Services Available for Low-Income Tenants and Landlords in San José
- Mayor London Breed Announces Spending Plan for Historic Reinvestment in San Francisco's African-American Community
- Triller Fight Club Secures Teófimo López Against George Kambosos Jr. Bout
- Sandline Global Fortifies World-Class Executive Team: Glenn Hopper Joins as Chief Financial Officer
- RSTOR Enhances Software Defined Cloud Platform to Support Hybrid, Multi-Cloud Enterprise Infrastructures
"We created OpenSpace to leverage cutting edge AI technology to help builders work more efficiently and we are thrilled that Suffolk sees the value in using our platform on projects nationwide. We look forward to being a key player in their continued success for years to come," said Kalanithi.
Founded in 2017, OpenSpace is a San Francisco-based tech company that is on a mission to bring new levels of transparency to construction. Our solutions combine simple 360 cameras, computer vision, and AI to make it incredibly easy to capture a complete visual record of the jobsite, share it via the cloud and track progress. To date our customers have used our platform to capture three billion square feet of active construction projects across thousands of sites in dozens of countries.
Suffolk is a real estate and construction enterprise that invests, innovates, and builds. Suffolk is a national company with $4.0 billion in annual revenue, 2,500 employees and main offices in Boston (headquarters), New York, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Estero, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. Suffolk serves clients in every major industry sector, including healthcare, science and technology, education, gaming, transportation/aviation, and commercial. Suffolk is privately held and is led by founder, chairman and CEO John Fish. Suffolk is ranked #23 on the Engineering News Record list of "Top 400 Contractors." For more information, visit www.suffolk.com and follow Suffolk on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Infinity Q Capital Management LLC and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Get ready for Spring Break with a poem/potential song lyrics called "The New Coronavirus Blues"
- Dermatologist Fabio Gontijo wins the attention of celebrities with infallible procedures for women's beauty
- Local Barbers Refuse To Stop Taking Walk Ins In 2021. What They Did Was Inevitable
- Bronx DWI Lawyer Announces New Website
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
- San Francisco: City Leaders Join Together to Announce Two New Initiatives to Prevent Recidivism and Gun Violence
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: Our Lady of La Vang Church (SP19-028)
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: 645 Horning Street Gas Station, Food, and Storage Project (PDA16-027-02)
- San Francisco Moves to Phase 1B of COVID-19 Vaccinations, Expands Eligibility to Educators, Child Care, Emergency Services, Food and Agriculture Workers
- All-new Virtual Music Lounge Turntable Adds Amanda Levensohn as Creative Director
- Honorary Oscar-Winner Charles Burnett brings his award winning film on COVID-19 / Black Hollywood to the Prestigious Pan African 2021 Film Festival
- In a year of recession, Lantek closes 2020 with record sales figures and customer numbers
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebix, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Emmy Nominated Television Producer, Erika Bryant To Release New Book Titled Doing It Scared
- The 2021 Encore Gospel Celebration of Unity Virtual Concert a must see star-studded event
- New Phase 3 Clinical Study Finds Nutritional Protocol Including Nicotinamide Riboside Accelerates Recovery in Mild-to-Moderate COVID-19 Patients
- The Koedo Kawagoe Spring Festival Celebrates the Arrival of Springtime in Kawagoe, Japan
- Dropbox, Inc. Announces Upsize and Pricing of $1.306 Billion Convertible Senior Notes Offering
- Santa Monica Democratic Club Votes Unanimously to Approve Resolution for Columbia Sussex to Cease Future Operations in City, as Labor Dispute with UNITE HERE Local 11 Enters Fifth Year