- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- The Business Consultant behind The First Black-owned BP
- San Jose: Mayor Liccardo Statement on Release of Governor Newsom's Budget
In his newly created role, Lee will harness efforts supporting and retraining workers impacted by the pandemic and focus on growing SkillUp's work to maximize its impact.
Lee brings more than 20 years experience in non-profits, management consulting and technology. Most recently, he served as Managing Director at Robin Hood, New York's largest poverty-fighting organization, leading efforts for the organization on micro-lending, legal counsel, and workforce development among other areas. He joins a team that includes more than 50 coalition partners including Strada Education Network, [email protected], JFF, and Guild Education.
"America's workers continue to need support amidst an ongoing economic and public health crisis -- and navigating the path to recovery , will require innovation, discipline and focus," Lee said. "We're living through a period of high uncertainty and generational change. SkillUp is working to reshape the American workforce in a way that benefits those most impacted by the pandemic. I'm grateful for the opportunity to lead these efforts, work with an incredible coalition of partners, and build on the work SkillUp launched in 2020."
More on The Californer
- La Maquinaria Norteña releases 'Deluxe' edition of "En Las Buenas y En Las Malas"
- INVESTIGATION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Lyra Therapeutics, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX)
- West Coast Recording Artist, Composer and Actor, Blue Ragg$ Releases New Music & Theatrical Video
- Swaggerty's Receives Highest Possible Grade from BRC Food Safety Auditors for 8th Consecutive Year
Added SkillUp's Executive Chairman, Josh Jarrett: "We built SkillUp to collectively rise to this moment and push forward the kind of upskilling and training needed to support our country's workforce. We are in grave risk of a 'K-shaped recovery' where low-wage workers who bore the brunt of COVID's economic impact are now being left out of an equitable recovery. Adding someone with Steve's deep expertise, and commitment to equity and economic opportunity, helps us capitalize on our momentum, sharpen our approach and reinforce our support of the nation's workforce."
SkillUp launched in July, 2020 with a robust coalition of training, education, technology and employer partners focused on providing sustainable opportunities in high-demand careers to workers affected by the pandemic. This work includes guidance to help workers navigating best fit careers, delivering access to high-quality training providers, and connecting COVID-impacted workers with upskilling-friendly employers to help them embark on careers in in-demand jobs.
Since July, the coalition has worked to help tens of thousands of frontline workers select and prepare for career paths that align with the economy of the future. It is also building regional support for workers in key hubs to be announced shortly.
More on The Californer
- Agile20Reflect Festival event submission deadline extended to 27th of January
- Be an Example, Get the Covid Shot
- Aviation Capital Group Announces Closing of $750 Million of Senior Unsecured Notes
- Community Psychiatry Appoints Christopher Brengard As Chief Executive Officer
- Former CEO & Founder of Five Star Custom Foods, Acquired by Cargill, Joins CEO Coaching International
You can learn more at: skillup.org
About the SkillUp Coalition
SkillUp, a promising new 501(c)(3) nonprofit coalition, is helping the more than 20 million frontline workers impacted by COVID-19 get rehired for in-demand jobs in high-growth industries. The Coalition also enables partners to share best practices, collaborate on shared challenges, and participate in public engagement campaigns that help COVID-affected workers begin a prosperous new stage in their careers. Consisting of leading training and education providers, employers, technology companies, job readiness nonprofits, and philanthropies, SkillUp provides career navigation, training programs, and job opportunities to help frontline workers secure their place in the economy of tomorrow. For more information, please visit www.skillup.org.
SOURCE SkillUp Coalition
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces $25 Million Early Education Economic Recovery Program
- Mayor London Breed Nominates Assessor Carmen Chu as San Francisco City Administrator
- 2U 15.1" Depth Rackmount Computer with 2 x Hot-Swap Hard Drive Trays - RMC5254
- Victorville Community Resource Center Named California HUD EnVision Center
- Green Stream Holdings Prepares for NE Solar Projects with New Production Space
- Texpak Offers Environmentally-Friendly Ecotach™ Fasteners to Address Sustainability Needs
- LA Kings Announce Partnership With the California Department of Health Care Services' CalHOPE Program as Team's First-Ever Official Helmet Partner
- Tuya Smart Becomes Google Authorized Solution Provider
- Los Angeles-Based Social Media Marketing Agency Gains National Traction
- THine names new worldwide Director of Sales for embedded camera and video transmission technologies
- eatOS Details Payment Types Restaurants Can Accept
- Morningstar names Quantified STF Fund top-performing tactical-allocation fund in 2020
- Glen Davis to lead Sunfolding
- First Time Filmmakers Win at Queen Palm International Film Festival in Palm Springs
- sweetgreen Enters The Crispy Chicken Wars With A Fresh Take
- Local Business Owner Dushyant Pathak Named to NSBA Leadership Council
- Congo Rising To Produce Feature Film "Patrice Lumumba" In Africa; Compelling Story Of Martyred And Assassinated Congo Leader Coming To The Screen
- Newest ezW2 Is Available for Businesses to Process The New 1099-NEC Form
- The Arcview Group's Women's Inclusion Network Announces Partnership With WEiC to Optimize Opportunities for Women in Cannabis
- Convex Group Raises $500 Million in Preferred Equity Capital from Sixth Street