- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Emmy Award-Nominated Actor Ed Begley, Jr. To Receive 13th Annual Experience, Strength And Hope Award For His Recently Published Book: "To the Temple of Tranquility...And Step On It!: A Memoir"
Zuñiga, a Glendora resident and emeritus president of Grifols Biologicals LLC, has dedicated his career to supporting education and workforce development at Cal State LA and in the communities it serves. During the ceremony, CSU Board of Trustees Vice Chair Jack B. Clarke Jr. praised Zuñiga for his dedication to the health and professional development of his community and for his collaborative efforts for the betterment of students in the Los Angeles area.
Zuñiga grew up nearby Cal State LA in El Sereno and lived with his family in a one-bedroom house. He attended Wilson High School before starting his career in 1979 as an entry-level manufacturing technician at Alpha Therapeutic Corporation across from the university. He attended night classes at Cal State LA and received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the College of Business and Economics in 1986.
More on The Californer
- New Hybrid Treatment Forces Cancer Cells to Starve
- LPSN INVESTOR NOTICE: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces that LivePerson, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action Lawsuit
- Biggest Christmas Book Giveaway By One Author Ever
- Tonight:"Season of Black Art" & San Francisco Black Film Festival Celebrate Black Film &Theatre
- Blueprint Medicines' Leadership in Driving Continued Innovation in Systemic Mastocytosis Highlighted at 2023 ASH Annual Meeting
Throughout his more than four-decade career, Zuñiga has worked with Los Angeles Trade Technical College, Los Angeles Valley College, Los Angeles Mission College, and Citrus College to support their chemical technology, process technology, and biotechnology programs to recruit manufacturing technician candidates and to keep top talent in the region. He has also served on the executive board of the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation and the city of Los Angeles' Workforce Investment Board. In 2018 he received the LA BioStar Award from Cal State LA BioSpace for his contributions to the regional bioscience industry; he was named Cal State LA's Alumnus of the Year in 2022.
Under Zuñiga's leadership Grifols collaborated with Cal State LA to offer its Summer Science Academy at Cal State LA which has trained more than 80 high school students in microbiology, chemistry, and molecular work since 2015.
More on The Californer
- Governor Newsom Highlights Funding for Climate Change Resiliency Projects Across California
- The Major Hope Foundation Brings 'A Major Day of Hope To Los Angeles'
- Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (BRBS) Investor Notice: Robbins LLP Reminds Shareholders of Class Action Filed Against Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
- California Gets $70 Million in Federal Funding to Accelerate Salton Sea Restoration
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.8.23
After accepting his honorary doctorate during Commencement 2023 Zuñiga delivered an uplifting address to graduates of the College of Business and Economics recounting memories growing up nearby Cal State LA as well as advice for them going forward: "I want to thank this university," he said. "It provided me a means to finish my education... Us Golden Eagles are pretty good at this you know." He encouraged them to present their best selves each day; always have backup plans; find ways to pay it forward; help others; enjoy going to work every day; take care of their families; provide others with a better quality of life; be fortunate individuals; have privilege working in amazing industries; make good livings that allow them take care of their families; become first-generation college graduates; become successful examples of upward mobility - all things he had achieved himself throughout his career.
"Congratulations," he said as he concluded his remarks "and thank you for listening."
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Neberon Heated Gloves: Your Best Winter Companion for Christmas
- Joby, ANA Holdings Partner with Nomura Real Estate Development for Vertiports in Japan
- Zero Upfront Fee Website- Thinking About Starting A Business?
- Penny S. Tee, MBA: A Beacon of Peace Amidst Conflict
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.7.23
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- State Marks 100+ Water System Consolidations, Providing Safe Drinking Water for 90,000 Californians
- Chaos Loc Releases New Album "Life After Super Max"
- Joel Osman is Promoted to Partner at Parker Shaffie LLP
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Judicial Appointments 12.7.23
- RH Reports Third Quarter 2023 Results
- Incandescent Entertainment Announces New Film, "Portal in the Pines," starring Jamie Kennedy to Begin Filming This Month in Lousiana
- Tella Firma Foundations Partners with Green Clean Solar to Increase Steel Recycling in the Renewable Energy Industry
- What California Accomplished at COP28
- California Humanitarian Aid Arrives to Help Civilians in Israel and Gaza
- Feature film about President Trump's response to the pandemic and the 2020 election – streaming now
- Kaiser Permanente Donates $10,000 To SEEAG's Ag-Education Programs
- Long Beach Pledge Guaranteed Income Pilot Program to Expand with Second Cohort
- Refurbishing Cryostats with IMEB Inc.'s Laboratory Techs and Its Benefits