- NEE INVESTOR NOTICE: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces that NextEra Energy, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead the NextEra Energy Class Action Lawsuit
- New York Komedians Presents an Evening of Laughs at Broadway
- TalentEarth Studios Partners with Product Signals to Empower Game Development
Governor Newsom stated, "California is taking swift action to combat the climate crisis and protect Californians from extreme heat and other climate-driven extremes. These resilience centers are yet another tool we're using to save lives and adapt to our new climate reality."
The Community Resilience Centers program is part of a larger $270 million initiative from the state to support planning and construction of neighborhood 'community resilience centers' that provide shelter during extreme weather events. The program is funded through Governor Newsom's $48 billion California Climate Commitment. Once constructed, these centers will distribute resources and provide shelter during climate events as well as support social connectedness and community climate solutions through year-round programming.
More on The Californer
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Funko, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Capehart Pops Orchestra Featured Harmonica Soloist C J Oldis Drops First Four Singles Via Streaming
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy With Guest Director and Producer Michael Mike
- A Spooktacular Twist: A Company Picnic Unveils Five New Themes for a Halloween Picnic!
- The World's First Credit Card Dedicated to Diamond Ownership
In addition, the California Department of Food and Agriculture has announced $89 million in grants for resilience centers at fairgrounds which will help support people and communities during disasters with safe-shelter space, kitchen and sanitation facilities, showers and other improvements.
The SGC website provides more information about the Notice of Funding Availability or how to apply while CDFA's website lists all awardees for this grant program.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- Long Beach Advancing Peace Hosts Leaders of Violence Prevention Symposium
- Harness Recognized With Highest Scores in CI/CD and Platform Capabilities Evaluation Among Top Integrated Software Delivery Platforms
- Rio Tinto U.S. Borax becomes first open pit mine to transition to renewable diesel
- Pokemon Home Error Code 9012: Comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide to Regain Access
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of America's Workforce Solution, LLC, accepted into the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, 'Milestone Circles' Program
- Lagree Fitness and VersaClimber Partner to Revolutionize the Fitness Industry
- CareTrust REIT Acquires Two Memory Care Facilities with Experienced Operator
- Australian Battery Recycling Technology Startup Advances Its Innovative Battery Metals Recovery Process
- California: What They're Saying: Governor Newsom's Proposals to Build More, Faster
- California: Governor Newsom Announces $16 Million to Support Farmworker Homeownership
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against SentinelOne, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Life360 to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conference
- Long Beach: Community Invited to Provide Input on Updated Subdivision Ordinance
- City Seeks Partners to Support Long Beach Collaboratory Smart City Initiative Program
- bisco industries becomes UL-Registered in Processed Wire
- EPA Clean School Bus Funding Grant Application Assistance Now Available from BYD
- Mix Engineer Rob Chiarelli Continues Billboard Gospel Charts Success with "All Things"
- City of Long Beach Announces Departure of Animal Care Services Bureau Manager Staycee Dains as She Accepts Position as General Manager of Los Angeles Animal Services
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims LGBTQ+ Pride Month 2023
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia