- Waste Management Shareholder News: Robbins LLP is Investigating Waste Management, Inc. (WM) on Behalf of Shareholders
- Mars Branded Skittles® and Starburst Cotton Candy to Launch!
- James Postrasija, CEO of Order Food Online on Platform Features/Benefits
CAL FIRE has surpassed goal of treating 100,000 acres by 2025 years ahead of schedule
SACRAMENTO – In preparation for the upcoming wildfire season, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) has completed the transition to peak staffing across California and continues to report progress on key fuels reduction and forest health projects.
Peak staffing ensures all CAL FIRE stations are open and staffed 24 hours per day; response capabilities are enhanced; all aircraft are prepositioned and staffed; and crews are staffed, trained, and working.
According to current estimates, CAL FIRE has achieved 110,925 acres treated in preparation for the upcoming wildfire season, which exceeds its goal of treating 100,000 acres by 2025.
"Although conditions have varied geographically throughout the state, weather conditions, fuel loads, and the number of fire incidents have guided the Department's thorough response and overall preparedness moving into the summer months," said Chief Joe Tyler, CAL FIRE Director/Fire Chief. "Even as we ramp up our preparations for wildfires that are now occurring year-round, we continue to accelerate forest health and fire prevention projects throughout the state, launching more than 603 wildfire resilience projects from last year's budget, ranging from fuel breaks to prescribed burns to fuel reduction."
More on The Californer
- Ganglioside GT1a Antibody High Purity
- Dnase-Free and Rnase-Free Distilled Water
- Long Beach: Happy Fourth of July Weekend
- TVS Television Network Launches First Outlook Original Programming You Tube Channel
- The Atlas Elite Entertainment Music Award online is coming!
"California is taking aggressive action to protect communities and make our forests more resilient," said Governor Gavin Newsom. "There is much work to do, but in addition to our fire suppression efforts, we are laser-focused on scaling up investments and work to tackle this challenge head-on."
Early augmentation funding, approved in partnership with the Legislature last year, has allowed CAL FIRE to:
- Staff 136 engines in the northern region (an increase of 64) and 126 engines in the southern region, an increase of 16 (earlier than in years past);
- 12 exclusive-use aircraft are available statewide today, with four additional by July 1, which is on top of CAL FIRE's existing aerial fleet of more than 62 aircraft;
- 16 additional hand crews are operational now as a result of the budget augmentation for fire prevention and emergency response.
Meanwhile, the data that has been validated so far show that CAL FIRE and its grant recipients have conducted fuels treatment and fire prevention work on more than 110,900 acres in the 2020-2021 fiscal year, which exceeds its 2025 100,000-acre goal ahead of schedule. Additional data continues to be reported to and validated by CAL FIRE.
More on The Californer
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in 17 Education & Technology Group Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Money Today Korea Selects Grinergy as a 2022 R&D Innovation Grand Prize Winner
- Virgin Orbit Successfully Launches 'Straight Up' Mission
- INVESTOR DEADLINE: Inotiv, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action – NOTV
- Milloret LTD To Offer Premium International SEO Services
CAL FIRE is not alone in this endeavor. It is one of 22 state departments implementing California's $1.5 billion wildfire resilience program. As of June 2022, within less than a year, the program has already committed $1.1 billion and has launched more than 833 projects, which includes the CAL FIRE projects and funding. Many of these projects finished within a few months of receiving funding. For more information, refer to the Wildfire Resilience Program.
As CAL FIRE has worked to increase fuels reduction efforts, it has directed significant efforts at increasing defensible space compliance, home hardening and forest health. All of these initiatives are critical components of CAL FIRE's wildfire resilience strategy.
Latest on The Californer
- Signs By Veterans and Savage Shakers Founder Announces Sponsorship for #TEAMUSA Para-Athlete Brian Conwell
- RINGO CELEBRATES HIS BIRTHDAY WITH HIS ANNUAL CAMPAIGN FOR PEACE & LOVE WHICH INCLUDES 26 CELEBRATIONS IN COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD AND THIS YEAR WILL ALSO SEE HIS MESSAGE OF PEACE AND LOVE BEAMED UP TO THE STARS AND ORBIT THE EARTH
- EY Names Tim and Chris Vanderhook of Viant Technology as Entrepreneurs of the Year® 2022 Pacific Southwest Award Winners
- Governor Newsom Takes Action to Further Restrict Ghost Guns and Protect California Kids from Gun Violence
- Fragner Seifert Pace & Mintz, LLP Promotes Alex Flumenbaum to Partner
- INVESTIGATION NOTICE: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Riskified Ltd. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Telegraph Hill Partners Raises $525M Fifth Fund for New Life Science and Healthcare Investments
- EA SPORTS™ F1® 22 Launches Worldwide Today
- Diving Into Informative Television With 'A Hot Set's'- 'Statement'
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Statement on State Budget Includes Investments of Nearly $55 Million in Community Projects
- Governor Newsom Signs Into Law Strongest Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation in the U.S.
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation Cutting Harmful Plastic Pollution to Protect Communities, Oceans and Animals
- TikTok Marketing Strategy-Boost Your Business With TikTok
- Governor Newsom Signs Budget Putting Money Back in Californians' Pockets and Investing in State's Future
- Aimmune Therapeutics to Present New Data for PALFORZIA® [Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Allergen Powder-dnfp] at the EAACI Hybrid Congress 2022
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition Announces Premium Winners at Inaugural Awards Gala
- Best AI Copywriter-The Future Of Copy-writing Is Now
- San Jose: Notice of CEQA Posting: Addendum to the 4300 Stevens Creek Boulevard Mixed-Use Project
- Indie Brand Vow Beauty Enters Walmart
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Abbott Laboratories with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm