- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- Ziggurat Technologies' Zivolve™ is Now Available for Android Users on the Google Play Store, Revolutionizing Mobile Investing Beyond the Apple iOS App
- The Business Consultant behind The First Black-owned BP
"From the first day of my Administration, Angie has been a trusted advisor who comes to her work with the interest of the people of California in her heart," said Governor Newsom. "I can think of no one better to serve in this important role of partnering with the Legislature as we continue to help lead California through this unprecedented time toward a healthier, safer and more inclusive future for all."
Angie Wei, 49, of Sacramento, has served as Special Advisor to the Governor since January, having previously served as Chief Deputy for Policy in the Office of the Governor from 2019 to 2020. Prior to joining the Governor's office, Wei was Chief of Staff at the California Labor Federation from 2011 to 2018, where she held several positions from 2000 to 2011, including Legislative Director and Public Policy Director. She was a Program Associate at PolicyLink in 2000, Policy Analyst at the California Immigrant Welfare Collaborative from 1998 to 1999 and Policy Director at the Northern California Coalition for Immigrant Rights from 1996 to 1998. Wei earned a Master of Public Policy degree from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. This position does not require Senate confirmation and the compensation is $207,000. Wei is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- Grassroots Advocacy Group Urges Biden Administration to Appoint a Doctoral Level Mental Health Professional to Lead SAMHSA
- Harborside Inc. Announces Departure of Chief Operating Officer, Greg Sutton
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Triterras, Inc. f/k/a Netfin Acquisition Corp. (TRIT, TRITW)
- Mayor London Breed Announces Release of Five-Year Financial Plan for the City and County of San Francisco
- San Jose: San José Officials Reappoint Independent Police Auditor
Latest on The Californer
- Ask Sharifah Adds New Podcast "The Winner's Journey Podcast with Host Viviana Puello" To Talk Show Lineup
- Mayor London Breed Names Tongo Eisen-Martin as San Francisco's Poet Laureate
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Mississippi Valley State University
- Dollyhood Records Signs Distribution Deal With Sony!
- La Maquinaria Norteña releases 'Deluxe' edition of "En Las Buenas y En Las Malas"
- INVESTIGATION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Lyra Therapeutics, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX)
- West Coast Recording Artist, Composer and Actor, Blue Ragg$ Releases New Music & Theatrical Video
- Swaggerty's Receives Highest Possible Grade from BRC Food Safety Auditors for 8th Consecutive Year
- Agile20Reflect Festival event submission deadline extended to 27th of January
- Be an Example, Get the Covid Shot
- Aviation Capital Group Announces Closing of $750 Million of Senior Unsecured Notes
- Community Psychiatry Appoints Christopher Brengard As Chief Executive Officer
- Former CEO & Founder of Five Star Custom Foods, Acquired by Cargill, Joins CEO Coaching International
- Thiel College names Terry Eddy to Board of Trustees
- Is the Beach So Last Year?
- Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy Files Lawsuit Against Bank of America for Allegedly Failing to Protect the Accounts of Thousands of Unemployed Californians
- Aruba ClearPass Security Portfolio Receives Coveted Cyber Catalyst℠ Designation
- Asia-Pacific Contact Center Applications Market to See Buoyant Growth, Thanks to Analytics
- Consolidated Contracting Forms "Consolidated Building Health" Division to Effectively Control the Spread of Diseases in Senior Living Communities