- Unveiling Puptqe: First-Ever Dog Bar Opening in Temecula Promenade This November
- Leonardo Defense Systems receives new investment and expands Team
- Supply Chain Industry Leaders: Embrace AI or Get Left Behind
At the signing ceremony, Governor Newsom said, "In the face of a rising tide of anti-LGBTQ+ hate, this measure helps California's message of acceptance, equality and hope reach the places where it is most needed. I thank Pro Tem Atkins for authoring this important measure that enables California to continue taking a stand for the rights of LGBTQ+ people throughout the country and combating intolerance and hate with empathy and allyship."
More on The Californer
- USA Green Card Celebrates the State Department's Historic Inclusion of the UK in the DV-2025 Green Card Lottery
- Oxnard College's Camarillo-Based Fire Academy Opens New Facility
- You're invited to Monogram International's booth (#265) at New York Toy Fair
- RBB Bancorp Announces Termination of Agreement to Acquire Gateway Bank, F.S.B.
- Yo Egg to Unveil Exclusive Plant-Based Quail-Sized Egg at the Vkind Experience
Senate President pro Tempore Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego) added, "Today, we are sending a message to the rest of the nation – here in California, we embrace one another, not in spite of our differences, but because of them. And we are ready to reach across the aisle, and across state lines, to help open hearts and minds, and support our LGBTQ+ youth and communities who are feeling so alone. The BRIDGE Project is a chance to counter that with kindness and empathy."
In addition to SB 447, Governor Newsom also signed several other bills into law including SB 104 by Senator Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Budget Acts of 2022 and 2023; SB 135 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Public safety; SB 137 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Health omnibus trailer bill; SB 138 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Human services; SB 140 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Early childcare and education; SB 141 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Education finance: education omnibus budget trailer bill; SB 142 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Higher education trailer bill; SB 143 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – State government; SB 148 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – State employment: State Bargaining Units: agreements: compensation and benefits; as well as SB 152 by the Committee on Budget & Fiscal Review - Background checks & fingerprinting: state employment licensing & contracting.
More on The Californer
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of GigaCloud Technology Inc. (GCT) on Behalf of Investors
- California Increases Minimum Wage, Protections for Fast-Food Workers
- Do Grandparents Make Good Parents?
- RNA and DNA Endonuclease from Serratia marcescens
- Cardless Unveils Enhanced Simon Card with 5% Cash Back at Every Store At Simon Centers
The signing ceremony was attended by Assemblymember Zbur, Pro Tem Atkins, Senator Eggman & Assemblymember Ward for SB 447 signing (left to right). For full text of all bills signed into law today visit http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov
Governor Newsom's signing of these bills marks an important step forward in promoting acceptance & inclusion for LGBTQ+ communities across California & beyond its borders. It sends a strong message that discrimination against any group will not be tolerated in this state or anywhere else in America.
Latest on The Californer
- Aldelo Announces Updated Onboarding Process for Direct Integration with DoorDash Platform
- California Expands Access and Protections for Reproductive Health Care
- Phe - Pro - Arg - Chloromethylketone
- United Security Bancshares Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Green Office Partner Ranks on the Inc. 5000 Annual List of the Fastest Growing Companies in America
- Office Calgary Inc, announces office expansion plans
- Halloween Reminders for Parents
- BYD Motors, Cox Automotive Announce Groundbreaking Service Partnership in U.S. Market
- PCV Murcor Employees and PCV|VRM Seeds of Hope Donates to Maui Strong Fund
- Cruise, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute present groundbreaking study establishing a human driving safety benchmark
- Rubio's Coastal Grill Launches New & Improved Mobile App
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Gala--November 4 At The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library
- PFW Recap: CHOCHENG Spring/Summer 2024 Les Parapluies De CHOCHENG
- The New Trace One Ushers in a New Era for CPG and Retail Product Innovation
- Design and development of a minimalistic fashion photography website
- Why PerfectionGeeks is the Best Dapp Development Company
- Adjust's New Growth Score Metric Reveals Worldwide User Acquisition Opportunities For Mobile App Marketers And Developers USA - English USA - English
- Zumigo Announces Record Business Growth as Industry Demand for its Mobile Identity Authentication Products Surges
- Jade Ann Byrne Unleashes Country Magic Raincheck my Cock-A-Doodle-Do
- Cloudflare and Meta Collaborate to Make Llama 2 Available Globally