- World Sleep Day, why do we celebrate?
- Fridge Art Fair New York City May 2023
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Historic Transformation of San Quentin State Prison
Jim Cooper has served as Sacramento County Sheriff since 2022 and was a California State Assemblymember from 2014 to 2022. He was also Mayor and a member of the City Council for the City of Elk Grove from 2000 to 2014. Prior to that, he was a Captain at the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department from 1984 to 2014. This position requires Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. Cooper is a Democrat.
Barry Donelan has been a Sergeant for the Oakland Police Department since 2006 and was an Officer there from 2000 to 2006. This position requires Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. Donelan is a Democrat.
More on The Californer
- San Jose: : San José's Chief Building Official Chu Chang Honored as California Building Official of the Year
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP, a Leading Securities Fraud Law Firm, Announces Investigation of Array Technologies, Inc. (ARRY) on Behalf of Investors
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Apé Canada For Supply Of Piaggio Apé's
- California Woman Battling Alopecia Launches Online Wig, Hair Accessories Store
- Orange County Business Journal Ranks Snell & Wilmer in the Top 10 Largest Law Firms in Orange County
Geoffrey Long has been designated Chair of the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training, where he has served since 2016. He was Policy Director in the Office of the State Senate President pro Tempore from 2014 to 2016, Chief Consultant in the State Assembly Appropriations Committee from 1996 to 2014, and held several positions with the State Assembly Ways and Means Committee and Budget Committee from 1984 to 1995 including Chief Consultant, Staff Director, and Principal Consultant. He earned a Master of Theology degree from St. John's University. This position requires Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. Long is a Democrat.
James O'Rourke has served as a Sergeant at the California Highway Patrol since 2007 after being an Officer there from 2000 to 2007. This position requires Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. O'Rourke is a Republican.
Eric Schmidt has served as Deputy Sheriff at Fresno County Sheriff's Office since 1997 while also being an Adjunct Professor at Fresno City College since 2002. This position requires Senate confirmation and there is no compensation; Schmidt is registered without party preference
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- Sortium Joins UC Berkeley's Blockchain Xcelerator Program
- Taylor Marsh Leads the Way in Spiritual Mentoring in California
- California Storm Response and Recovery Update
- Children's Book Author and Artist Karen Winnick Was Featured Reader for Mutt-i-grees® Curriculum in March
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Cannabis Equity Business Academy Applications Now Being Accepted
- 100 YEARS OF CUNARD CAPTURED IN TIME
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION NOTICE: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Tupperware Brands Corporation with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Eddie Turner is Recognized as the #9 Motivational Speaker in the World By Global Gurus!
- SoCalGas Exceeds State Goal for 30th Consecutive Year, Purchasing Nearly 43% of all Goods and Services from Diverse Businesses Last Year
- Fabric Launches Origin Data Service for Content Owners
- Rokid Unveils Rokid Max AR Glasses With Premium MAX-Theater Experience
- Dan Devon announces pre-save for new alternative single "moonlit"
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 3.21.23
- Shareholder Alert: Robbins LLP Informs Investors of Class Action Against United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI)
- What's for dinner? We'll help you decide
- Critical Runway Lighting Upgrades Key to Electrical Improvements Planned at Long Beach Airport
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA National Day of Prayer Breakfast Seeks Sponsors
- RE/MAX Signature Earns Top Regional Award
- Prime Healthcare Celebrates Patient Safety Excellence Recognition from Healthgrades
- Long Beach to Offer Free Youth Recreation Program in Local Parks During School Spring Break April 10-14