- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Multi-Platinum Songwriter Harold Payne Releases New Inspirational Anthem
"When criminals run out of stores with stolen goods, they need to be arrested and escorted directly into jail cells," said Newsom. "Leveraging hundreds of millions of dollars in law enforcement investments, the California Highway Patrol — working with allied agencies — is increasing enforcement efforts and conducting and supporting covert and confidential takedowns to stop these criminals in their tracks during the holiday season, and year-round."
CHP Commissioner Sean Duryee added, "The men and women of the California Highway Patrol are working around the clock to keep shoppers, merchants, and retail districts safe this holiday season — and year-round. Much of our task force's success can be attributed to the strong working relationships we have with our law enforcement partners throughout the state and the rapport we have cultivated with the retail industry. Working together with our partners, and utilizing the CHP's extensive statewide resources, we are cracking down and stopping unacceptable criminal activity."
More on The Californer
- TERRASHADE® Receives Patent Approval for Innovative Portable Shade Structure
- California: Governor Newsom Honors Three Law Enforcement Officers With Medal of Valor
- Veracyte's Decipher Prostate Test Receives Highest Evidence-Level Rating Among Molecular Tests in Updated Prostate Cancer NCCN Guidelines
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
- Viking Therapeutics Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
The additional law enforcement presence across California is an effort to keep shoppers and merchants safe while catching retail criminals in the act. To help reduce the amount of retail crime that occurs during this time of year, regional teams from Southern California, Bay Area, San Joaquin Valley, Sacramento will be collaborating with retailers, loss prevention personnel, local law enforcement agencies as well as conducting proactive operations with allied agencies throughout California.
Since 2019 when ORCTF was established by CHP investigators have been involved in nearly 2200 investigations leading to arrests of more than 1500 suspects as well as recovery of 420 000 items worth $33 million. In addition to this Governor Newsom announced earlier this year that $267 million was awarded to 55 cities/counties for increased arrests/prosecutions for organized retail crime.
Public safety funding in California has reached an all-time high due to investments made by Governor Newsom's Real Public Safety Plan which focuses on strengthening local law enforcement response as well as getting guns/drugs off streets. The 2023-24 budget includes more than $800 million for multiple programs aimed at improving public safety/cracking down on retail crime.
A virtual media briefing highlighting CHP's increased holiday enforcement efforts along with those from Los Angeles/San Francisco can be viewed online.
Latest on The Californer
- Jason Markk attains B Corp Certification
- Marysville Chinese Community Hosts 144th Bok Kai Weekend Celebration in Marysville, CA March 8-10
- Pulliam For President Campaign Files Lawsuit Against California Secretary Of State
- HighStream Fiber Continues to Grow and Satisfy Customers with netElastic CGNAT
- With a 2-Year Revenue Growth of 1535%, Ironside HR is No. 8 on Inc. Regionals 2024 Southwest List
- Location3 Honored with 2024 Inc. Regionals Award
- Safecamp Audio Launches Innerviews, New Foster Care Podcast
- Veryon brings AI-powered solutions to PBEXPO in Miami
- New horizons for Virtual Pets Fans
- EARN ALLIANCE INTRODUCES FIRST-IN-MARKET WEB3 GAMING DISCOVERY PLATFORM THAT REWARDS GAMERS, AND PROVIDES "ENGAGEMENT AS A SERVICE" SOLUTION FOR DEVELOPERS
- Exciting News: "Long Live the Baron" Soars into Top 200 on Amazon Bookstore
- Evolus to Participate in Upcoming Leerink Partners and Barclays Investor Conferences
- Discover the Jowl Lift: a non-invasive facial procedure created by Dr. Paulo Martin
- Socket Mobile Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Results Release Date and Conference Call
- New Book Challenges AI Implementations
- MashUp presents 8th Annual International Women's Day Dance Festival
- Rocky Michaels releases his latest official music video, 'Seasons'
- City Encourages Long Beach Residents Enrolled in the U.S. Affordable Connectivity Program to Review Internet Bill as Program Funding Nears Completion
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow