- EQUITY UNION COMMERCIAL REPRESENTS BUYER ON $48.93MM OFFICE COMPLEX PURCHASE
- California ZEV Sales Near 19% of All New Car Sales in 2022
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 1.20.23
SACRAMENTO – California is investing in cutting-edge industries to bolster the economy and create thousands of new high-paying jobs, estimated to bring in more than $1.9 billion in new private investment over the next five years. Companies receiving funding will build electric motorcycles, increase domestic production of the next generation of semiconductors and microchips, further commercialize environmentally friendly and safe electricity, and more.
Governor Gavin Newsom today announced the Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) awarded $123 million in CalCompetes grants and tax credits to create over 6,800 full-time jobs with an average salary of $113,013.
"California is dominating new industries and investing in the future of the world's most innovative companies," said Governor Newsom. "We're on track to become the world's 4th largest economy because of the work we're putting in to support cutting-edge businesses – creating thousands of high-paying jobs across the state, fostering innovation, and generating new opportunities for thousands of Californians."
More on The Californer
- DPFTRAC'S Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Cleaning Standards, Procedures, Compliance, EPA 's PM 2.5
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference and Call For Speakers
- JARRARD INC. ADDS RENOWNED HEALTHCARE COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE TO ROSTER
- Ventura College Foundation Provides $776,264 Direct Student Support During 2021-2022 Academic Year
- California: State Water Project to Increase Expected 2023 Deliveries
"California Competes continues to be a key program that attracts and retains employers, who in turn create good-paying jobs and economic opportunity for workers across our state," said Dee Dee Myers, Senior Advisor to Governor Newsom and Director of GO-Biz. "We're excited to build on the success of this program over the past nine years, investing in companies that are creating the jobs of today and tomorrow."
🏍️ ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLES
RYVID, Inc. received a $20 million grant to establish its headquarters in Hawaiian Gardens, a manufacturing facility in San Bernadino for electric motorcycles, and a lithium battery manufacturing facility in El Cajon. Collectively, RYVID intends to create more than 900 new, full-time jobs.
"The RYVID team is very grateful to Governor Newsom and the California Competes Program for this grant. We welcome the opportunity to serve our California community, the nation, and the entire globe through sustainable electric vehicle production," said Dong Tran, CEO of RYVID. "The founders of RYVID are immigrants and children of immigrants who came to California for a better life, and we are committed to providing high-paying manufacturing jobs to our home state for years to come in one of the fastest growing sectors of electric mobility."
"These are exactly the types of investments and jobs that were envisioned by the CalCompetes program," said Scott Dosick, CalCompetes Deputy Director. "This grant will enable RYVID to not only establish business operations in California, but also cement its presence here for the long-term future. Once again, California will be the home for innovation and investment that will increase employment, create living-wage jobs and contribute towards the state's world-leading climate goals."
More on The Californer
- RealDefense Acquires SUPERAntiSpyware From Support.com
- Creators Society Animation Podcast Launches Season 3 With An Interview With Kristine Belson, President Of Sony Pictures Animation
- The King of Urban Content Introduces EVERYWHERE Theater
- The Mogharebi Group Brokers $7.25 Million Sale of Costa Mesa, CA Multifamily Community
- San Jose: : San José Celebrates Over $62 Million in Grants for Transportation Safety
💻 SEMICONDUCTORS AND MICROCHIPS
Three California businesses will be expanding their efforts to research, develop, and manufacture equipment with the goal of dramatically increasing domestic production of the next generation of semiconductors and microchips. Collectively, ASML, FormFactor, and Lam Research Corporation plan to create over 1,700, high-tech jobs and make more than $1 billion of capital investments throughout California.
⚡ ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY AND SAFE ELECTRICITY
Additional awardees include Orange County-based TAE Technologies, which is receiving a $17.4 million grant to further commercialize environmentally friendly and safe electricity using cutting-edge, fusion technology.
Click Here for the Complete List of Approved Companies and Award Amounts
The California Competes Tax Credit was created in 2013 to help businesses grow and stay in California. GO-Biz evaluates applications based on the factors required by statute, including total jobs created, total investment, average wage and benefits, economic impact, strategic importance and more. In 2022, the program was extended for an additional five years with at least $180 million in tax credits available for allocation to businesses each year through 2028. The California Competes Grant Program was created to allocate $120 million for the 2022-23 fiscal year.
Latest on The Californer
- What Doesn't Kill You: One Cop's Perspective On Homelesseness, Mental Illness, And Addiction
- Capehart Pops Orchestra Establishes Spotify 'Top Ten' Worldwide Streaming Releases
- Yours Humanly Awarded "Outstanding Organization" at Global Education 2.0 Conference
- Rila Adds Video Feature for App Users
- Provender Partners and StepStone RE Complete $158 Million ReCap of Cold Storage Portfolio
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP, a Leading Securities Fraud Law Firm, Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Bioventus Inc. (BVS) Investors
- Maddy (Starlite) Hunter She's Back with Her Sophomore Release Project
- Justine Kelly Joins Jenny Craig as Executive Chef and Vice President of Culinary Strategy
- Powerstone Property Management Reports Record Growth for the 11th Consecutive Year
- B & L Glass Proudly Offers Fleetwood Windows and Doors Products
- Yida Gao, Shima Capital Recognized for Prolific Deal Activity
- United States Investing Championship 2022 Final Standings
- ABRAND JEANS IS LAUNCHING ITS FIRST-EVER 'NEXT ICONS MODEL SEARCH' GLOBALLY TO FIND THE NEWEST FACE OF THE BRAND
- Oklo Prepares for the Deployment of its Commercial-Scale Fuel Recycling Facility with the Submission of its Licensing Project Plan
- John Roemer Appointed as President/CEO of Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union
- Form 8.3 - Horizon Therapeutics Plc
- Ihab Daniel -CEO of Judah Steel corporation
- Southern California Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Can Massage Therapy Be an Effective Treatment for Long Haul COVID?
- NEO INVESTOR ALERT: First and Only NeoGenomics Class Action Filed by Gibbs Law Group