- World Sleep Day, why do we celebrate?
- Fridge Art Fair New York City May 2023
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Historic Transformation of San Quentin State Prison
"Today is a solemn reminder that the constitutional rights we have known for decades are at risk like never before. But let me be clear: California will continue to protect reproductive care and expand access," said Governor Gavin Newsom.
"California will continue to lead the way as the reproductive freedom state we are, and we will continue to find new and innovative ways to partner with like-minded states to protect providers, patients, and supporters of reproductive freedom in this post-Roe world."
"On the 50th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we renew California's commitment to safeguarding and expanding reproductive freedom," said First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom. "The Governor and I are immensely grateful to the people of California, the Legislature, advocates, and health care providers for their partnership, courageous leadership, and extraordinary resolve as our state continues to serve as a safe haven for anyone who seeks contraception and abortion care. As a California community, we will not allow antiquated patriarchal systems and misogynistic ideologies to permeate our culture and attempt to control our bodies and autonomy. We won't go back."
More on The Californer
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP, a Leading Securities Fraud Law Firm, Announces Investigation of Array Technologies, Inc. (ARRY) on Behalf of Investors
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Apé Canada For Supply Of Piaggio Apé's
- California Woman Battling Alopecia Launches Online Wig, Hair Accessories Store
- Orange County Business Journal Ranks Snell & Wilmer in the Top 10 Largest Law Firms in Orange County
- Medicare Advantage Agent Commissions Increase For 2023
On Monday, First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom will participate in a Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California event at the State Capitol in Sacramento.
Below are some recent actions taken by Governor Gavin Newsom and his administration to firewall reproductive rights and expand access in California over the last 12 months (full list here):
- Signed a historic package of legislation to protect and expand access to sexual and reproductive health care, including abortion care.
- Governor Newsom's 2022-2023 budget included $200+ million investment in sexual and reproductive health care access, infrastructure, security and more with more than $75 million already available to organizations on the ground.
- The Legislature, with the Governor's support, introduced a constitutional amendment, to explicitly protect the right to abortion and contraception – that, thanks to resounding support from the voters, went into effect last month.
- Launched Abortion.CA.GOV to provide people inside and outside of California with information about their legal rights, where to find providers, financial assistance, and more.
- Signed an Executive Order preventing medical records, patient data and other information from being shared by state agencies in response to inquiries or investigations brought by other states or individuals within those states looking to restrict abortion access, and declining to extradite any person in California sought by another state for lawful abortion services provided in California.
- Launched a multi-state commitment with the Governors of Washington and Oregon to defend access to reproductive health care and protect patients and providers.
More on The Californer
- UCLA/Luskin Orthopaedic Institute for Children to Host Professional Conference and Family Forum for National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day on March 25, 2023
- Back in Action Wraps Production Despite Alleged On-Set Drama Involving Jamie Foxx
- City of Long Beach Recognizes Tsunami Awareness Week March 27 through 31
- Long Beach Airport Director Cynthia Guidry Honored by Conference of Minority Transportation Officials
- Sortium Joins UC Berkeley's Blockchain Xcelerator Program
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA National Day of Prayer Breakfast Seeks Sponsors
- RE/MAX Signature Earns Top Regional Award
- Prime Healthcare Celebrates Patient Safety Excellence Recognition from Healthgrades
- Long Beach to Offer Free Youth Recreation Program in Local Parks During School Spring Break April 10-14
- Sobreo Launches California Cocktails Campaign to Elevate Los Angeles Bar Menus with Health-Conscious & Inclusive Drinking Options
- The Mogharebi Group Opens Offices in Las Vegas and Albuquerque
- David Goran answers when to self insure
- Long Beach: Community Invited to Learn About and Provide Input on Local Priorities for Federal Grant Funding
- Introducing Beauty Meditation - A Mobile App for Skin Treatment and Anti-Aging through Stress Relief
- Wohler releases out-of-band configuration tools for Riedel 2110 SFP's
- Wrap up Women's History Month with the tropical sounds of Jessica Medina's "Morir Soñando"
- Keysight Introduces Battery Emulation and Profiling Solution for IoT Devices
- Transtector Releases Outdoor, 10 GbE, PoE++ Data Surge Protector
- Levinger Regens Announces New Initiative to Improve Hydrogen Carbon Intensity
- Eve Wellness, a SF Breast Ultrasound Screening Clinic supports the recent FDA updates to the guidelines to inform women about breast density
- Expert tip: Private Jet Engine Maintenance Program - Pros and Cons for Preowned Jet Buyers
- Gaming and entertainment company Spinrack Corporation, appoints Jesse Norton as Chief Marketing Officer
- IGT Unveils New Class II Games and Next-Generation Innovations at 2023 Indian Gaming Tradeshow & Convention
- Vivani Medical Announces Public Filing of Registration Statement for the Proposed Initial Public Offering of Cortigent, Inc., a Subsidiary Advancing the Business of its Neuromodulation Division
- VMware Unlocks Limitless Possibilities for Partners to Capture the Multi-Cloud Opportunity