- Leonardo Defense Systems receives new investment and expands Team
- Unveiling Puptqe: First-Ever Dog Bar Opening in Temecula Promenade This November
- Latest 8x8 Research Reveals IT and Contact Center Leaders Embrace Conversational AI or Fear Falling Behind
Modica praised Dains for her work, saying "Staycee has been a phenomenal advocate for our animals here in Long Beach and for our community and partners. Her knowledge, creativity and passion have been a huge asset for the City. Although she will be missed, she has set us up for success well into the future."
Under Dains' leadership, LBACS reached its highest adoption rate ever in 2022, placing 1,968 pets into homes and increasing placement of animals by 194% since 2018. The live release rate was also raised to 89% (from 70%) and reached a high of 97% in a single year. Additionally, she reorganized the shelter to ensure fulltime staffing for animal care, adoptions and animal control to improve employee retention and overall bureau efficiency while revitalizing community engagement through off site adoption events and other educational events.
More on The Californer
- AHF Honors and Remembers Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Save the Date! Long Beach to Host Festive Street Parade in Celebration of Día de Los Muertos
- TVS Flashback Network Adds Love American Style, Operation Petticoat, and Murphy Brown to Fall Sked
- IEI Releases AFL4-EHL Series Panel PC to Provide Versatile, Cost-effective Solutions
- AETH and BTOP, Two First-of-their-Kind Ethereum Futures ETFs From Bitwise, Intend to Launch October 2
Dains expressed her gratitude for her time with the City of Long Beach saying "It has been an honor and a privilege to serve the City of Long Beach as our Animal Care Services Bureau Manager. Our shared vision of 'a responsible, compassionate, and informed community working together for the health and welfare of its animals' grows nearer every day."
Melanie Wagner, PhD., Superintendent of Animal Care Services will serve as Interim Bureau Manager while the City looks to permanently fill the position. Modica expressed his confidence in Wagner's ability to continue on with Dain's successes saying "With over 20 years of experience caring for the welfare of animals, Melanie will do an excellent job continuing on the success that Animal Care Services has made possible over the last few years."
Ms. Dain's last day with the City of Long Beach will be June 30th 2021.
Latest on The Californer
- AMAZON TEAMSTERS PICKET TWO L.A. WAREHOUSES OVER UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES
- California: Governor Newsom on the Passing of U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Mission Cloud Named to 2023 Best Workplaces in Technology List
- Bitwise Files Form 8-As for Two New Ethereum Futures ETFs, AETH and BTOP; Funds Intend To Begin Trading on Monday, October 2
- Step Up Announces Return of Inspiration Awards
- Global Luxury Value Exchange, Idoneus, Transitions to 100% IDON Transactions
- Swiss-Based Enclustra Announces US Operations in San Diego to Realize the Full Potential of Embedded Chip Technologies
- Faraday Future Announces its Outline for October FF 91 2.0 Deliveries as Part of its Ongoing 'Delivery Co-Creation Day' Plan and Provides Business Update
- Long Beach Showcases Key Growth Opportunities in City's Emerging Business Sectors at Inaugural Grow Long Beach Presentation
- Atrium 916 to Launch Zero Waste Mobile Art Cafe- with Sunset Paint & Sip on the River
- 'The Music Box' by Joanna Thorn
- USA Green Card Celebrates the State Department's Historic Inclusion of the UK in the DV-2025 Green Card Lottery
- Oxnard College's Camarillo-Based Fire Academy Opens New Facility
- You're invited to Monogram International's booth (#265) at New York Toy Fair
- RBB Bancorp Announces Termination of Agreement to Acquire Gateway Bank, F.S.B.
- Yo Egg to Unveil Exclusive Plant-Based Quail-Sized Egg at the Vkind Experience
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of GigaCloud Technology Inc. (GCT) on Behalf of Investors
- California Increases Minimum Wage, Protections for Fast-Food Workers
- Do Grandparents Make Good Parents?
- RNA and DNA Endonuclease from Serratia marcescens