- NEE INVESTOR NOTICE: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces that NextEra Energy, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead the NextEra Energy Class Action Lawsuit
- TalentEarth Studios Partners with Product Signals to Empower Game Development
- New York Komedians Presents an Evening of Laughs at Broadway
The Department of Health and Human Services (Health Department) has conducted research on the potential for Safe Passage programming at local area school sites as part of its violence prevention initiative, Long Beach Advancing Peace, and has determined that schools located in North, West and Central Long Beach would benefit most from this additional safety resource. The selected partners will enable the expansion of the Safe Passage Program, currently operating at Washington Middle School in partnership with Habitat for Humanity, to promote safety, increase community social connectedness and encourage student attendance.
The Long Beach Safe Passage Public Health Model has four key components: securing community partners to coordinate program site partnership; identifying, training and recognizing program volunteers and community interventionists (peacekeepers); linking students with after-school activities to ensure their well-being; and identifying, collecting and analyzing program data to determine program effectiveness. The model's outcomes are to increase safe passage to and from school for students; reduce the involvement of at-risk youth in gangs; increase perceptions of safety for youth and community members; and develop a violence and pedestrian injury prevention model through an intradepartmental City and community collaboration.
More on The Californer
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Funko, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Capehart Pops Orchestra Featured Harmonica Soloist C J Oldis Drops First Four Singles Via Streaming
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy With Guest Director and Producer Michael Mike
- A Spooktacular Twist: A Company Picnic Unveils Five New Themes for a Halloween Picnic!
- The World's First Credit Card Dedicated to Diamond Ownership
To support this effort, the City has launched The Safe Passage Program Request for Proposals (RFP). Eligible organizations need to be a non-governmental organization or certified non-profit organization in business for a minimum of three years. The organization must have at least three years of experience within the last 10 years implementing street outreach and safe passage programs in the selected communities and parks as stated in the RFP. Organizations can submit proposals through the City's vendor portal, Long Beach Buys, by 11 a.m. on June 21st 2023. An instructional video about the registration process is also available on the Long Beach Buys website.
This program is made possible by the Long Beach Recovery Act which funds economic initiatives for those impacted by COVID-19 pandemic. More information about this act can be found on longbeach.gov/recovery. For media inquiries contact Jennifer Rice Epstein from Public Affairs Officer at 562 441 3590 or Jennifer.RiceEpstein@longbeach.gov
The City of Long Beach is taking steps towards increasing safety among its youth population by expanding its existing Safe Passage Program into North, West, Central Long Beach areas with help from three qualified organizations that will be chosen through a Request For Proposal (RFP). This initiative is part of their violence prevention initiative called 'Long Beach Advancing Peace' which aims to reduce gang involvement among at-risk youth while increasing perceptions of safety among both youths as well as community members alike.
More on The Californer
- Couchbase Announces New Employee Inducement Grants
- Long Beach Public Library's Digital Library Offers 21st Century Skill-Building and Access to a Wide Variety of Free Business Resources
- NextEra Energy Investors: July 25, 2023 Filing Deadline in Securities Class Action – Contact Lieff Cabraser
- Here Be Dragons at Pirates Dinner Adventure
- Discover "Loaded Angel": A Gripping Novel of Love, Crime, and Murder
The four key components that make up this public health model are securing community partners; identifying volunteers; linking students with after-school activities; collecting data related to program effectiveness while also aiming towards increasing safe passage between schools as well as developing a violence prevention model through collaboration between city departments as well as communities involved in this project.
Organizations eligible for this RFP must have been operational for at least three years while also having experience within last ten years related to street outreach programs within these communities or parks mentioned in RFP documentations which can be found on longbeachbuys website along with an instructional video regarding registration process related to it too . This project is made possible due to funding provided by 'Long beach Recovery Act' which provides economic aid towards those affected by COVID 19 pandemic . For media inquiries contact Jennifer Rice Epstein from Public Affairs Officer at 562 441 3590 or Jennifer RiceEpstein@longbeachgov .
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on The Californer
- EPA Clean School Bus Funding Grant Application Assistance Now Available from BYD
- Mix Engineer Rob Chiarelli Continues Billboard Gospel Charts Success with "All Things"
- City of Long Beach Announces Departure of Animal Care Services Bureau Manager Staycee Dains as She Accepts Position as General Manager of Los Angeles Animal Services
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims LGBTQ+ Pride Month 2023
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia
- Pettit Kohn Welcomes Esteemed Attorney John E. Drazkowski to the Arizona Team
- Forge Global CFO to Present at the Upcoming 43rd Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- Leading Business Events Management Company, PRA Acquires Weil & Associates
- TVS Television Network In Production for 'Music Movie' No Mas With Principal Shooting in New Mexico
- "Sensory VoiceHub 2.0: Rapid Custom Voice UI Dev & Prototyping with Generative AI"
- California: Illegal Book Bans: Governor Newsom, Attorney General Bonta, and State Superintendent Thurmond Warn Against Book Bans Statewide
- INshed Now Offers Nationwide Shipping of Fully-Assembled, Eco-Friendly Backyard Offices
- Canada's Wildfires Are A Sign Of The Times; Dealing With Their Aftermath
- MB2 Entertainment to offer summer-long Backyard BBQ specials
- Water.Bodies.Land brings leading Bay Area artists together in celebration of the black female body – Live At Somarts – July 14 & 15
- Entrinsik Appoints Madhavi W. Chandra as Chief Product Officer
- Golden Ticket Productions Launches New Website
- "On the Los Angeles Road" with Earl Ofari Hutchinson Presents Fascinating Exploration of Los Angeles
- Perfect Ffit: the new mobile game that puts your timing and strategy skills to the test. Can you get a Perfect Fit?
- BRIAN MAY + FRIENDS: "STAR FLEET PROJECT" Special 40th Anniversary Edition