- The New World of Social Networking: How Emojizing is Redefining Online Branding
- Amelia Earhart's Plane Possibly Found in Nikumaroro Lagoon
- Loop Neighborhood Welcomes New CFO, Jonathan Louie
Launching during Mental Health Awareness month, the campaign's goal is to familiarize residents of South Los Angeles with signs of trauma and destigmatize discussions about self-care, emotional well-being and counseling. Additionally, the campaign will help connect individuals and families to resources and supportive services within the coalition of trusted partners.
The campaign was created with community input from stakeholders, focus groups and CII's Community Wellness Advisory Committee (CWAC), made up of community residents and providers who volunteer their time to support the well-being of the community through outreach and wellness initiatives.
"The past year has been incredibly stressful -- the pandemic, job losses, isolation and social unrest have all contributed to an unprecedented need for emotional support," said Ginger Lavender-Wilkerson, LMFT, Clinical Program Manager at Children's Institute. "There are long-term consequences when traumatic experiences go unaddressed, and we want to ensure that our community is connected to resources that support healthy and hopeful futures."
Designed as a question, You Good? seeks to engage with the audience and start a conversation, while the tagline -- "It's okay to say you're not okay" -- creates space for an authentic answer. The campaign features multiple colorful and high-impact creative components including a Spanish and English website, print and digital ads and outdoor placements including murals. All materials focus on emotional well-being and encourage outreach for free support services including counseling, preschool, employment and financial resources, health care, housing supports, parenting groups and more.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco Announces Plan to Reopen City Hall to Public
- Long Beach: Expanded and Extended Rental Assistance
- ATEC Expands ISO 17025 Calibration Accreditation to LISNs & CDNs
- Disaggregated Networking Solution by IP Infusion and Edgecore Networks Deployment Completed at London Internet Exchange
- 8 Surprising Benefits of Boxing to Unleash Your Inner Champion
The campaign is funded by the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health as part of a four-year grant focused on residents of South Los Angeles (in a subsection of Supervisorial District 2) who are currently experiencing or are at risk of trauma from factors including COVID-19, racism and poverty.
Visit the campaign website at https://yougood.la/ and follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Founded in 1906, Children's Institute (CII) is the largest agency of its kind working to transform the lives of children exposed to adversity and poverty in Los Angeles. By providing early education, behavioral health and family strengthening services, CII reaches 30,000 children and family members annually. Learn more at childrensinstitute.org/.
The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (LACDMH)
As the nation's largest public mental health department, we ensure access to care and treatment for our most vulnerable residents in a region with more than 10 million people. With an annual budget approaching $3B and a committed staff of 6,000, LACDMH embodies a "heart-forward" approach to supporting hope, recovery and wellbeing across the County. For more information on LACDMH, visit dmh.lacounty.gov/.
More on The Californer
- Global Coffee Shops Market to Reach $201.4 Billion by 2027
- FACERE25 and MJC Partners Successfully Launch New Fintech Advisory Firm Forty Grand
- Steve Muehler – Commercial Insurance – to begin offering Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Michael Johnson Performance chooses Mondo for training center tracks and weight room flooring
- Evolve IP Offers Occupancy-Based Pricing For Hospitality Industry
Partners for Children South L.A.
Partners for Children South L.A.'s mission is to improve access to high-quality healthcare, early education and family supports for the youngest and most vulnerable children in South Los Angeles. To do this, Partners for Children and its 38 partner agencies operate an Early Childhood System of Care, which is an effective holistic and cross-disciplinary approach to early childhood systems that identifies and mitigates risk, helps families remain intact, and supports the healthy development of their children.
St. John's Well Child and Family Center
St. John's Well Child and Family Center was started as a one-room volunteer clinic and has expanded into an independent 501(c)(3) network of community health clinics serving patients of all ages. In addition to providing medical, dental, and mental health care, St. John's provides services to address our patients' educational, socio-economic, and housing needs to advance all aspects of their well-being.
Watts Leadership Institute
The UCLA Watts Leadership Institute (WLI) draws upon an innovative and engaging peer learning model, addressing gaps in nonprofit knowledge, capacity, and sustainability by supporting a cadre of community-based leaders who will guide other leaders and small nonprofits in the future. This adaptive approach to capacity-building and leadership development creates the foundation for promoting equity in and across the field, resulting in transformative change.
SOURCE Children's Institute
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Neurana Pharmaceuticals to Present at 21st Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference
- San Jose: Big City Mayors Chair's Statement on California Governor Homelessness Funding Announcement
- BISTel Showcases Smart Pharma Innovation Award Winner GrandView APM at 2021 Manufacturing Assets and Reliability Conference
- Major Updates from the #DisneyMustPay Task Force: More Author Groups Join the Task Force
- California Roars Back: Governor Newsom Announces Historic $12 Billion Package to Confront the Homelessness Crisis
- San Joaquin Valley College Announces New Award Program for Nursing Students and Faculty
- Should We All Get Vaccinated in the United States
- CircleCI Acquires Vamp, Adding Release Orchestration to Their CI/CD Platform to Help Engineering Teams Deliver Business Growth
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc
- Patriot Gold Group Extends "2021 Inflation Protection America First IRA" As Inflationary Concerns Soar
- EclecticIQ Appoints Jay Zimmet as Chief Revenue Officer
- Claims Assistance Program from autopom! Gives Drivers Automotive Peace of Mind
- Restaurateur Leads African American Initiative to Endorse Mayoral Candidate Eric Adams
- CentralCoastCatholic.net Expands Its Reach
- California Court Rules Beyond Meat Must Pay Don Lee Farms in Contract Dispute - Property Claim and Negligent Misrepresentation Counterclaim Also Found Meritless
- Agiloft Wins Silver Stevie® in 2021 American Business Awards® for AI Core
- ElevenSight Named TiE50 Award Winner at TiEcon 2021
- An Inventory System that Brings Historical Data Back to the Present
- Sidow Sobrino drops "Spin & Dance"
- New UV inkjet primer for stainless steel tumblers and metal drink-ware from Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc