- Unreal Mobile extends its Black Friday deal, dubbing it "Golden Friday."
- Black Friday: 15% Off SxS Rims & Tires
- Black Friday Sale: 15% Off Rims & Tires
The Governor's announcement comes as the U.S. Department of Transportation today outlined $120 million in funding that California will receive for eight projects through the IIJA Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) grant program to improve and modernize transportation infrastructure.
"With this influx of federal dollars, we have an incredible opportunity to rebuild California while creating quality jobs, modernizing crucial infrastructure, and accelerating our clean transportation progress, benefiting communities up and down the state," said Governor Newsom. "Antonio has the extensive experience and relationships to deliver on this promise and bring together the many partners who will be key to our success. I look forward to his collaboration with the Administration as we build up communities across California."
More on The Californer
- Snell & Wilmer Partners Patricia Brum and Keith M. Gregory Named DEIA Visionaries by LA Times
- Synergize Your Senses: Urban Medicine Woman's Holiday Scented Bliss with Synergy Blend Roll-Ons!
- SSV Network selects Randamu for Distributed Key Generation (DKG) Grant Award
- How Much Power Is Enough When Selecting an AC Supply
- Anti-Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein Antibody
Known for his skill at building broad bi-partisan coalitions, Villaraigosa will serve as the key state liaison for local elected officials on infrastructure needs, conducting meetings with regional leaders and with federal leaders in Washington, D.C., in coordination with the Governor's Office. Villaraigosa will not be a state employee. This position is supported through a partnership with California Forward, which will collaborate with him and members of the Administration on local engagement efforts.
In 2013, Villaraigosa finished his two terms as Mayor of Los Angeles, after eight years of major strides in transportation, crime reduction, infrastructure, energy and resource sustainability, right-sizing government, business development and education reform. Prior to his election as Mayor, Villaraigosa served as a member of the Los Angeles City Council from 2003 to 2005. From 1994 through 2000, Villaraigosa served in the California State Assembly as Democratic Whip, Majority Leader and Speaker of the Assembly. He was a member of President Obama's Transition Economic Advisory Board, the 2012 Chairman of the Democratic National Convention and President of the U.S. Conference of Mayors. Villaraigosa was a Fellow at Harvard University and a Professor in public policy at the University of Southern California. He was a Senior Fellow at the Bipartisan Policy Institute in Washington, D.C. Additionally, he has served on the McGraw Hill Global Education Board of Directors, and currently serves as Board Chair of The Change Company. He also serves on various boards, including at UC Merced, AltaMed and Peace Over Violence. Villaraigosa is currently a Partner and Co-Chair at Actum, where he focuses on strategic and crisis communication consulting to senior executives in large public and private sector organizations.
More on The Californer
- Pelican Launches Adventure Case Series
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Passing of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
- Exceptional Marine Corps Wood Military Signs
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- Black Friday Sale Extended Through Cyber Monday
See below for a breakdown of the $120 million in funding that California local governments, transit agencies and others will receive through the RAISE grants announced today:
- $25 million to the High-Speed Rail Authority for its Merced Extension design work
- $23 million to San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency for complete streets improvements along Howard Street
- $20 million to the Port of Los Angeles for its Terminal Island Grade Separation
- $15 million for the Inglewood Transit Connector Project
- $15 million for the Yuba-Sutter Transit Authority's Zero-Emission Bus Operations and Maintenance Facility
- $15 million to the City of Fontana for multi-modal complete street improvements
- $5 million to the Sacramento Area Council of Governments to plan and design Mobility Zones in the Sacramento Region
- $1.6 million to the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation for a separated pedestrian and bicycle path across Highway 101 in Del Norte County
Latest on The Californer
- Merry Melrose at the Melrose Trading Post!
- Hollywood Storage Center of Thousand Oaks Announces Two Weekends of Free Photos with Santa
- PowerTribe "Up With The Sword" - New Album Unleashed January 10, 2024
- BYD | RIDE Supports Women in Transportation with $5,000 Build Your Dreams Scholarship
- D.A. Davidson Acts as Sell-Side Advisor to COMC on its Commercial Agreement and Investment from eBay Inc.
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."
- Final Week For Medicare Insurance Open Enrollment
- DocuSign Achieves StateRAMP Authorization, Enabling State and Local Governments to Easily and Securely Build, Send and Sign Agreements
- Long Beach Airport Unveils "A Flight to History" Centennial Commemoration Mural
- Klarinet Solutions Recognized as Staffbase's Rising Star of the Year
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- Lowthorp Richards and Hathaway Law Firm Join Forces in Merger
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- StratEdge Presents and Exhibits at the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) InterPACK 2023 Conference
- The World's No.1 Superstar Rings in 48th Birthday and 25 Years as an Entertainer
- Devart Is the Winner of 2023 New World Report Software and Technology Award
- EasyLlama Launches Festive Globe Learning Journey to Boost Workplace Culture & Inclusivity
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- Finopotamus Launches the 2023-24 Edition of the Digital Banking Industry Leaders Forum
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals