- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG1 Fab Fragment Cyanine 3 Conjugate
- Gambian Films Earn Prestigious Selection at Ohio Valley Festival for Filmmakers of Color
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
John W. Kozarich, Ph.D., Chairman of Ligand, commented on the appointment: "We are very pleased to welcome Martine to our board of directors. She brings considerable expertise in development and regulatory affairs at a global level, having held senior roles in which she provided strategic regulatory direction on all phases of drug development and across multiple therapeutic areas. This skillset will be invaluable as we build our portfolio of partnered programs."
Dr. Zimmermann has extensive expertise in regulatory affairs at both small and large pharmaceutical organizations, having worked in the United States, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Throughout her career she has been involved in all phases of drug development and in several therapeutic areas, interacting with relevant regulatory authorities such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the Japanese Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA).
More on The Californer
- Governor Newsom Highlights Funding for Climate Change Resiliency Projects Across California
- The Major Hope Foundation Brings 'A Major Day of Hope To Los Angeles'
- Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (BRBS) Investor Notice: Robbins LLP Reminds Shareholders of Class Action Filed Against Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
- California Gets $70 Million in Federal Funding to Accelerate Salton Sea Restoration
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.8.23
Currently, Dr. Zimmermann is the Senior Vice President, Head of Regulatory Affairs and R&D Quality at Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, a global biopharmaceutical company. Prior to Ipsen, she spent 13 years at Alexion Pharma International where she held several positions including Senior Vice President and Head of Global Regulatory Affairs. She is an active member of several life-sciences trade associations and was a member of the Board of Directors of Caelum Biosciences from 2019 until its acquisition by AstraZeneca in 2021; she has also been a board member of France-based Inventiva (Euronext Paris and Nasdaq: IVA) since 2021. Dr. Zimmermann received her Doctorate in Pharmacy (PharmD) with a specialty in immunology from the Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg in France.
Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated recently announced that it had appointed Martine Zimmermann, PharmD., to its Board of Directors as an independent director bringing 25 years worth of experience from the pharmaceutical industry with her to Ligand's board according to John W Kozarich Phd., Chairman for Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated who commented "We are very pleased to welcome Martine to our board of directors" adding that "She brings considerable expertise in development and regulatory affairs at a global level"
More on The Californer
- Welcome to SierraConnect, your go-to platform for everything PCB-related!
- Magnitude Lighting Welcomes Bob O'Riley as Product Manager,
- "Magnanimous," (book) Is a Delightful and Insightful Roadmap to Success That Challenges Tradition
- Evolus Reports Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- L2 Aviation and Software Development Alternatives announce D-Link repair solution
Dr Zimmermann has extensive experience working with relevant regulatory authorities such as The US Food & Drug Administration (FDA), The European Medicines Agency (EMA) & The Japanese Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Agency (PMDA). She is currently Senior Vice President & Head Of Regulatory Affairs & R&D Quality for Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals & was previously Senior Vice President & Head Of Global Regulatory Affairs for Alexion Pharma International for 13 years prior to joining Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals
Dr Zimmermann is also an active member for several life sciences trade associations & was part Of The Board Of Directors For Caelum Biosciences until it was acquired by AstraZeneca In 2021; She has also been part Of The Board Of Directors For France based Inventiva since 2021
Dr Zimmerman holds a Doctorate In Pharmacy With A Specialty In Immunology From Louis Pasteur University Strasbourg In France
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- State Marks 100+ Water System Consolidations, Providing Safe Drinking Water for 90,000 Californians
- Chaos Loc Releases New Album "Life After Super Max"
- Joel Osman is Promoted to Partner at Parker Shaffie LLP
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Judicial Appointments 12.7.23
- RH Reports Third Quarter 2023 Results
- Incandescent Entertainment Announces New Film, "Portal in the Pines," starring Jamie Kennedy to Begin Filming This Month in Lousiana
- Tella Firma Foundations Partners with Green Clean Solar to Increase Steel Recycling in the Renewable Energy Industry
- What California Accomplished at COP28
- California Humanitarian Aid Arrives to Help Civilians in Israel and Gaza
- Feature film about President Trump's response to the pandemic and the 2020 election – streaming now
- Kaiser Permanente Donates $10,000 To SEEAG's Ag-Education Programs
- Long Beach Pledge Guaranteed Income Pilot Program to Expand with Second Cohort
- Refurbishing Cryostats with IMEB Inc.'s Laboratory Techs and Its Benefits
- The Society of Voice Arts and Sciences has joined with Audible for the Muhammad Ali Voice of Humanity Honor to be presented to Viola Davis
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day 2023
- The Future of Deposition Summaries: The Synergy of Human Paralegals and AI in the USA Legal System
- The Hutchinson Prize Provides Dozens of Scholarships to The Most Impoverished Students in Kenya's Huruma District
- Blueshift Launches Free CDP Starter For Cross-Channel Engagement