- NEE INVESTOR NOTICE: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces that NextEra Energy, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead the NextEra Energy Class Action Lawsuit
- TalentEarth Studios Partners with Product Signals to Empower Game Development
- New York Komedians Presents an Evening of Laughs at Broadway
Since being appointed as Director of LGB in 2019, Guidry has successfully navigated the airport through the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic and overseen several major developments as part of LGB's ongoing $110 million multi-year, Phase II – Terminal Area Improvement Program. Her efforts have been recognized with LGB being named one of the Top 10 airports in the country last year by Condé Nast Traveler magazine.
Guidry was one of 10 women celebrated at the COMTO event for making outstanding contributions to the transportation industry. She was presented with her award at the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery, where Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg gave opening remarks. April Rai, COMTO President & CEO said that "the work of these honorees positively impacts the lives of millions and moves the mission of COMTO forward". Past honorees include House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Rep. Joyce Beatty, poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou, and COTA Board Trustee and Ohio State Associate Vice President for Local and Community Relations Trudy Bartley.
More on The Californer
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Funko, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Capehart Pops Orchestra Featured Harmonica Soloist C J Oldis Drops First Four Singles Via Streaming
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy With Guest Director and Producer Michael Mike
- A Spooktacular Twist: A Company Picnic Unveils Five New Themes for a Halloween Picnic!
- The World's First Credit Card Dedicated to Diamond Ownership
In response to receiving this honor, Guidry expressed her gratitude saying "I am incredibly grateful to be recognized by COMTO for my leadership at Long Beach Airport which has a nearly 100-year legacy in the aviation industry" adding that "this is really a reflection of the incredible team of people we have at LGB who do great work every day to make our award-winning Airport one of the best in the country."
Prior to her role at LGB, Guidry spent more than 25 years in local government leadership positions including 14 years in airport management previously serving as Deputy Executive Director for LAWA (City of Los Angeles World Airports). She holds an MBA from Pepperdine University and a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from UC Irvine.
This year marks LGB's 100th anniversary with nonstop service to 24 destinations across America. For more information on COMTO's Women Who Move The Nation award visit COMTO.org or for details about LGB visit lgb.org
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on The Californer
- Long Beach Advancing Peace Hosts Leaders of Violence Prevention Symposium
- Harness Recognized With Highest Scores in CI/CD and Platform Capabilities Evaluation Among Top Integrated Software Delivery Platforms
- Rio Tinto U.S. Borax becomes first open pit mine to transition to renewable diesel
- Pokemon Home Error Code 9012: Comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide to Regain Access
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of America's Workforce Solution, LLC, accepted into the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, 'Milestone Circles' Program
- Lagree Fitness and VersaClimber Partner to Revolutionize the Fitness Industry
- CareTrust REIT Acquires Two Memory Care Facilities with Experienced Operator
- Australian Battery Recycling Technology Startup Advances Its Innovative Battery Metals Recovery Process
- California: What They're Saying: Governor Newsom's Proposals to Build More, Faster
- California: Governor Newsom Announces $16 Million to Support Farmworker Homeownership
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against SentinelOne, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Life360 to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conference
- Long Beach: Community Invited to Provide Input on Updated Subdivision Ordinance
- City Seeks Partners to Support Long Beach Collaboratory Smart City Initiative Program
- bisco industries becomes UL-Registered in Processed Wire
- EPA Clean School Bus Funding Grant Application Assistance Now Available from BYD
- Mix Engineer Rob Chiarelli Continues Billboard Gospel Charts Success with "All Things"
- City of Long Beach Announces Departure of Animal Care Services Bureau Manager Staycee Dains as She Accepts Position as General Manager of Los Angeles Animal Services
- California: Governor Newsom Proclaims LGBTQ+ Pride Month 2023
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia