- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Long-Term Care Insurance Expert Shares Annuity Planning Strategy
The Health Department's GreenlightLB Program will use the grant funds to support educational activities and behavioral changing strategies to reduce distracted driving in Long Beach. The activities conducted between Oct. 1, 2023, and Sept. 30, 2024, include teen and young adult traffic safety education through activities on high school campuses, educational workshops and social media messaging; a partnership with community leaders to provide neighborhood organizations with tools to promote positive change; reducing health disparities and promoting health equity through expanded partnerships; a peer-to-peer youth program; collecting local distracted driving data; a train-the-trainer course; and pop-up events that promote the importance of safe and responsible driving.
More on The Californer
- Veryon brings AI-powered solutions to PBEXPO in Miami
- New horizons for Virtual Pets Fans
- EARN ALLIANCE INTRODUCES FIRST-IN-MARKET WEB3 GAMING DISCOVERY PLATFORM THAT REWARDS GAMERS, AND PROVIDES "ENGAGEMENT AS A SERVICE" SOLUTION FOR DEVELOPERS
- Exciting News: "Long Live the Baron" Soars into Top 200 on Amazon Bookstore
- Evolus to Participate in Upcoming Leerink Partners and Barclays Investor Conferences
Acting Director Alison King said "Educating residents about making safety the number one priority when sharing the roadways is a crucial step in eliminating preventable collisions. The efforts funded by OTS will set social norms for our youth, curb dangerous driving behaviors, and help create safer streets for everyone." Last year, the program reached 1,500 community members via 19 distracted driving community presentations and youth-focused workshops; 14 educational outreach tables and pop-ups; graduating 14 students from across five Long Beach schools for the Safe Streets Ambassador program; co-hosting the fourth annual Long Beach Safe Streets Awareness week; conducting two extensive observational assessments at intersections across Long Beach.
Office of Traffic Safety Director Barbara Rooney reminded drivers "Silence your phone and put it away while driving. It is a simple, yet significant action that keeps yourself and others on the road safe." This is the fourth year that Health Department has received an OTS grant to continue its distracted driving prevention efforts which are in line with strategies identified in both their Strategic Plan as well as the City's Safe Streets Action Plan to eliminate traffic-related deaths and serious injuries by 2026.
Latest on The Californer
- City Encourages Long Beach Residents Enrolled in the U.S. Affordable Connectivity Program to Review Internet Bill as Program Funding Nears Completion
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow
- TriCo Bancshares Announces Increase in Quarterly Cash Dividend
- City of Long Beach Launches Sidewalk to Success Program to Support Business Development
- Landis+Gyr and SPAN Announce Partnership to Unlock Electrification and DER Flexibility at the Grid Edge USA - English USA - English
- City to Host, Fund 2024 Long Beach Pride Parade
- Star Wars' The Mandalorian & Grogu to be Filmed in California Through the State's Film and TV Tax Credit Program
- California Sees Significant Increase in Applications to Join CHP
- Salem News Channel Host Mike Gallagher to Broadcast from Israel
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- Flourish Ventures Promotes Investment Leads in India and LatAm; Strengthens Bench in US and Africa with New Hires USA - English MEXICO - Spanish India - Hindi BRAZIL - Portuguese USA - English
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- B. Riley Securities to Host Radiopharma Investor Conference in New York on March 1, 2024
- Legion Partners Sends Letter to Twilio Board of Directors
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024
- "Unlock the Blueprint to Success: Morgan Mayfield's Latest Book Delivers Proven Strategies for Realtors to Achieve 6-Figure-Plus Success
- Faraday Future Announces Reverse Stock Split and Authorized Share Reduction