- The New World of Social Networking: How Emojizing is Redefining Online Branding
- Amelia Earhart's Plane Possibly Found in Nikumaroro Lagoon
- Loop Neighborhood Welcomes New CFO, Jonathan Louie
On Wednesday, April 21st at 11:11 AM PST, the team will release 21 pairs of "Wilson Chandler 1s" on their website (www.cryptokickers.com), with additional releases to follow. This is the first time a professional athlete has signed such a deal, marking a significant moment in crypto history.
"As we build out the leading footwear brand for the Metaverse, we wanted to find a star athlete with an innovative spirit and style — someone who actually cares about this stuff," said CryptoKickers co-founder Thomas Dimson. Added co-founder Joey Flynn: "Beyond Wilson's huge impact in the NBA, he is already a big part of the NFT community and is a champion for the technology and ideology behind it all. He was our dream collaborator. We reached out to him over Twitter and within days, a partnership was in place."
More on The Californer
- City of Angeles City of Mental Health
- San Francisco Announces Plan to Reopen City Hall to Public
- Long Beach: Expanded and Extended Rental Assistance
- ATEC Expands ISO 17025 Calibration Accreditation to LISNs & CDNs
- Disaggregated Networking Solution by IP Infusion and Edgecore Networks Deployment Completed at London Internet Exchange
Since launching online in March, CryptoKickers has seen immediate traction, selling over 300 pairs of virtual shoes at prices ranging up to 1.26 ETH (~$2,644.11 US). Prices have climbed even higher in the secondary market, with a pair of Matcha Movers selling for 1.5 ETH (~$3,147.75). The brand is currently building out retail stores in multiple virtual worlds including CryptoVoxels and Sandbox, with further expansion deals in the works.
"As soon as I discovered CryptoKickers, it was a no-brainer to collaborate with them," said Chandler, a 13-year NBA veteran. "I've been in the crypto space for some time and recently became obsessed with NFTs. I think these guys are positioned to build a Nike-sized fashion business for virtual worlds."
The one-of-a-kind, individually numbered shoes will start at 0.021 ETH (~$44.07 US), with prices higher for pairs with rare traits. 11% of each sale will be donated to Cool Earth, a rainforest preservation nonprofit. Chandler will donate all his proceeds to the Benton Harbor Community Development Corporation, a nonprofit aiding social and economic development in his hometown of Benton Harbor, Michigan. The proceeds will buy physical shoes for local youth, and help bring in guest speakers to educate the community on cryptocurrency, NFTs and blockchain technology.
More on The Californer
- 8 Surprising Benefits of Boxing to Unleash Your Inner Champion
- Global Coffee Shops Market to Reach $201.4 Billion by 2027
- FACERE25 and MJC Partners Successfully Launch New Fintech Advisory Firm Forty Grand
- Steve Muehler – Commercial Insurance – to begin offering Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Michael Johnson Performance chooses Mondo for training center tracks and weight room flooring
CryptoKickers is the first product from Metagear, LLC, a virtual fashion startup based in San Francisco, California. The company is run by Joey Flynn and Thomas Dimson, two Silicon Valley entrepreneurs who met while working at Instagram. Get in contact: [email protected]
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Carrington College San Leandro Announces New Criminal Justice: Corrections Program Director
- Neurana Pharmaceuticals to Present at 21st Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference
- San Jose: Big City Mayors Chair's Statement on California Governor Homelessness Funding Announcement
- BISTel Showcases Smart Pharma Innovation Award Winner GrandView APM at 2021 Manufacturing Assets and Reliability Conference
- Major Updates from the #DisneyMustPay Task Force: More Author Groups Join the Task Force
- California Roars Back: Governor Newsom Announces Historic $12 Billion Package to Confront the Homelessness Crisis
- San Joaquin Valley College Announces New Award Program for Nursing Students and Faculty
- Should We All Get Vaccinated in the United States
- CircleCI Acquires Vamp, Adding Release Orchestration to Their CI/CD Platform to Help Engineering Teams Deliver Business Growth
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc
- Patriot Gold Group Extends "2021 Inflation Protection America First IRA" As Inflationary Concerns Soar
- EclecticIQ Appoints Jay Zimmet as Chief Revenue Officer
- Claims Assistance Program from autopom! Gives Drivers Automotive Peace of Mind
- Restaurateur Leads African American Initiative to Endorse Mayoral Candidate Eric Adams
- CentralCoastCatholic.net Expands Its Reach
- California Court Rules Beyond Meat Must Pay Don Lee Farms in Contract Dispute - Property Claim and Negligent Misrepresentation Counterclaim Also Found Meritless
- Agiloft Wins Silver Stevie® in 2021 American Business Awards® for AI Core
- ElevenSight Named TiE50 Award Winner at TiEcon 2021
- An Inventory System that Brings Historical Data Back to the Present
- Sidow Sobrino drops "Spin & Dance"