- RMM Construction Management Services to Oversee New Buena Vista Rancheria Gov. Bldg
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 11.30.21
- Newsom announces 12 new appointments to the judiciary
Through a drawing, SF State is offering 10 scholarships to fully fund four years of undergraduate tuition to the University for eligible youth who register at participating vaccination locations in the City, which include:
- Monday, Oct. 25, 1 to 4 p.m. — Visitation Valley Neighborhood Vaccination Site, 1099 Sunnydale Ave., San Francisco, CA 94134
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, 3:30 to 6 p.m. — Malcolm X Academy School, 350 Harbor Rd., San Francisco, CA 94124
- Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2:30 pm to 5 p.m. — Balboa High School, 1000 Cayuga Ave., San Francisco, CA 94112
- Friday, Oct. 29, 4 to 6 p.m. — Ella Hill Hutch Community Center, 1050 McAllister St., San Francisco, CA 94115
- Tuesday, Nov. 2, noon to 4 p.m. — Mission District Neighborhood Vaccination Site, 24th St. and Capp St., San Francisco, CA 94110
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. — McCoppin Elementary School, 651 6th Ave., San Francisco, CA 94118
"These college scholarships are an incredible reward for San Francisco teens doing the right thing for themselves and their community – and that is being a part of ending this pandemic by getting the COVID-19 vaccination," said Mayor London N. Breed. "Our teens have endured over a year of distance learning and missed interactions with their friends. These scholarships will carry their education forward and help shape their future in innumerable ways."
"SF State is committed to supporting college attendance among young people in San Francisco and helping to promote the City's vaccination goals," SF State President Lynn Mahoney said. "These scholarships can further public health objectives while lifting up a new generation of leaders for our workforce."
More on The Californer
- Codie Sanchez Reviews - This Contrarian Has a Lot to Say
- Breaking News: She's Looking Good (Robot Mix) by Rodger Collins
- ALERT: Alfi, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action Lawsuit - ALF; ALFIW
- A Unique Gift for the Person that Has Everything – A Soul Song Composed Just for Them
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Alfi, Inc. (ALF, ALFIW) Investors
"We encourage all eligible SFUSD students to get vaccinated and to gain the skills necessary to attend college if they so choose," SFUSD Superintendent Dr. Vincent Matthews said. "As an SF State alumnus and Gator myself, I truly appreciate the University's efforts to support health and college access among our City's youth."
Since becoming eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine in May, more than 90% of San Francisco's youth ages 12 to 17 have been fully vaccinated, making this one of the highest vaccination rates among age groups in the City.
"The SF State scholarship program complements our City's strategy to provide low-barrier access to COVID-19 vaccinations in San Francisco communities, which has resulted in one of the highest vaccination rates in the world," said Deputy Director of Health, Dr. Naveena Bobba. "We're proud that our 12- to 17-year-old youth have reached such high vaccination rates, and incentive programs like these can help give an extra push to unvaccinated individuals to take immediate action to get vaccinated, protecting themselves, their loved ones and our community."
Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of the difference between qualifying expenses for in-state tuition and fees and other federal and/or state financial aid awarded to the winner. In the event a winner's federal and/or state financial aid awards fully cover the cost of in-state tuition and fees, the student will be awarded $2,000 per academic year. All scholarships will be credited to the individual's student account for each semester of enrollment.
Residents are eligible to enter the drawing if they meet all the following requirements:
- Permanently resides in San Francisco (including people living in San Francisco who meet AB 540 eligibility)
- Received at least the first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine two-shot series prior to entry. Must be age 12 to 17 when this occurs
- Currently not enrolled at a college or university nor have been previously been enrolled in college or university
- Not an employee or immediate family of an employee of SF State living as a member of the employee's household. Consistent with California Government Code section 82029, "immediate family" means spouse and dependent children
Residents can receive the vaccine from the participating sites to become eligible, but it is not required. Residents who receive the vaccine elsewhere or are already vaccinated are eligible to register for the drawing.
More on The Californer
- American Bottle Auctions will offer Part 1 of the Mel Hammer collection, online-only, December 10-19
- Newsom launches $300 million "Clean California" grant program
- SleepLab Anti-Snore: 50% Off black friday deal
- UPCOMING DEADLINE: Playtika Holding Corp. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action Lawsuit – PLTK
- The Godfather of Fitness, Jack LaLanne's Legacy Continues in New Book
How to enter
Eligible residents will have the opportunity at the participating sites to complete a form that enters them in the drawing. SF State staff will be there to verify that registrants qualify and to help residents enter the drawing. The last day to enter the drawing is Nov. 13.
Selecting the winners
The winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received. A minimum of one and a maximum of two winners will be selected from each participating vaccination locations.
The official announcement of the winners will publish the week of Nov. 22. Winners will be notified prior to announcement.
For more information regarding the official rules, FAQs and health privacy, visit together.sfsu.edu/vaccinescholarship or email email@example.com.
About San Francisco State University
San Francisco State University is a doctoral public university serving students from the San Francisco Bay Area, across California and around the world, with nationally acclaimed programs that span a broad range of disciplines. Nearly 30,000 students enroll at the University each year, and its more than 321,000 graduates have contributed to the economic, cultural and civic fabric of San Francisco and beyond. Through them — and more than 1,800 world-class faculty members — SF State proudly embraces its legacy of academic excellence, community engagement and commitment to social justice. For more information, visit sfsu.edu.
Latest on The Californer
- Special Gourmet Cooking Event!
- loanDepot celebrates week of giving with $50,000 donation to United Cerebral Palsy of Orange County
- California Governor announces seven new appointments
- Leonardo247 Wins the 2021 Multi-Housing News Excellence Award for Most Innovative Technology
- Stout Industrial Technology Hires Brent Shedd as Chief Executive Officer
- Mariachi Herencia de Mexico presents "It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year"
- Platinum Equity Completes Sale Of Orbit Irrigation To Husqvarna Group
- TurboTax Has Every Tax Situation Covered Whether Doing Taxes Yourself or With the Help of a TurboTax Live Expert
- Protagonist Therapeutics to Present at the JMP Securities Hematology and Oncology Summit
- How do I ask a question to Facebook?
- IaaS Tech Company StrongNode.io and Social Impact Gaming Ecosystem Original Gamer Life Name OIG Oracles Investment Group as Key Partner
- Tutor Perini Announces Two Projects Collectively Valued at $218.8 Million
- Kinecta Federal Credit Union Invites the South Bay Community to participate in the 3rd Annual California Great Santa Stroll to Benefit Mychal's Learning Place
- StrongNode.io Connects with Block0 for Strategic Partnership in Building the Future of Digital Connectivity
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.2.21
- LingoAce Raises $160 Million in New Funding Amidst Rapid Global Expansion
- MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center Named Top 10 Percent in Nation for Joint Replacement, Receives National Excellence Award by Healthgrades
- EA Sports and Activision Former VP Kim Salzer Steps in as CMO for NFT Gaming Social Impact Ecosystem Original Gamer Life
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Business Tax Financial Hardship Exemption Extended
- Aldelo Completes NTEP Certification for Star Micronics Scale