- Atrium Raises $13.5 Million to Revolutionize Data-Driven Sales Management
- Pfizer Donating 1 Million Naloxone Doses to Direct Relief for Life-Saving Opioid Overdose Reversal
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
DRAFT SUPPLEMENTAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT (EIR) FOR
THE MARRIOTT TOWNPLACE SUITES PROJECT
Description: The project includes a General Plan Amendment (GP20-005) to modify the 110-foot building heights area contained within the Southern Zone in the Diridon Station Area Plan (DSAP) and referenced in the Downtown Strategy 2040 plan, a Site Development Permit (H19-053) to allow the demolition of up to three residential units, a water tank building, three commercial buildings (approximately 14,176 square feet), and two sheds for the construction of a 175-room hotel, and a Vesting Tentative Map (T20-004) to merge four lots into one lot on an approximately 0.60-gross acre site.
Location: northeast corner at the intersection of Josefa and West San Carlos Streets, San José
Assessor's Parcel Nos.: 259-47-013, -014, -015, -016
Council District: 3 File Nos.: GP20-005, H19-053, and T20-004
The proposed project will have potentially significant environmental effects on construction air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, hazardous materials, and construction and construction noise and vibration. With implementation of mitigation measures, the potential impacts would be less than significant.
More on The Californer
- A Urban Morgan Productions Inc. debuts its latest feature film "Deception," directed by Justin Williams
- Public Review Draft Addendum: 600 S 1st Street (Scape San Jose, formerly known as Garden Gate Tower)
- AUA College of Medicine, Carson-Newman University Pen Admissions Agreement
- San Francisco: Statement from Mayor London Breed on Guilty Verdict in Trial of Derek Chauvin
- Legion Partners Issues Letter to Genesco's Board Regarding Its Decision to Delay the Company's 2021 Annual Meeting
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) requires this notice to disclose whether any listed toxic sites are present at the project location. The project site is not listed on any toxic sites databases. The Draft EIR and documents referenced in the Draft EIR are available for review online at the City of San José's "Active EIRs" website at www.sanjoseca.gov/activeeirs.
In response to the County's COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place Order, hard copies are not available for review at libraries or at City Hall. Therefore, if requested, a hard copy will be mailed to you. Please allow time for printing and delivery.
The public review period for this Public Review Draft EIR begins on April 5, 2021 and ends on May 20, 2021. Written comments must be received at the Planning Department by 5:00 p.m. on May 20, 2021 to be addressed as part of the formal EIR review process.
Please submit written comments to Reema Mahamood in the Department of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement via the following methods:
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Disney Star Devan Leos Is Using Social Media to Support Charities
- SKB Releases 5 New R Series Sizes, STAC Cases Optimized for Palletized Shipping
- Who Should Own the Covid-19 Vaccine
- Iris Automation Announces Availability of Groundbreaking Detect and Avoid System, Casia X, with Enhanced 360 Degree Performance
Mail: Department of Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement
Attn: Reema Mahamood
200 E. Santa Clara Street, T-3
San Jose, CA 95113
For the official record, please date your comments, and reference Planning File No. H19-053.
Following the close of the public review period, the Director of Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement will prepare a Final Environmental Impact Report that will include responses to comments received during the review period. At least ten days prior to the public hearing on the EIR, the City's responses to comments received during the public review period will be available for review and will be sent to those who have commented in writing on the EIR during the public review period.
Latest on The Californer
- NBA Veteran Wilson Chandler Makes History by Signing First-Ever Completely Virtual Shoe Deal
- Resolution Introduced in New York City Council Calls on the United States to Endorse United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- BRS Media's dotFM Is the First Premier Top-Level Domain Registry to Accept Dogecoin
- Beer Dispenser Market To Register 3.6% CAGR By 2028 Based On Shift Of Consumer Preference Towards Staying Indoors During the COVID-19 Pandemic Situation | Million Insights
- Absortech breaks new sustainable ground
- Housing Is A Human Right Hails Withdrawal of Dr. Drew's Nomination to LAHSA Panel
- YMS Services Remains Dedicated to Providing Top-Rated Locksmith Services to the LA Community
- Newegg Shoppers Can Now Pay with Dogecoin
- Long Beach: Over 50%
- Columbus Software Engineering Division Appraised at CMMI Level 3
- BYD and SMART Union Applaud Biden Administration Plan to Build Back Better
- Dahua Technology Releases Lineup of 2-wire IP Video Intercom Products
- Pyruvate Carboxylase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Medicare Advantage Statistics Resource Initiated By Medicare Insurance Association
- Rambus Joins DARPA Toolbox Initiative with State-of-the-Art Security and Interface IP
- Inframark Acquires Environmental Development Partners
- Applications for San Francisco's $3 Million Music and Entertainment Venue Fund to Open April 21
- Singer Linda Imperial Releases New Single "Just Right" From Latest EP 'Heart Rock'
- ResortNet Completes Installation Of Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) to Rural Colorado Residential Community
- Metropolitan Launches Multilingual Classes on Planting, Care of California Friendly® Landscaping