- Independent Global Film Movement Tackles Diversity Issues At The 75th Festival De Cannes
- eBookFairs.com Acquires Pen It! Publications, LLC
- Jessica Ross Graces the Cover of Center Stage Magazine
"The behavior of this company ever since these workers have indicated a desire to form their union with the Teamsters has been egregious," said Chris Griswold, Secretary-Treasurer of Teamsters Local 986. "They have threatened, harassed and intimidated these workers each and every way possible to prevent them from exercising their rights. They hired union busters and fired union supporters. I applaud these brave drivers for demanding that the company stand down and let the process play out democratically."
More on The Californer
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Food Monitoring System for Restaurants (SCO-166)
- EmpireXclusive Has a Big Weekend Ahead with ABIS Awards Gala and B.Simone Beauty Pop Up
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Innovaccer Unveils ACO REACH Accelerator Toolkit
- InventHelp Presents Durable Cane Tip (RSM-108)
- San Jose: Public Draft Review MND: 1975 Cambrianna Drive Residential Project
Eric Najolia is a CEMEX Driver who took part in the practice picket.
"CEMEX has drivers with Teamster contracts all over the country," Najolia said. "There's no reason we shouldn't have the same organizing and bargaining rights that they have. There's no reason we shouldn't have the same wages, benefits and protections that they have. We're not demanding anything unreasonable. We're demanding our worth."
To read the ruling against CEMEX in its entirety, go to www.nlrb.gov/case/28-CA-230115.
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teamsters.
Matt McQuaid, (617) 894-0669
SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Hiscox Harnesses CoreLogic Geocoding Technology to Assess Insurance Risks
- In Major Milestone, California's Rent Relief Programs Distribute Over $5 Billion to More Than One Million Residents
- Jay King's "The Creative Exchange" Returns with KBLA Talk Radio's Tavis Smiley
- Trepont Acquisition Corp I Announces Redemption of Class A Ordinary Shares
- Fantastic Sams Franchise Corporation Partners with First Development Agent in the Brand's Ambitious Expansion Initiative
- Cabrillo EDC Empowers Ventura County Residents for Success during NeighborWorks Week
- San Jose: Affordable Housing Project Gets $54.8M from State
- Brian Peterson assisted Kaplan Tarps & Cargo Controls with obtaining a GSA Multiple Award Schedule
- Protagonist Therapeutics to Present Updated Phase 2 Rusfertide Clinical Results in Polycythemia Vera (PV) at ASCO 2022
- RH to Report First Quarter Fiscal 2022 Financial Results on June 2, 2022
- California Distributes $108.6 Million to Create Regional Education-to-Career Pipelines
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces $50.7 Million Investment Over Two Years in Children and Family Recovery Plan in Proposed Budget
- Enry's Island Set to be the First Incubator-Accelerator to Have its Own Building in a Metaverse
- Robocorp Wins Intellyx's 2022 Digital Innovator Award
- New Bill Opens the Door for Lawsuits Against the Government Based on Contaminated Drinking Water at Camp Lejeune
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Pegasystems Inc. (PEGA) Investors
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisors Matt Dorsey and Rafael Mandelman Announce Budget Investment to Reduce HIV Infections
- San Jose: San José Mayor Marks One Year Since VTA Rail Yard Tragedy
- Unrooted Celebrates July 4th with a "Made In Amerikuhh" Wine Club
- Instacart Announces New Shoppable Video and Display Advertising Products, Driving Inspiration, Discovery and Purchase