- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in LifeStance Health Group, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Marqeta, Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Sports Stars Tim Brown and Everson Walls, Omni Frisco Hotel, and Ethos Education Group Partner for Student Success
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., Aug. 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The technology jobs market continued its run of gains, which contributed to the unexpectedly strong #JobsReport for the month, according to analysis by CompTIA, the nonprofit association for the information technology (IT) industry and workforce.
Tech occupations across all industry sectors increased by an estimated 239,000 positions in July, CompTIA's analysis of data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reveals.1 The unemployment rate for tech occupations was 1.7% in July.
Tech industry level employment experienced a net gain of 12,700 workers, the 20th consecutive month of employment growth. Tech industry employment has increased by 143,700 jobs this year, an increase of 55% year-over-year.
Employer job postings for technology positions approached 484,000 in July, a slight decrease from the previous month but still at a near record-level.2 Through the first seven months of 2022 US companies listed approximately 3.1 million jobs postings for tech positions, an increase of 49% for the same period last year.
"The tech jobs market has repeatedly outperformed in the face of real and perceived economic weakness," said Tim Herbert, chief research officer at CompTIA. "The data confirms that for every layoff announcement there are other employers stepping in to take advantage of tech talent hiring opportunities."
A closer examination of the tech job posting data from July shows that there are employment opportunities at every experience level, in a variety of occupation categories and in nearly every metro market and state across the country.
More on The Californer
- Superior phase recovery and hologram reconstruction using a deep neural network
- TUYA INVESTOR DEADLINE: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Against Tuya Inc. and Announces Opportunity for Investors with Substantial Losses to Lead Case
- Whizz Systems, Inc Mutually Agrees to Terminate Stock Purchase Agreement
- Burning Ham - Bacon, Beer & Bands
- Gilead to Acquire Remaining Worldwide Rights of Trodelvy®
About one in five tech job postings were for positions requiring two years or less of experience. About half specified three to five years of experience, while 13% sought candidates with nine or more years of experience.
Software developers and engineers are the most in-demand positions employers are looking to hire – nearly 148,000 job postings last month. There is also a strong job market for IT support specialists, IT project managers, systems engineers and architects and network engineers and architects. Positions in emerging technologies or jobs requiring emerging tech skills accounted for one-third of all postings in July.
The New York City, Los Angeles and San Francisco metro markets recorded the largest month-over-month increase in tech jobs postings. But "under the radar" markets also populate this list.
July Tech Job Postings
Little Rock, AR
Oklahoma City, OK
More on The Californer
Within the tech sector, three occupation categories recorded job growth in July – other information services, including search engines (+6,800), data processing, hosting and related services (+4,100) and computer and electronic products manufacturing (+3,300). Hiring in the IT services and custom software development category was flat, while telecommunications-related occupations declined (-1,400).
The "CompTIA Tech Jobs Report" is available at https://www.comptia.org/content/tech-jobs-report. For more analysis and perspective visit the CompTIA Tech Job Report video series at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuqIJd7KnBU_nZd2oXEwa0I5X7Vt124eM.
1 Monthly occupation level data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics tends to experience higher levels of variance and volatility. Labor market data and employer job posting data may be subject to revisions.
2 CompTIA analysis of Lightcast employer job posting data
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is a leading voice and advocate for the $5 trillion global information technology ecosystem; and the estimated 75 million industry and tech professionals who design, implement, manage, and safeguard the technology that powers the world's economy. Through education, training, certifications, advocacy, philanthropy, and market research, CompTIA is the hub for unlocking the potential of the tech industry and its workforce. https://www.comptia.org/
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- AHF LA Times Ad: 'City Hall: Save the Clark Hotel'
- THE LOOKS FROM BEYONCÉ'S RENAISSANCE ALBUM IS A SARTORIAL CELEBRATION OF FASHION FOR THE AGES
- INVESTOR NOTICE: Investors in Coinbase Global, Inc. with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action Lawsuit – COIN
- California: Governor Newsom's Ambitious Climate Proposals Presented to Legislature
- Cymbiotika Announces Partnership with Medical Advisor Dr. Pejman Taghavi
- ArborWorks LLC Announces the Promotion of Mr. Clint Stephens to Vice President of Operations, Southeastern Region
- What They're Saying: State and Local Leaders Across California Applaud Selection of Antonio Villaraigosa as Infrastructure Advisor
- Agent Timothy Braue Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- California: Governor Newsom Names Amelia Yana Garcia Gonzalez New Secretary for Environmental Protection as Secretary Jared Blumenfeld Steps Down
- Medicare Insurance Association Website Traffic Grows By 30 Percent
- InventHelp Inventors Develops New Bird Feeder to Prevent Seed Waste (FMB-105)
- Kiromic Biopharma, Inc. Shareholder Update: Robbins LLP Reminds Investors of Class Action Against Kiromic Biopharma, Inc. (KRBP)
- TVS Television Host Maricela Cornejo to Fight For Muich More than the WBF World Title October 7th
- 2022 Topps Gypsy Queen Hobby Box
- Why should I use a company for Air Duct Cleaning in NJ
- 2021 Panini Obsidian Basketball Hobby Box
- Let's Finally Meet The Man That Fronts The Grammy Nominated Artist "Special Request Ft Rey T."
- Everstream Analytics Named 2022 Top Food Chain Technology by Food Chain Digest
- Harbor Associates Completes Lease-Up on Bungalows Del Mar Office in Del Mar, California Despite the Pandemic and Work from Home Trend