- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- Ziggurat Technologies' Zivolve™ is Now Available for Android Users on the Google Play Store, Revolutionizing Mobile Investing Beyond the Apple iOS App
- San Jose: San José Officials Reappoint Independent Police Auditor
Like all hotels across the country, Renaissance Austin Hotel's occupancy is currently low as a result of COVID-19. The city of Austin is one of the fastest growing in the country, with booming growth in the technology, medical and biotech sectors, and other major tenants and employers.
Peter Oberndorf, Founder and CEO of Axton, said, "This investment is representative of the cyclical nature of hotel assets, which have been even more acutely impacted in this current environment than previous economic cycles given the dynamics of the pandemic. It is now our responsibility to reposition and enhance this property, guiding it on a path of recovery and ultimately leaving it in a better place than we entered. We look forward to making this vision a reality. We are seeking additional opportunities where we believe we can acquire assets and add value at an attractive entry basis, in robust markets with excellent long-term fundamentals and promising growth prospects."
Austin has major and expanding tenants including Apple, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, 3M, University of Texas and the Texas State Capital government. The city is also a leading tourist destination historically hosting over 27 million visitors each year.
Andrew Slusser, Principal at Axton, said, "Our purchase of the Renaissance Austin Hotel reflects the reduced capital availability in the hospitality industry. We see great value at our point of entry and expect the property to return to and grow its pre-COVID earnings over the coming years."
More on The Californer
- San Jose: : Safe Summer Initiative Grant 2021
- Southern California's Flagship PBS Stations KCET and PBS SoCal Rebrand In Anticipation of Digital Future
- Vaccine Update for Long Beach
- WEBTOON parent NAVER announces approval of agreement to acquire Wattpad
- Planet 90210 Show to Celebrate 30 years of Beverly Hills, 90210 and its Global Impact on Fans
Axton is planning renovations to the hotel's public spaces and meeting rooms that will position the property as a premier venue for the meeting and event business that the firm anticipates will gradually return in the post-COVID era. The immediate renovations call for significant improvements to the hotel entrance; a redesign of the lobby and the majestic atrium; creating more revenue-generating spaces, while maintaining functionality for group events, with the goal of offering a more attractive and modern look and feel for guests. Planned meeting and banquet space renovations will enhance the property and enable it to be more competitive with newer product as the market recovers.
The hotel will continue to be managed by Marriott under the Renaissance Brand.
The purchase price of the hotel represents more than a 50% discount to replacement cost. Axton is actively evaluating opportunistic investments across the U.S. from sellers seeking liquidity. The firm has a contrarian view that select properties in strong markets with high return on investment repositioning dynamics will allow for a return to equilibrium operating fundamentals.
Paul Hastings represented Axton in the acquisition and Eastdil Secured was the financial advisor for the financing, which was originated by an affiliate of Walton Street Capital, L.L.C.
About The Axton Group
The Axton Group is a privately held investment management firm based in San Francisco with a focus on value add and opportunistic real estate and real estate related assets in the U.S and Canada. Axton's management team has extensive sourcing capabilities through its proprietary network and invests opportunistically across asset types, geographies and capital structure as risk/return dynamics shift. The firm invests in direct real estate and real estate related operating companies with the understanding that real estate is subject to cycles, both in terms of its underlying supply and demand fundamentals and its pricing relative to other asset classes. Axton seeks to invest in undervalued assets which can be enhanced with redevelopment, aggressive asset management, and repositioning in fundamentally strong markets. Axton prioritizes opportunities with strong current cash flow and capital appreciation with a focus on capital preservation. For further information, please visit www.axton.com.
More on The Californer
- Mayor London Breed Announces San Francisco's Participation in National Memorial to Lives Lost to COVID-19
- The Atlas Group adds Corbin Raines to their list of professional property managers
- Tandem Diabetes Care to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results on February 24, 2021
- Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Hillary Ronen Announce New Funding for San Francisco's Right to Recover Program
- Golden Gate University School of Law Launches Journal Focused on Social Justice Issues
About Walton Street Capital, L.L.C.
Walton Street is a private equity real estate investment and management firm founded in December 1994 and headquartered in Chicago, IL (U.S.A.). Walton Street also has regional headquarters in Mexico City, Mexico. For further information, please visit www.waltonst.com.
Lambert & Co.
SOURCE The Axton Group
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- ReFocus AI Announces Open Beta San
- Using AI to Identify Conversion Opportunities in Brick-and-Mortar Retail
- Palantir Providing Technology to Enhance Safety and Reliability of Electric Grid in California
- Cannabis and CPG Industry Consultant Added to the Arcview Group's Team Roster
- Reeco Lures Amazon Fresh to Whittier Shopping Center in Long-Term Lease Deal
- McAfee Takes Another Step Toward Global Support for Organizations in Need of Leading Managed Threat Detection and Response
- Soulful Pop Music Meets Female Empowerment
- RN Clayton Edges Closer To 100k World Wide Nurse Initiative With Innovative Web Series
- Josh Hawley Signs with Regnery after Simon & Schuster Cancels Book
- California: On Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service, Governor Newsom Serves Meals at St. Anthony's in San Francisco
- Innovent Announces an Out-license Agreement with PT Etana Biotechnologies Indonesia to Launch BYVASDA® (Bevacizumab Biosimilar) in Indonesia
- Emory Neurophysiologic Institute To Release Documentary And Book
- Enigma Norteño releases new single "El Flaquito"
- Harrison H. Lee MD, DMD, FACS, is recognized by Continental Who's Who
- Stacey Ruth Releases New Self-Help Book – Own Your Own Shift
- California: Governor Newsom Formally Appoints Alex Padilla to the U.S. Senate and Nominates Dr. Shirley Weber as Secretary of State
- Martin Luther King III Joins Impact Podcast for Special MLK Day Episode
- Conext.me Partners with Western Technical College to Improve Educational Experience
- Famed Counter-Strike Legend GeT_RiGhT Transitions to Full-Time Content Creator Under Dignitas Banner
- CEO of Industrial Giant ABB in Brazil Joins CEO Coaching International