- Are Productions Missing the Full Opportunities of Social Media Marketing?
- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
- Obtain a USCG Captain's License During COVID-19
I'm proud to report that in just six weeks, more than 56,000 vaccine doses have been administered in the City of Long Beach, including 8,000 second doses. That means tens of thousands of health care workers, older adults, emergency workers, food service workers and educators have been vaccinated and will be better protected against COVID-19, and in turn, will better protect our greater community.
We have set up multiple vaccine sites throughout the city to make this happen. At CSULB, educators continue to receive their first doses. At Memorial Medical Center, our older adults are being vaccinated. And for those scheduled for their second dose, the Long Beach Convention Center is up and running with drive-thru and walk-up vaccination options.
This week we launched our mobile vaccine clinics. We consciously check our data as we go, and are committed to serving the community equitably – even if that means we need to take the vaccine directly to neighborhoods that need it most. These mobile clinics will ensure low-income seniors, folks who aren't able to access the internet, and those who primarily speak a language other than English get vaccinated when it's their turn. I've said time and time again – Long Beach is committed to equity, and our vaccination process will be no different. We are going to continue to innovate and deliver these vaccines in a way that meets our communities where they are at.
More on The Californer
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: Our Lady of La Vang Church (SP19-028)
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: 645 Horning Street Gas Station, Food, and Storage Project (PDA16-027-02)
- San Francisco Moves to Phase 1B of COVID-19 Vaccinations, Expands Eligibility to Educators, Child Care, Emergency Services, Food and Agriculture Workers
- All-new Virtual Music Lounge Turntable Adds Amanda Levensohn as Creative Director
- Honorary Oscar-Winner Charles Burnett brings his award winning film on COVID-19 / Black Hollywood to the Prestigious Pan African 2021 Film Festival
If you haven't done so yet, please be sure to visit VaxLB by clicking here to sign up. This will help us keep you updated on where we are with vaccinations, be notified for when your turn is up to get the vaccine and help us know who in Long Beach still needs a vaccine. The site and sign-up form are available in English, Spanish, Tagalog and Khmer.
For those waiting for their second dose, we have started to send notifications about second appointments to those who received their initial vaccination before January 16. If you were first vaccinated after January 16, please continue to wait for an email from the Long Beach Health Department with your appointment opportunity. You do not need to call to check on the status.
More on The Californer
- In a year of recession, Lantek closes 2020 with record sales figures and customer numbers
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebix, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Emmy Nominated Television Producer, Erika Bryant To Release New Book Titled Doing It Scared
- The 2021 Encore Gospel Celebration of Unity Virtual Concert a must see star-studded event
- New Phase 3 Clinical Study Finds Nutritional Protocol Including Nicotinamide Riboside Accelerates Recovery in Mild-to-Moderate COVID-19 Patients
We've continued to make great progress on our vaccine rollout and Long Beach has received national attention for our work. In case you missed it, The New York Times featured our city's vaccination efforts just last week.
Thank you to all those who continue to do their part to keep each other safe. And especially to our tireless health care and other frontline workers who are doing all they can to take care of us.
Thank you and stay safe,
Mayor Robert Garcia
Latest on The Californer
- New DL-100S Series Remote Temperature & Humidity Data Logger with LCD Screen & IP66 Housing
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Jianpu Technology, Inc. (JT)
- Managing Artificial Intelligence (AI) Projects Mini-Conference scheduled for March 27
- Muslim Lifestyle Website 'Eid Collective' Announces Official Launch
- Private Placement Markets Launches its PPM Life Insurance Company Backed Commercial Mortgage Loans
- Fennemore Names New Office Managing Partners, Practice Group Leaders & Chief Diversity Officer
- Memorial Hospital of Gardena Honors Nurses With the DAISY Award
- Chevy Repairs Kept Affordable with autopom! Vehicle Protection Plans
- Astra Launches Automated Bank Transfer API for Financial Institutions and Fintech Companies
- Wohler adds to their iVAM range with the launch of the iVAM2-2
- Optimal Empowers Procurement Teams with Expert Best Practices
- Announced Sale of Wells Fargo Closed-End Funds' Advisor and Subadvisors
- Garland Technology and Endace Bring Network-Wide Visibility to SecOps and NetOps teams
- BEYOND GUANTANAMO: Louisiana Candidate for Congress blazes trail to freedom for U.S. political prisoners
- Andersen Solidifies Africa Platform
- California: In Kern County, Governor Newsom Announces New Central Valley Vaccine Initiatives Serving Hardest-Hit Communities
- Panish Shea & Boyle LLP Announces Record $39.5 Million Settlement for College Student Who Suffered Heat Stroke During Outdoor Jogging Class
- Celebrate International Women's Day at the Virtual Women's Expo
- Timely Vaccines Going Strong at GranVida
- Glycoprotein Staining Assay Kit