- Mystic Braves' Julian Ducatenzeiler Chosen to Score Silent Film
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Signs Legislation to Launch $10.9 Million Grant Program for Small Businesses
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.9.21
"All commercially available batteries are non-switching," says Kannappan Chettiar, the Singapore-born founder of the battery tech startup, Switching Battery Inc.
The Switching Battery is a new type of hardware with PCB that connects all the batteries to a renewable energy source as well as to the load, simultaneously, using software. The Switching Battery does two things differently compared to non-switchable batteries. Firstly, it charges and discharges the batteries instantly using two independent switching circuits at 50-60Hz with transistor switches. Secondly, the switching circuits enables a new "voltage shifting" technology.
The technology behind the patent-pending Switching Battery is relatively simple. While batteries cannot be arranged in both parallel and series in the same circuit, batteries can be arranged in parallel and series in two separate circuits with two separate independent cycles to form a new battery connection method called para-series.
The para-series arrangement produces a new technique for energy flow called "voltage shifting" when the first battery circuit is connected to the renewable power source, such as solar panels, in parallel initially to be charged. The circuits then switch to a second battery circuit that is timed precisely and connected to the load in series, thus enabling a higher voltage to the load.
More on The Californer
- Atrium Raises $13.5 Million to Revolutionize Data-Driven Sales Management
- CHAMIE is 'heating it up for everyone' early this year with new summer single!
- Premier Workspaces Capitalizes on Industry Distress, Plans to Add 100 Shared Workspace Locations
- agilon health Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #155 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
Voltage shifting technology is useful where there is a space constraint for solar panels, such as in electric vehicles, as the Switching Battery takes over the voltage requirement to drive the load. The technique is also useful for all other renewable energy such as wind turbines that may be affected by slow wind speeds.
"The Switching Battery is like a flexible water tank that is able to squeeze all the water out by constantly shifting between a wider parallel arrangement and a taller series arrangement that makes it more efficient in extricating all the electrons from the batteries," says Chettiar.
Chettiar is an education entrepreneur who has worked with reputed universities such as London School of Economics, University of London, Golden Gate University and University of New Brunswick to offer these courses in Singapore from 1990 until 2017. The battery research was initially undertaken by his education group, Stansfield College in 2005 through its India campus. Chettiar continued the battery research with a team of independent experts from around the world after he left Singapore to pursue his full-time studies in Energy and Clean Technology at Berkeley School of Law.
The Switching Battery will be commercially available in early 2022.
More on The Californer
- BYD Expands with Indianapolis Service Center
- SEEAG Kicks Off 2nd "Let's Grow A Garden" At-Home Student Learning Program
- San Jose: Public Review Draft MND: San José-Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility Outfall Bridge and Instrumentation Improvements
- Get Out Gear Launches 2-in-1 Trekking Pole & Camp Chair System for Backcountry Adventurers
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
About Switching Battery
Switching Battery is a startup founded by Kannappan Chettiar https://www.linkedin.com/in/kannappan-chettiar-7a505a16a/
The website for Switching Battery is currently under construction. Preliminary information is available at www.switchingbattery.com
Details of the technology are available from U.S Patent Publication No. 2020/0112184 A1 titled "Energy Storage System and Method to Improve Battery Performance by Battery Connection" published on April 9, 2021 and supplemented by recent additional patent filings on March 26, 2021 (USPTO 17/213,621).
Press and media contact:
e-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +1 (831) 643 5919
SOURCE Switching Battery
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Continuous Voice, A Unique Technology Providing Utmost Reliability for Business Phone Calls, Now Available for All Ooma Connect Customers
- Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Market is Projected to Register 41.6% CAGR By 2025, Based on High Demand for EVs Globally | Million Insights
- Irish Singer/Songwriter Yelpy Set To Release His New Single Heartbeats
- Bitnine Launches AG Cloud Express: The Easiest Cloud-based Graph Database For Everyone
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.13.21
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Cloopen Group Holding Limited and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase Inhibitor Screening Kit II (F)
- Parallel Capital Partners Installs Ionization Air Systems Companywide to Help Fight COVID-19
- Moorpark College Theatre Arts and VYCF Collaborate to Bring Original Theatre to Ventura County
- California: CALIFORNIA FIRST PARTNER JENNIFER SIEBEL NEWSOM AND CDFA SECRETARY KAREN ROSS HEADLINE STATE FARM TO SCHOOL CONFERENCE
- Hermosa Beach City School District's New Hermosa Vista School, Designed by SVA Architects, Opens and Welcomes Students for In-Person Learning
- Sexton Advisory Group Reveals Top Retirement Risks to Address in 2021
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Landmark $536 Million Wildfire Package Accelerating Projects to Protect High-Risk Communities
- Metropolitan Explores Water Market During Critically Dry Year
- People 16 and Older Are Now Eligible to Receive the COVID-19 Vaccine in San Francisco
- Actress of Film and Stage, Ruta Lee, Releases her Memoirs!
- Long Beach: $30 Million Rental Assistance Program Now Open
- Thycotic and Centrify Merge to Become a Leading Cloud Privileged Identity Security Vendor
- Derrick Seaver named President & CEO of the Silicon Valley Organization
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Reminds Investors of a Class Action Lawsuit Against FibroGen, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm