- World Sleep Day, why do we celebrate?
- Fridge Art Fair New York City May 2023
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Historic Transformation of San Quentin State Prison
Recent media reports indicate that some major pharmacy retail companies, under political pressure, may be considering not dispensing critical abortion medication to millions of individuals, including in states where medication abortion, like Mifepristone, can be lawfully dispensed. In response, 14 Governors are calling on companies to disclose their plans for dispensing Mifepristone, as well as any other actions they plan to take to safeguard access to reproductive health care.
More on The Californer
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP, a Leading Securities Fraud Law Firm, Announces Investigation of Array Technologies, Inc. (ARRY) on Behalf of Investors
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Apé Canada For Supply Of Piaggio Apé's
- California Woman Battling Alopecia Launches Online Wig, Hair Accessories Store
- Orange County Business Journal Ranks Snell & Wilmer in the Top 10 Largest Law Firms in Orange County
- Medicare Advantage Agent Commissions Increase For 2023
"As companies that dispense critical, life-saving medications, we urge that your decisions continue to be guided by well-established science and medical evidence and a commitment to the health and well-being of patients – not politics or litigation threats," wrote the Governors, who are members of the Reproductive Freedom Alliance, a non-partisan coalition of governors committed to strengthening reproductive health care access.
"As you know, the FDA determined more than 20 years ago that Mifepristone is safe and effective, and as health care providers, we hope you will see this attempted interference in the private market for what it is: a threat to the rights of Americans to access basic health care," urged the Governors.
The full letter can be viewed here: https://www.governor.state.nm.us/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Governor-Letter-to-Pharmacy-Retail-Companies__3.14.23.docx.pdf.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- Taylor Marsh Leads the Way in Spiritual Mentoring in California
- California Storm Response and Recovery Update
- Children's Book Author and Artist Karen Winnick Was Featured Reader for Mutt-i-grees® Curriculum in March
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Cannabis Equity Business Academy Applications Now Being Accepted
- 100 YEARS OF CUNARD CAPTURED IN TIME
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION NOTICE: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Tupperware Brands Corporation with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Eddie Turner is Recognized as the #9 Motivational Speaker in the World By Global Gurus!
- SoCalGas Exceeds State Goal for 30th Consecutive Year, Purchasing Nearly 43% of all Goods and Services from Diverse Businesses Last Year
- Fabric Launches Origin Data Service for Content Owners
- Rokid Unveils Rokid Max AR Glasses With Premium MAX-Theater Experience
- Dan Devon announces pre-save for new alternative single "moonlit"
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 3.21.23
- Shareholder Alert: Robbins LLP Informs Investors of Class Action Against United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI)
- What's for dinner? We'll help you decide
- Critical Runway Lighting Upgrades Key to Electrical Improvements Planned at Long Beach Airport
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA National Day of Prayer Breakfast Seeks Sponsors
- RE/MAX Signature Earns Top Regional Award
- Prime Healthcare Celebrates Patient Safety Excellence Recognition from Healthgrades
- Long Beach to Offer Free Youth Recreation Program in Local Parks During School Spring Break April 10-14
- Sobreo Launches California Cocktails Campaign to Elevate Los Angeles Bar Menus with Health-Conscious & Inclusive Drinking Options