- CDAHK Chiropractors Pushes Healthy Feeding of Children
- Kamla Hotels Opens a SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Downey, California
- 12 Cyber Monday Safety Tips for Retailers in 2022
SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom today signed legislation to help hard-working Californians access family and disability leave benefits. SB 951 by Senator María Elena Durazo (D-Los Angeles) will boost leave benefits for lower- and middle-income employees to cover more of their regular income while they take much-needed time off to care for loved ones.
"California families and our state as a whole are stronger when workers have the support they need to care for themselves and their loved ones," said Governor Newsom. "California created the first Paid Family Leave program in the nation 20 years ago, and today we're taking an important step to ensure more low-wage workers, many of them women and people of color, can access the time off they've earned while still providing for their family."
SB 951 extends increased wage replacement rates for State Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave that were set to sunset at the end of the year. Under the legislation's phased increase in benefits, by 2025, workers earning less than the state's average wage could receive up to 90% of their regular wages while taking leave.
SB 951 builds on the Governor's action since taking office to bolster access to workplace leave, including legislation to expand job-protected family leave to millions more Californians, extend paid family leave benefits for a newborn child from 6 to 8 weeks and expand paid sick leave in response to COVID-19.
Yesterday, Governor Newsom signed AB 1041 by Assemblymember Buffy Wicks (D-Oakland) which enables workers to take paid sick leave or family leave in order to care for any person designated by the employee, including non-family members. The Governor also signed AB 152 to extend COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave through the end of the year and AB 1949 by Assemblymember Evan Low (D-Campbell) which allows workers to take job-protected bereavement leave.
More on The Californer
- Alex Hormozi Reviews - 100 Touches - What It Takes to Break Through the Clutter
- Charlotte Company Buys Unpaid Judgments in Mecklenburg and Iredell County
- Newly Released Audiobook Captures 2020 Pandemic in Different Voices and Perspectives
- Must Visit! New Restaurant in Kew Gardens, Queens NY - Love's Kitchen
- CDAHK Chiropractors Pushes Healthy Feeding of Children
The full list of bills the Governor announced signing can be found below:
- AB 1410 by Assemblymember Freddie Rodriguez (D-Pomona) – Common interest developments.
- AB 1642 by Assemblymember Rudy Salas (D-Bakersfield) – California Environmental Quality Act: water system well and domestic well projects: exemption. A signing message can be found here.
- AB 1658 by Assemblymember Janet Nguyen (R-Huntington Beach) – Oil spill response and contingency planning: oil spill elements: area plans.
- AB 1681 by Assemblymember Tom Daly (D-Anaheim) – Insurance: fraud prevention and detection.
- AB 1798 by Assemblymember Isaac Bryan (D-Los Angeles) – Campaign disclosure: advertisements.
- AB 1871 by Assemblymember Lisa Calderon (D-Whittier) – Vehicle history reports.
- AB 1925 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – County and district offices: qualifications.
- AB 2170 by Assemblymember Tim Grayson (D-Concord) – Residential real property: foreclosure sales.
- AB 2206 by Assemblymember Alex Lee (D-San Jose) – Nonattainment basins: employee parking: parking cash-out program.
- AB 2242 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Mental health services. A signing message can be found here.
- AB 2406 by Assemblymember Cecilia Aguiar-Curry (D-Winters) – Intermodal marine terminals. A signing message can be found here.
- AB 2521 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Transgender, Gender Nonconforming, and Intersex Fund.
- AB 2711 by Assemblymember Lisa Calderon (D-Whittier) – Juvenile records access.
- AB 2949 by Assemblymember Alex Lee (D-San Jose) – Vehicles: toll exemptions.
- AB 2953 by Assemblymember Rudy Salas (D-Bakersfield) – Department of Transportation and local agencies: streets and highways: recycled materials.
- SB 459 by Senator Ben Allen (D-Santa Monica) – Political Reform Act of 1974: lobbying.
- SB 641 by Senator Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – CalFresh for College Students Act.
- SB 674 by Senator María Elena Durazo (D-Los Angeles) – Public Contracts: workforce development: covered public contracts.
- SB 746 by Senator Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Political Reform Act of 1974: business entities: online advocacy and advertisements.
- SB 950 by Senator Bob Archuleta (D-Pico Rivera) – CalFresh: income eligibility: basic allowance for housing.
- SB 951 by Senator María Elena Durazo (D-Los Angeles) – Unemployment insurance: contribution rates: disability insurance: paid family leave: weekly benefit amount.
- SB 1019 by Senator Lena Gonzalez (D-Long Beach) – Medi-Cal managed care plans: mental health benefits.
- SB 1034 by Senator Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego) – Sexually violent predators.
- SB 1056 by Senator Thomas Umberg (D-Santa Ana) – Violent posts.
- SB 1081 by Senator Susan Rubio (D-Baldwin Park) – Disorderly conduct: peeping, recording, and distribution of intimate images.
- SB 1200 by Senator Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Enforcement of judgments: renewal and interest.
- SB 1206 by Senator Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Hydrofluorocarbon gases: sale or distribution.
- SB 1216 by Senator Lena Gonzalez (D-Long Beach) – Secretary of Government Operations: deepfakes.
- SB 1346 by Senator Josh Becker (D-Menlo Park) – Surplus medication collection and distribution.
- SB 1360 by Senator Thomas Umberg (D-Santa Ana) – Elections: disclosure of contributors.
- SB 1419 by Senator Josh Becker (D-Menlo Park) – Health information.
- SB 1452 by Senator Brian Dahle (R-Bieber) – Alcoholic beverages: licenses: Counties of El Dorado and Shasta.
- SB 1469 by Senator Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Water corporations: rates.
- SB 1476 by Senator Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Water replenishment districts: contracts.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov.
More on The Californer
- Cameron Jacox Joins Dawn Health, the Leading Insomnia Digital Health Clinic, as Strategic Advisor
- Signifyd Report: Black Friday Online Sales Start Strong, Up 8 Percent YoY
- TOMii Healing and Wellness Opens New Locations in San Mateo & Millbrae, California
- Easy Resume Writing Tips for Beginners and Career Changers
- "Wnt 2 Kno" & "WW3 Kidz" (Scene-2) Successfully Drops To YouTube.com Over Thanksgiving Holiday
Latest on The Californer
- Dr. Jeanette Lee, Owner of 20/20 Optometry of Silicon Valley, Honored By Healthcare Insights as a Most Inspiring Woman Entrepreneur
- Fast-Growing Midwest Family Law Firm Hiring Kansas Lawyers in Topeka and Wichita
- Governor Newsom and First Partner Siebel Newsom to Host the 91st Annual California State Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Ready to plan a Wedding in Los Angeles in 3 Months? Part #3
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Archaea Energy Inc. and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Just in time for Thanksgiving, the "Turkey Pill" - A Turkey And Stuffing Dinner In-A-Pill
- InventHelp Inventor Develops a Discrete Feminine Hygiene Product (OCC 1198)
- How to Navigate the Holidays When Dealing with Infertility
- Mural Unveiling Celebrates Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation's History and Mission
- Wednesday Addams hosts the Addams family hearse on Turo
- Nickelodeon, Paramount, Casa Vertigo, and The Salvation Army Bring Back The In-Person Annual Feast of Sharing Thanksgiving Event to Pico Union Families
- Massachusetts-based IOKA Skin+Science launches Cruelty-Free, Vegan, All-Natural Skincare Line
- Axiomtek's launches AIE800-904-FL-DC - A IP67 Outdoor Edge AI System with M12 Connectors
- Uber and Lyft Alternatives - Tired of Driving Strangers Around?
- Atara Biotherapeutics to Participate at the Evercore ISI 5th Annual HealthCONx Conference
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards for October 2022
- How much does it cost to change the name on a Ryanair flight?
- Medigram Leads Mobile Medicine Technology Ecosystem Partnering With Routledge, Taylor & Francis on a New Book Series and Announces New Book, Advanced Health Technology, Our Second Consecutive Book to Debut as the #1 New Release for Medical Technology
- Impulse Group Orlando: 'Colorado, We Know Your Pain'