- Unreal Mobile extends its Black Friday deal, dubbing it "Golden Friday."
- Black Friday: 15% Off SxS Rims & Tires
- Black Friday Sale: 15% Off Rims & Tires
Increasing and preserving California's housing supply, including affordable housing, is a top priority for Governor Newsom. The Governor recently signed over 70 housing-related bills and 20 CEQA reform bills to cut red tape and get more housing built, faster. Since taking office, the Newsom Administration has invested $30 billion in housing-related programs with the goal of planning for 2.5 million new homes by 2030, with at least one million of those homes being affordable housing – as required by state law.
The first round of Multifamily Finance Super Notice of Funding Availability (Super NOFA) awards announced in February totaled more than $825 million and launched the development of 9,550 homes in 58 communities across California.
More on The Californer
- Snell & Wilmer Partners Patricia Brum and Keith M. Gregory Named DEIA Visionaries by LA Times
- Synergize Your Senses: Urban Medicine Woman's Holiday Scented Bliss with Synergy Blend Roll-Ons!
- SSV Network selects Randamu for Distributed Key Generation (DKG) Grant Award
- How Much Power Is Enough When Selecting an AC Supply
- Anti-Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein Antibody
In a statement on the announcement Governor Newsom said: "Despite challenging economic conditions, California is keeping our commitment to spur the development of needed housing in all 58 counties. We'll continue to provide major funding and resources, coupled with strict accountability measures, to tackle the housing shortage that threatens California's growth and long-term prosperity."
The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) is working to reduce barriers that constrain the growth of much-needed multifamily housing by making it easier for developers to apply to four different funding programs in a single application through the Super NOFA. Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency Secretary Lourdes Castro Ramírez said: "Governor Newsom has been resolute in addressing a housing supply deficit that has been decades in the making, and this new funding will lead to the construction of thousands of climate-friendly homes near economic opportunities."
HCD Director Gustavo Velasquez added: "HCD continues to innovate and collaborate with stakeholders to build more affordable housing faster. This announcement of over $500 million to build multifamily affordable housing demonstrates our commitment to supporting cities and counties in meeting their affordable housing requirements."
The Round 2 Super NOFA application portal opens June 1st with applications due by July 12th at 4:00 p.m PST. Round 2 Super NOFA award announcements are anticipated in Winter 2023.
Latest on The Californer
- Melvin Riley, Legendary Lead Singer of Ready For The World, Releases First-Ever Christmas Single
- Flexiv Scores Sustainable Development Goals
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
- David Wong, CFA, Joins Callan's Private Equity Consulting Team
- One Million Pages Read in the First Year !!
- Nation's Largest Group of Latino Philanthropists Invests $350,000 into Over 35 Latino Nonprofits
- Kingston NY-Based Ryan & Ryan Kicks Off its 65th Anniversary Dec. 6 by Underwriting a Chamber of Commerce Mixer Saluting RUPCO
- Tobu Railway's Hosts "Tokyo Downtown Tour: Bamboo Lighting."
- Supermicro Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock
- The Roulettes oins forces with British Record label Rock Solid Talent Entertainment
- Persistent Expands Executive Leadership Team in Support of Its Ambitious Growth Plans USA - English USA - English
- Lost Money in Fisker Inc.? Gibbs Law Group Investigates Potential Securities Law Violations
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
- Merry Melrose at the Melrose Trading Post!
- Hollywood Storage Center of Thousand Oaks Announces Two Weekends of Free Photos with Santa
- PowerTribe "Up With The Sword" - New Album Unleashed January 10, 2024
- BYD | RIDE Supports Women in Transportation with $5,000 Build Your Dreams Scholarship
- D.A. Davidson Acts as Sell-Side Advisor to COMC on its Commercial Agreement and Investment from eBay Inc.