The text of the proclamation is below:
Eighteen years ago today, our nation watched in horror as Al-Qaeda terrorists hijacked four commercial airliners and directed them towards major American institutions, including the World Trade Center, Pentagon and the United States Capitol.
Every year since, we have observed September 11 as Patriot Day to honor both the nearly three thousand individuals who lost their lives that tragic day and the men and women who bravely responded to the attacks. Each year, we remember those who lost their lives, the memory of those who sacrificed their lives for others, and those who have been forever marked by this moment in history. We also recognize the debt we owe to the first responders – continuing to ensure that they are provided with care for the ongoing health impact of their service during the fateful recovery period.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on End of 2019 Legislative Session
- Perfect Health Mela in October to have Health Modules of Asian countries
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring National Preparedness Month
- California: Governor Newsom Grants Executive Clemency 9.13.19
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 9.13.19
On this somber anniversary, I urge Californians to give meaning to the phrase "Never Forget," to mourn for those we lost and continue to support those who rushed toward danger that day. I have ordered all flags on state buildings to be flown at half-staff.
NOW THEREFORE I, GAVIN NEWSOM, Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim September 11, 2019, as Patriot Day.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 11th day of September 2019.
Governor of California
Secretary of State
Latest on The Californer
- Actress Carolyne Maraghi will star in Lifetime's "The Cheerleader Escort"
- New Must-Have Designer Jewelry: Say Hello To This Distinctive, Edgy and Boho-Chic Fall/Winter Collection
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Ahsha Safaí Celebrate Grand Opening of New Job Center
- Nursing Home Abuse Firm Garcia & Artigliere Represent Client Who Suffered Neglect at Golden Hill Sub
- SEEAG Receives Grant From Foundation of Ventura County Credit Union
- Octave Chooses Adalane Media Group To Drive Therapy and Coaching Sessions for Clients' Emotional
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics® Now Has Cynosure's Synchro REPLA:Y, The World's Fastest and Most Powerful Alexandrite Laser Technology
- Which companies are using Erlang, and why? #MyTopdogStatus
- Stratum Nutrition Welcomes David Hoover as Marketing Coordinator
- AccessLex Institute to Serve as Title Sponsor of National Pre-Law Diversity Initiatives, Inc.'s Outreach Events
- How much happiness do you want? How much can you handle?
- How To Quickly Configure Surveys, Charts and Reports in GravityForms in WordPress ?
- New study looks at whether your business writing is effective
- Rachel Racz Joins Amalgam: The Blockchain Company As Vice President
- San Jose: Public Review Draft MND: 1605 Industrial Avenue
- BellSouth email password reset
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation 9.12.19
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 9.12.19
- Ontario's Southland Symphony Orchestra opens 9th anniversary season with "Pictures at an Exhibition"
- Of Mice & Men Release Music Video for New Single 'Taste of Regret'