The text of the proclamation is below:
Eighteen years ago today, our nation watched in horror as Al-Qaeda terrorists hijacked four commercial airliners and directed them towards major American institutions, including the World Trade Center, Pentagon and the United States Capitol.
Every year since, we have observed September 11 as Patriot Day to honor both the nearly three thousand individuals who lost their lives that tragic day and the men and women who bravely responded to the attacks. Each year, we remember those who lost their lives, the memory of those who sacrificed their lives for others, and those who have been forever marked by this moment in history. We also recognize the debt we owe to the first responders – continuing to ensure that they are provided with care for the ongoing health impact of their service during the fateful recovery period.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: Statement from Mayor London Breed on Supreme Court's Decision on Public Charge Rule
- L.A. County Board of Supervisors Candidates Pitch Ideas to Tackle Housing, Homelessness and Child Welfare Challenges at Jan. 31 Forum
- New Music and New Artist Spotlight " SASQUATCH JOSH"
- Remembering Kobe Candlelight Vigil and Song Tribute
- New article by cosmetic surgeon Mitchell Cohen, Stress Management Can Help You Live a Better Life
On this somber anniversary, I urge Californians to give meaning to the phrase "Never Forget," to mourn for those we lost and continue to support those who rushed toward danger that day. I have ordered all flags on state buildings to be flown at half-staff.
NOW THEREFORE I, GAVIN NEWSOM, Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim September 11, 2019, as Patriot Day.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 11th day of September 2019.
Governor of California
Secretary of State
Latest on The Californer
- Octobotic Corp announces Brian Sucher CFO Service,RRBB CPA ,Ross Carmel ESQ,Ahead of GCC
- Singer-Songwriter Liz Kennedy Releases Single "Hello Romance" ahead of Valentines Day festivities
- ATEN Announces Cooperation with Bosch for New Generation of Meeting Technology
- Thought Provoking Consulting announces new hires to its 3D Digital Transformation practice
- Duke University Health System Joins LeanTaaS to Deliver Keynote at OR Business Management Conference
- SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- Home Helpers of San Mateo County Receives 2020 Best of Home Care - Leader in Excellence Award
- AAFD Welcomes The Independent Association of BurgerIM Franchisees
- Taking Control versus Asking Permission - "Skills to Back Yourself"
- Andrew Jones first-ever Collections Curated by Designers of Distinction auction will be held Feb 23
- PhaseZero CxCommerce™ Platform Named Top 10 Technology Solution Provider by Retail CIO Outlook Magazine
- Why is on-demand mobile app development the need of the moment?
- JFK Air Cargo EXPO 2020 Finalized
- 360 Show Time Launches Free Channels on RokuTV
- GDCA Inc. and Radisys Strike Partnership to Indefinitely Extend the Life of Legacy Products
- CleverTap Appoints Prashant Parashar as Chief Human Resources Officer English English
- "Rorschach Fest" at Open Fist Theatre Company
- California: Statement from Governor Newsom and First Partner Newsom on Death of Basketball Legend Kobe Bryant
- Certificate Program in Leadership in the Creation Spirituality Tradition
- Women win the night at USC Libraries Scripter Awards