- Sinaloa Cartel Embraces Diversity and Inclusion in the Post-Chapo Era
- Bioscience industry leader Guillermo Zuñiga receives honorary doctorate at Cal State LA Commencement
- City of Long Beach Seeks Feedback on Procurement Process Via Vendor Engagement Survey
"Yana's deep connection to communities, her strong track record as an environmental attorney in holding polluters accountable, and her commitment to bringing diverse interests together make her uniquely matched to the challenges facing California," said Governor Newsom. "She is a strategic and compassionate leader who played a central role in helping communities gain access to safe and affordable drinking water. Yana is known nationally as a groundbreaking environmentalist who has lifted up the voices of tribal nations, U.S.-Mexico border communities, and those struggling on the frontlines of the battle for environmental justice. I look forward to working with Yana to implement our ambitious environmental agenda with the knowledge that she is resolute in her commitment to ensuring a California for all."
More on The Californer
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia
- Pettit Kohn Welcomes Esteemed Attorney John E. Drazkowski to the Arizona Team
- Forge Global CFO to Present at the Upcoming 43rd Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- Leading Business Events Management Company, PRA Acquires Weil & Associates
- TVS Television Network In Production for 'Music Movie' No Mas With Principal Shooting in New Mexico
Secretary Blumenfeld, who has led the California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA) since 2019, will go on to serve as the inaugural President of the Waverley Street Foundation, a new global climate change nonprofit focused on community-driven climate solutions.
"From day one of my administration, Jared has led the charge to implement California's nation-leading environmental agenda, from driving our efforts to protect public health and the environment to advancing environmental justice and our efforts to fight the climate crisis," said Governor Newsom. "His bold leadership, innovative partnerships and unwavering focus on the most-impacted communities have been key to our success on pressing issues that Californians care deeply about – including expanding access to safe and affordable drinking water, accelerating the cleanup of toxic pollution in vulnerable communities, and advancing environmental protections that will clean our air and water for generations to come. I know that Jared will continue to be a dynamic force for change in the fight to tackle pollution and forge a cleaner, greener future for our state and the world."
More on The Californer
- "Sensory VoiceHub 2.0: Rapid Custom Voice UI Dev & Prototyping with Generative AI"
- California: Illegal Book Bans: Governor Newsom, Attorney General Bonta, and State Superintendent Thurmond Warn Against Book Bans Statewide
- INshed Now Offers Nationwide Shipping of Fully-Assembled, Eco-Friendly Backyard Offices
- Canada's Wildfires Are A Sign Of The Times; Dealing With Their Aftermath
- MB2 Entertainment to offer summer-long Backyard BBQ specials
Amelia Yana Garcia Gonzalez, 38, of Oakland, has served as Special Assistant Attorney General in the California Attorney General's Office since 2021. She was Deputy Secretary for Environmental Justice, Tribal Affairs and Border Relations at the California Environmental Protection Agency from 2019 to 2021, where she was Assistant Secretary for Environmental Justice and Tribal Affairs from 2017 to 2019. Garcia Gonzalez was an Attorney at Earthjustice from 2015 to 2017, and at Communities for a Better Environment from 2013 to 2015. She was a Legal Research Attorney at the San Francisco County Superior Court from 2012 to 2013, and a post-graduate Law Clerk at Kazan, McClain, Lyons, Greenwood and Harley, A Professional Law Corporation from 2011 to 2012. Garcia Gonzalez earned a Juris Doctor degree from the Northeastern University School of Law. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $232,858. Garcia Gonzalez is a Democrat.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- STARS Academy School - Arts-Integrated Education: Now Accepting Applications for Fourth Year
- Introducing the New Heard & Grace Father's Day Subscription Box Set
- Nationwide Boiler Donates Record Amount After Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Artificial Intelligence System Predicts Consequences of Gene Modifications
- Ohio County Commission President & Founder of the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame, Alicia Reece, Announces Grand Opening of New Tourism Attraction
- New York Komedians Presents an Evening of Laughs at Broadway
- Bosco Tech to Host Commencement Exercises on June 3
- Predibase Empowers Any Engineer to Build Their Own GPT With Support for Large Language Models; Expands Series A Funding to $28M
- The Art of the Story: An Artist's Look Back At The Events Influencing America and the World
- Redefining Professional Spaces: The Rise of Dual-Purpose Backyard Office Sheds in America
- Pasternack Introduces New VITA 67 Multi-Port Connector Blocks
- MassContact AI: The World's 1st ChatGPT Based Multi-Autoresponder
- Registration is Now Open for the 2023 CGI Integrated Care Conference
- StrikeReady Wins Gold for Startup Achievement of the Year at 2023 Globee Awards for Information Technology
- Café Valley Bakery Debuts Mini Cupcakes at the International Dairy Deli Bakery Association Show
- Studeo dévoile StudAI : l'Intelligence Artificielle au service de l'éducation
- Dance Returns to the Nate Holden Performing Arts Center, June 16-17
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of Comerica Incorporated (CMA) on Behalf of Investors
- San Jose: Notice of Availability of a Draft SEIR for the South Fourth Street Project
- California: Governor Newsom Grants Executive Clemency