- Sinaloa Cartel Embraces Diversity and Inclusion in the Post-Chapo Era
- Bioscience industry leader Guillermo Zuñiga receives honorary doctorate at Cal State LA Commencement
- City of Long Beach Seeks Feedback on Procurement Process Via Vendor Engagement Survey
"Cleaning the air we breathe. Protecting our communities from the harmful impacts of the oil industry. Accelerating California's clean energy future. Each of these actions on their own are monumental steps to tackling the climate crisis – but California isn't waiting a minute longer to get them done. We're taking all of these major actions now in the most aggressive push on climate this state has ever seen because later is too late. Together with the Legislature's leadership, the progress we make on the climate crisis this year will be felt for generations – and the impact will spread far beyond our borders. California will continue blazing a trail for America and the rest of the world on the swift and meaningful actions necessary for cutting carbon pollution, protecting communities and leading the clean energy future."
The Governor's climate proposals include:
- Codifying statewide carbon neutrality goal to dramatically reduce climate pollution
- Establishes a clear, legally binding, and achievable goal for California to achieve statewide carbon neutrality as soon as possible, and no later than 2045.
- Ramping up our 2030 climate ambition
- Adopts a more aggressive 2030 greenhouse gas emissions reduction target – going from 40% to 55% below the 1990 level.
- Protecting communities from the harmful impacts of the oil industry
- Establishes a setback distance of 3,200 feet between any new oil well and homes, schools, or parks.
- Ensures comprehensive pollution controls for existing oil wells within 3,200 feet of these facilities.
- Establishing pathway toward state's clean energy future
- Creates clean electricity targets of 90% by 2035 and 95% by 2040 with the intent of advancing the state's trajectory to the existing 100% clean electricity retail sales by 2045 goal.
- Advancing natural and engineered technologies to remove carbon pollution
- Establishes a clear regulatory framework for carbon removal and carbon capture, utilization and sequestration.
- Requires the state to develop an achievable carbon removal target for natural and working lands.
Earlier today, Governor Newsom joined the Governors of New York and Washington in applauding the House after it passed the Inflation Reduction Act, which includes $369 billion in funding to tackle the climate crisis and secure America's energy future.
More on The Californer
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia
- Pettit Kohn Welcomes Esteemed Attorney John E. Drazkowski to the Arizona Team
- Forge Global CFO to Present at the Upcoming 43rd Annual William Blair Growth Stock Conference
- Leading Business Events Management Company, PRA Acquires Weil & Associates
- TVS Television Network In Production for 'Music Movie' No Mas With Principal Shooting in New Mexico
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Californer
- Water.Bodies.Land brings leading Bay Area artists together in celebration of the black female body – Live At Somarts – July 14 & 15
- Entrinsik Appoints Madhavi W. Chandra as Chief Product Officer
- Golden Ticket Productions Launches New Website
- "On the Los Angeles Road" with Earl Ofari Hutchinson Presents Fascinating Exploration of Los Angeles
- Perfect Ffit: the new mobile game that puts your timing and strategy skills to the test. Can you get a Perfect Fit?
- BRIAN MAY + FRIENDS: "STAR FLEET PROJECT" Special 40th Anniversary Edition
- Maze Therapeutics to Participate in the 2023 Jefferies Healthcare Conference
- Aquia Launches Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Security Assessment Offering, Pairing Automation With Deep Cloud Security Expertise
- Black Cat Artist-in-Residency Program Nurtures Musicians' Bellies & Souls
- UserGems Enables Companies to Generate More Revenue with Enhanced Account Tracking
- Orbex Launches New ZERO Spread Trading Account with $1 Commission per Side
- Grace Cathedral Welcomes Genre-Defining Virtuoso Vocalist Bobby McFerrin as the 2023 Artist in Residence
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against U-Haul Holding Company and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm
- Who is this Gavin White Recording Artist
- Alpha Gold Fund Receives Recognition Of Excellence Awards
- STARS Academy School - Arts-Integrated Education: Now Accepting Applications for Fourth Year
- Introducing the New Heard & Grace Father's Day Subscription Box Set
- Nationwide Boiler Donates Record Amount After Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Artificial Intelligence System Predicts Consequences of Gene Modifications
- Ohio County Commission President & Founder of the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame, Alicia Reece, Announces Grand Opening of New Tourism Attraction