- Unveiling Puptqe: First-Ever Dog Bar Opening in Temecula Promenade This November
- Leonardo Defense Systems receives new investment and expands Team
- Supply Chain Industry Leaders: Embrace AI or Get Left Behind
Governor Newsom said, "Investing in and growing our health care workforce is critical to the health and safety of Californians. As the entire United States faces a health care worker shortage, the CalGrows initiative is yet another tool California is using to ensure our health care workforce remains strong by providing opportunities to those already caring for loved ones."
CalGrows is grounded in the recognition that direct care jobs can be a gateway into a variety of personal and professional advancement opportunities. The program brings together dozens of training providers offering hundreds of virtual and in-person courses for caregivers across California. Courses cover a range of topics, including Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementia, Cultural Diversity, Food Safety, Infection Control, Provider, and Consumer communication and more, with courses available in multiple languages.
More on The Californer
- USA Green Card Celebrates the State Department's Historic Inclusion of the UK in the DV-2025 Green Card Lottery
- Oxnard College's Camarillo-Based Fire Academy Opens New Facility
- You're invited to Monogram International's booth (#265) at New York Toy Fair
- RBB Bancorp Announces Termination of Agreement to Acquire Gateway Bank, F.S.B.
- Yo Egg to Unveil Exclusive Plant-Based Quail-Sized Egg at the Vkind Experience
Susan DeMarois, Director of the California Department of Aging said "CalGrows training courses empower caregivers across California to learn valuable skills to improve the lives of those in their care and help further their careers. As California's population ages, we'll need hundreds of thousands more direct care workers. The CalGrows program is an important milestone toward ensuring the state has the home care aides, care managers, dementia care specialists, activities coordinators, and other important roles necessary to support our aging population."
Dr. Mark Ghaly from the California Health & Human Services Agency added "Care workers are more likely to be women and people of color who are also at a higher risk for age-related illnesses. CalGrows demonstrates the State's commitment to support caregivers as well as those they care for by providing training in six languages at launch with more added soon as well as career growth opportunities. This program is essential to help California achieve our goals in the Master Plan for Aging: To build a California for all ages and abilities."
More on The Californer
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of GigaCloud Technology Inc. (GCT) on Behalf of Investors
- California Increases Minimum Wage, Protections for Fast-Food Workers
- Do Grandparents Make Good Parents?
- RNA and DNA Endonuclease from Serratia marcescens
- Cardless Unveils Enhanced Simon Card with 5% Cash Back at Every Store At Simon Centers
The Workforce for a Healthy California Initiative is part of a broader strategy by the state government to build a health workforce that represents its diverse communities while addressing growing shortages throughout its health system. It comes from an investment from 2022-23 state budget worth over $1 billion dollars.
Through CalGrows individuals can build their skill sets while also being eligible for financial incentives which can help them further their careers or retain experienced caregivers for older adults or people with disabilities. Registration is open now on www.calgrows.org where most courses are available online with others offered in person which can be searched by topic location language or incentive type
The launch of this program will help ensure that Californians have access to quality healthcare services while also providing job opportunities for those looking after loved ones or wanting to enter into healthcare professions
Latest on The Californer
- Aldelo Announces Updated Onboarding Process for Direct Integration with DoorDash Platform
- California Expands Access and Protections for Reproductive Health Care
- Phe - Pro - Arg - Chloromethylketone
- United Security Bancshares Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Green Office Partner Ranks on the Inc. 5000 Annual List of the Fastest Growing Companies in America
- Office Calgary Inc, announces office expansion plans
- Halloween Reminders for Parents
- BYD Motors, Cox Automotive Announce Groundbreaking Service Partnership in U.S. Market
- PCV Murcor Employees and PCV|VRM Seeds of Hope Donates to Maui Strong Fund
- Cruise, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute present groundbreaking study establishing a human driving safety benchmark
- Rubio's Coastal Grill Launches New & Improved Mobile App
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Gala--November 4 At The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library
- PFW Recap: CHOCHENG Spring/Summer 2024 Les Parapluies De CHOCHENG
- The New Trace One Ushers in a New Era for CPG and Retail Product Innovation
- Design and development of a minimalistic fashion photography website
- Why PerfectionGeeks is the Best Dapp Development Company
- Adjust's New Growth Score Metric Reveals Worldwide User Acquisition Opportunities For Mobile App Marketers And Developers USA - English USA - English
- Zumigo Announces Record Business Growth as Industry Demand for its Mobile Identity Authentication Products Surges
- Jade Ann Byrne Unleashes Country Magic Raincheck my Cock-A-Doodle-Do
- Cloudflare and Meta Collaborate to Make Llama 2 Available Globally