- Atrium Raises $13.5 Million to Revolutionize Data-Driven Sales Management
- Pfizer Donating 1 Million Naloxone Doses to Direct Relief for Life-Saving Opioid Overdose Reversal
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom today released his latest "On the Record" column highlighting the state's efforts to administer COVID-19 vaccines quickly and equitably across the state and urging Californians to get vaccinated when it is their turn.
"We're working to ensure that the communities most impacted by COVID-19 – so often the communities of color and essential workers who have been sustaining us through this crisis – can access the vaccine," wrote the Governor in his column. "We're investing in community-based organizations and partnering with trusted messengers who have been providing critical services and information to California's diverse communities during the pandemic so that they can help educate, motivate and activate people to get vaccinated when it's their turn. We're also building messaging through a public education campaign, creating in-language content with cultural humility and meeting Californians where they are."
More on The Californer
- A Urban Morgan Productions Inc. debuts its latest feature film "Deception," directed by Justin Williams
- Public Review Draft Addendum: 600 S 1st Street (Scape San Jose, formerly known as Garden Gate Tower)
- AUA College of Medicine, Carson-Newman University Pen Admissions Agreement
- San Francisco: Statement from Mayor London Breed on Guilty Verdict in Trial of Derek Chauvin
- Legion Partners Issues Letter to Genesco's Board Regarding Its Decision to Delay the Company's 2021 Annual Meeting
Click here to read the latest column.
The Governor underscored the safety and efficacy of the vaccines in use in California, which have been reviewed by the Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup made up of nationally acclaimed scientists with expertise in immunization and public health. The Governor also reaffirmed that the vaccines are free, even for undocumented Californians and those who don't have health insurance, and that the President has confirmed there will be no immigration enforcement operations conducted at or near vaccination sites.
The work of community-based organizations (CBOs) as trusted messengers to drive adoption of the safe and effective vaccines is vital to the state's strategy in administering vaccines equitably. California has expanded its statewide network of community-based organizations providing critical COVID outreach and education – in total, $52.7 million has supported 337 community-based organizations throughout California. The state has deployed mobile vaccination clinics at community centers, places of worship and health clinics to provide access in disproportionally impacted communities. The state is working with local and community partners to provide supports and culturally competent information to California's diverse communities during the pandemic, including through paid and earned media efforts with ethnic media.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Disney Star Devan Leos Is Using Social Media to Support Charities
- SKB Releases 5 New R Series Sizes, STAC Cases Optimized for Palletized Shipping
- Who Should Own the Covid-19 Vaccine
- Iris Automation Announces Availability of Groundbreaking Detect and Avoid System, Casia X, with Enhanced 360 Degree Performance
All Californians can sign up on myturn.ca.gov to be notified when they are eligible for a vaccine. Eligible individuals in several counties, including Los Angeles, San Diego, Fresno and San Francisco, can also use My Turn to schedule an appointment, with more counties expected to begin using My Turn for scheduling in the coming weeks. My Turn is also accessible via a toll-free hotline at 1-833-422-4255. Operators speak English and Spanish, and third-party interpretation is also available in 250+ languages.
Latest on The Californer
- NBA Veteran Wilson Chandler Makes History by Signing First-Ever Completely Virtual Shoe Deal
- Resolution Introduced in New York City Council Calls on the United States to Endorse United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- BRS Media's dotFM Is the First Premier Top-Level Domain Registry to Accept Dogecoin
- Beer Dispenser Market To Register 3.6% CAGR By 2028 Based On Shift Of Consumer Preference Towards Staying Indoors During the COVID-19 Pandemic Situation | Million Insights
- Absortech breaks new sustainable ground
- Housing Is A Human Right Hails Withdrawal of Dr. Drew's Nomination to LAHSA Panel
- YMS Services Remains Dedicated to Providing Top-Rated Locksmith Services to the LA Community
- Newegg Shoppers Can Now Pay with Dogecoin
- Long Beach: Over 50%
- Columbus Software Engineering Division Appraised at CMMI Level 3
- BYD and SMART Union Applaud Biden Administration Plan to Build Back Better
- Dahua Technology Releases Lineup of 2-wire IP Video Intercom Products
- Pyruvate Carboxylase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Medicare Advantage Statistics Resource Initiated By Medicare Insurance Association
- Rambus Joins DARPA Toolbox Initiative with State-of-the-Art Security and Interface IP
- Inframark Acquires Environmental Development Partners
- Applications for San Francisco's $3 Million Music and Entertainment Venue Fund to Open April 21
- Singer Linda Imperial Releases New Single "Just Right" From Latest EP 'Heart Rock'
- ResortNet Completes Installation Of Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) to Rural Colorado Residential Community
- Metropolitan Launches Multilingual Classes on Planting, Care of California Friendly® Landscaping