- Leonardo Defense Systems receives new investment and expands Team
- Unveiling Puptqe: First-Ever Dog Bar Opening in Temecula Promenade This November
- Latest 8x8 Research Reveals IT and Contact Center Leaders Embrace Conversational AI or Fear Falling Behind
Mayor Rex Richardson expressed his pride in continuing to offer access to life-changing services and connections to resources through the MACs. "The deployment of the second MAC will allow us to engage with and assist even more people experiencing homelessness" he said.
The new schedule includes both MAC vehicles stationed at various locations from 9 a.m. to noon on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays as well as from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Locations include MacArthur Park near the basketball courts, Orizaba Park parking spots located along Orizaba Avenue, Christian Outreach in Action parked on Linden Avenue, Scherer Park parked on the east side of the park in the parking lot off Atlantic Avenue near the Long Beach Police Department North Division Station and many more.
More on The Californer
- AHF Honors and Remembers Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Save the Date! Long Beach to Host Festive Street Parade in Celebration of Día de Los Muertos
- TVS Flashback Network Adds Love American Style, Operation Petticoat, and Murphy Brown to Fall Sked
- IEI Releases AFL4-EHL Series Panel PC to Provide Versatile, Cost-effective Solutions
- AETH and BTOP, Two First-of-their-Kind Ethereum Futures ETFs From Bitwise, Intend to Launch October 2
As of Sept 12th, 2,225 recorded engagements with people experiencing homelessness have been made through the MACs with services provided to 1,275 people including referral and transport to shelter, enrollment into homeless services system and connections to community resources and basic services.
For more information on how Long Beach is reducing homelessness visit longbeach.gov/homelessness or follow @lbhealthdept or @longbeachcity on social media using hashtag #EveryoneHomeLB for updates. Media inquiries may be directed to City of Long Beach Joint Information Center at 562-570-NEWS or JIC@longbeach.gov
Latest on The Californer
- AMAZON TEAMSTERS PICKET TWO L.A. WAREHOUSES OVER UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES
- California: Governor Newsom on the Passing of U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Mission Cloud Named to 2023 Best Workplaces in Technology List
- Bitwise Files Form 8-As for Two New Ethereum Futures ETFs, AETH and BTOP; Funds Intend To Begin Trading on Monday, October 2
- Step Up Announces Return of Inspiration Awards
- Global Luxury Value Exchange, Idoneus, Transitions to 100% IDON Transactions
- Swiss-Based Enclustra Announces US Operations in San Diego to Realize the Full Potential of Embedded Chip Technologies
- Faraday Future Announces its Outline for October FF 91 2.0 Deliveries as Part of its Ongoing 'Delivery Co-Creation Day' Plan and Provides Business Update
- Long Beach Showcases Key Growth Opportunities in City's Emerging Business Sectors at Inaugural Grow Long Beach Presentation
- Atrium 916 to Launch Zero Waste Mobile Art Cafe- with Sunset Paint & Sip on the River
- 'The Music Box' by Joanna Thorn
- USA Green Card Celebrates the State Department's Historic Inclusion of the UK in the DV-2025 Green Card Lottery
- Oxnard College's Camarillo-Based Fire Academy Opens New Facility
- You're invited to Monogram International's booth (#265) at New York Toy Fair
- RBB Bancorp Announces Termination of Agreement to Acquire Gateway Bank, F.S.B.
- Yo Egg to Unveil Exclusive Plant-Based Quail-Sized Egg at the Vkind Experience
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of GigaCloud Technology Inc. (GCT) on Behalf of Investors
- California Increases Minimum Wage, Protections for Fast-Food Workers
- Do Grandparents Make Good Parents?
- RNA and DNA Endonuclease from Serratia marcescens