- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Long-Term Care Insurance Expert Shares Annuity Planning Strategy
Mayor Rex Richardson said, "I'm proud that we are expanding the Long Beach Pledge to a second cohort of families in West and North Long Beach. We're giving vulnerable families in our city direct financial support that will help them pay for needs like housing, bills, groceries, and emergencies. That can make a big difference in helping folks stay afloat throughout the new year."
The online application for the second cohort will be available in early January at longbeachpledge.org/apply and will be available in English, Spanish, Khmer and Tagalog. Applicants without computer or smartphone access may visit a public computer lab at any open Long Beach Public Library location and can receive computer assistance from Library staff at the Family Learning Centers at Billy Jean King Main Library and Michelle Obama Library. Selected applicants will be notified in early 2024 and payments are anticipated to begin in spring 2024.
More on The Californer
- Exciting News: "Long Live the Baron" Soars into Top 200 on Amazon Bookstore
- Evolus to Participate in Upcoming Leerink Partners and Barclays Investor Conferences
- Discover the Jowl Lift: a non-invasive facial procedure created by Dr. Paulo Martin
- Socket Mobile Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Results Release Date and Conference Call
- New Book Challenges AI Implementations
In order to be eligible for this program, households must have dependent children and gross household income (before taxes) of 100% or less of the federal poverty level; they must also reside within one of five zip codes: 90802, 90804, 90805,90806, and 90810. Those who do not meet these criteria can find out about other available resources through the Resource Line by calling 562.570.4246.
The funding for this expansion was made possible by the Long Beach Recovery Act with $1.2 million allocated through the City's local homelessness emergency proclamation; this is an effort to implement additional upstream homelessness prevention strategies as one of the City's identified goals established at the start of the emergency was "to invest in innovative solutions to prevent families from becoming homeless" according to Alison King, Acting Director of the Department of Health and Human Services.
At their December 5th meeting, The Long Beach City Council approved with a 7-0 vote to extend contracts with Fund for Guaranteed Income and California State University, Long Beach Research Foundation which are required to expand this program; these contracts were previously announced back in November 2022 when applications opened up for their first cohort which had 2,800 applications received with 250 single-headed families with children selected from 90813 zip code area alone whose households are made up of 937 total members including 583 children receiving payments through April 2024 as planned.
More on The Californer
- MashUp presents 8th Annual International Women's Day Dance Festival
- Rocky Michaels releases his latest official music video, 'Seasons'
- City Encourages Long Beach Residents Enrolled in the U.S. Affordable Connectivity Program to Review Internet Bill as Program Funding Nears Completion
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow
The Department of Economic Development is leading this pilot program while overseeing all activity with Fund for Guaranteed Income (F4GI) facilitating payment and administrative platform as well as informing participants about additional supportive services while managing disbursement of monthly payments via four payment options; California State University is conducting research on both cohorts evaluating its impact on low-income families through randomized control trial by their foundation as well as providing resources and support for some our most vulnerable families during recovery after pandemic according to Bo Martinez who is Director of Department of Economic Development .
More information about The Long Beach Pledge can be found on their website longbeachpledge.org/.
Latest on The Californer
- "Unlock the Blueprint to Success: Morgan Mayfield's Latest Book Delivers Proven Strategies for Realtors to Achieve 6-Figure-Plus Success
- Faraday Future Announces Reverse Stock Split and Authorized Share Reduction
- Zepp Health Unveils Zepp OS 3.5 with Zepp Flow™, Powered by Large Language Model AI, Pioneering the Next Generation of Wearable Intelligence Devices at MWC Barcelona 2024
- Mednition Appoints Deena Brecher as Chief Nursing Officer, Pioneering Commitment to Nurse-First Artificial Intelligence
- Industry Atom Joins BigCommerce Agency Partner Program
- DRA Family Office Acquires privateequityweekly.com
- "Love Separated in Life...Love Reunited In Honor" Film Screening in D.C With Bay Area Artists Hope Briggs and Lawrence Beamen & ATL's Sylvia Camille
- Revolutionize Your Digital Presence with Marketers Directory
- Virtual staining of unlabeled autopsy tissue using AI
- Attention every Business in the Universe:Want to make a lot more money? Start using this Math TODAY
- California: Governor Newsom's Second Day in DC Focuses on Immigration, Homelessness, and the Tijuana River
- Public Review Draft EIR: Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center (File Nos. PDC23-006, PD23-002 and ER23-005) Draft Environmental Impact Report
- Multi-Platinum Songwriter Harold Payne Releases New Inspirational Anthem
- Holman UMC Senior Pastor Heads to Hampton University
- **Redapple Digital Health, Inc. Shines at Startup Game Changer Event in Garden Grove**
- YMCA's Model United Nations For Middle Schoolers Begins March 6
- Orca Bio Presents Promising Data on Orca-T in Two Oral Presentations at the 2024 Tandem Meetings of ASTCT® and CIBMTR®
- Expat Tax Tools Introduces Hassle-Free IRS Form 8621 Preparation Service for Taxpayers
- Music Reports® Names Jason Walker Chief Executive Officer and Announces Other Senior Leadership Promotions USA - English USA - English
- CIBC Innovation Banking Provides Growth Capital to InsightRX