San Francisco has over 99,000 registered small businesses, who employ more than 354,000 people. Small businesses make up more than 95% of registered City businesses. A one percent increase in spending at local restaurants and retailers would generate an additional $113 million for the San Francisco economy.
"San Francisco's unique and diverse small businesses help make our city such a great place to live in," said Mayor Breed. "This holiday season and all year round, we want you to shop local and have a pleasant and safe experience while doing so. When you shop at your local small businesses you are helping keep our City vibrant while supporting entrepreneurs and family-owned stores."
"Our neighborhood small businesses are a core part of what makes San Francisco special and they need our support, especially around the holidays as more and more people shop online," said Supervisor Mandelman. "I am thrilled that this year's Shop & Dine in the 49 will be kicking off in the Castro and I hope visitors will enjoy all of the neighborhood's unique local shops and delicious restaurants."
More on The Californer
- San Jose: : San José Happy Hollow's Lemur Pup Named "Koa"
- BYD Institutes Stringent Safety Protocols as it Reopens Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Plant in Cali
- San Francisco: Statement from Mayor London Breed on Lifting the Curfew on June 4th at 5 AM
- "Days of Our Lives" Star, Shawn Christian, Shares His Keys to Confidence with Suzanne Sena
- Sit Down With Nude Envie's CEO & Founder Isabel Madison
"The holidays provide the perfect opportunity to explore the vitality of our City and support the diverse, hard-working, independent small businesses that offer one of a kind San Francisco experiences that energize our neighborhoods," said Joaquín Torres, Director of the Office of Economic and Workforce Development. "We encourage you to shop and dine locally, engage your community and strengthen our small businesses that make this holiday season special."
Shop and Dine in the 49 is a public-private partnership developed by the Mayor's Office with the Office of Economic and Workforce Development, Shop Small Saturday, and the Office of Small Business in partnership with local business groups including the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce.
ParkSmart! is a public awareness campaign designed to remind residents, visitors, and shoppers to take valuables with them rather than leaving them in their vehicles. The Park Smart! campaign was designed by the San Francisco Police Department to help reduce the number of car break-ins in the city and stop crime before it starts.
"San Francisco offers a vibrant, diverse shopping experience," said San Francisco Police Chief William Scott. "We encourage everyone to patronize our city's merchants during this holiday season. Please remember to Park Smart when shopping by leaving nothing visible in your car and, when possible, park in an attended lot. We'll also have increased foot patrols, plainclothes officers and mounted units out in our city to deter crime and provide assistance."
More on The Californer
- Author Reid Ashbaucher Develops New PowerPoint® Aid for Educational Use to Teach Eschatology from a Dispensational Theology Perspective
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order on Safe, Secure and Accessible General Election in November
- DemandDynamics launches On Demand Services to support Microsoft Dynamics 365 customers
- SiliconExpert Celebrates 20th Anniversary with Launch of new SaaS Platform and Services for Parts, Bill-of-Materials, and Supply Chain Management
- Pride Month: Latinx Podcast "De Pueblo, Católico y Gay" celebrates two-year anniversary
"San Francisco has shops and restaurants you simply cannot find anywhere else in the world," said Rodney Fong, President and CEO, San Francisco Chamber of Commerce. "The inclusiveness, innovation, and inspiration of our local businesses is astounding. There is a shopping and dining adventure waiting for you in every one of our neighborhoods."
"Shop and Dine in the 49 is great for all San Franciscans," said Small Business Commissioner Stephen Adams. "Get out and explore all of the neighborhoods not just during the holidays but year-round. Check out a part of town where you have not been in a while or never been, to see all this great city has to offer. The diversity and richness that makes us that special place we call San Francisco."
"As a new, small business owner, I could not be prouder to be a part of our San Francisco business community and to serve my friends and neighbors here in the Castro," said Seth Morrison, owner of STAG & MANOR. "Our goal at STAG & MANOR is to represent the best style and values of San Francisco, and we gain our inspiration from the beautiful diversity and inclusion that makes San Francisco the unique jewel that it is."
The City and the Castro Merchants Association hosted the San Francisco Lesbian/Gay Freedom band at the Corner of Castro and Market on Saturday, November 30th at 1:00pm in celebration of Small Business Saturday. Shop and Dine in the 49 is also a sponsor of the Bayview Makers Mashup Market, a pop-up craft fair, which was on November 30th from 11:00am until 4:00pm at Public Glass, 1750 Armstrong Ave.
Latest on The Californer
- Pfizer Supports the Human Growth Foundation's Virtual 5K Run & Walk for Kids' Growth
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- MAAT Completes Trilogy With New LP EQ
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- Calling All Unicorns: Become Protectors Of The Rainbow!
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- SEEAG And Growers Provide Over 4,000 Bags Of Fresh Produce To Local Farm Workers
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #2 - Protest Safety
- Omnichain™ Adds Jeff Kroeker as Vice President of Sales & Business Development
- ATEC Expands Amplifier Rental Inventory with the AE Techron 8500 Series
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- Lexus Vehicle Protection Plan from autopom! Offering Automotive Peace of Mind
- Axiomtek's Powerful Fanless Embedded System with Flexible I/O Window Design - eBOX640-521-FL
- GoDog Sports Announces Launch of CommunityStream Live Streaming Video Service for Churches, Places of Worship, Local Governments and Community Events
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- The Clarissa Manuel Foundation collects donations for Covid-19 relief efforts
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony