- In The Spirit Entertainment Announces Love And Sip 3 Holiday Event In Dallas Texas
- TVS Buckboard Network.Com Adds Jim Bowie, Kit Carson, Big Valley, and Restless Gun to Schedule
- California: Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup Expands Eligibility for Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna Vaccine Booster Shots to All 18 and Older
This Thursday, October 15, the City of San José will provide two cooling centers at two community centers from 1-9 p.m.
On Friday, October 16, three cooling centers will open at two community centers and a library from 1-9 p.m. for all locations.
|Who:||The Department of Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services and the San José Public Library provide residents with a cool place to beat the heat projected through Friday, Oct. 16.|
|Background:||The National Weather Service issued a Heat Advisory for Thursday, Oct. 15 through Friday. Designated San José community centers and a library branch (Friday, October 16 only) will serve as "cooling centers" during this time period.|
More on The Californer
Due to current COVID-19 County Health Orders, capacity will be limited. Residents who visit a cooling center must follow all county guidelines, including maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet from others, wearing a face mask, and staying home if they are sick. For the safety of staff and other cooling center visitors, a simple health screen will be performed. The screening consists of taking a visitor's temperature with an infrared thermometer, and a few simple yes or no questions.
To ensure access and maintain space, all large belongings, such as bicycles, should remain outside.
While cooling down, residents have access to bottled water, free Wi-Fi and outlets to charge devices.
For additional cooling tips, visit the Santa Clara County website bit.ly/heatsafetytipsSCC.
For regular updates, please visit www.sanjoseca.gov/prns or follow @sjparksandrec on Facebook and Twitter.
Latest on The Californer
- Artiste House is the New Agency on Record for Comedian Ayye Pap
- How to resolved Printer in Error State Problems
- Meet the Donner Tri-Pop, the Ingenious Three-string Guitar to Smooth your Learning Process
- IASO Biotheraputics' CT120 Granted Orphan Drug Designation by the U.S. FDA
- Ultra Heater 3 Reviews: Why high demand for Ultra Heater
- The City Of Las Vegas Recognizes Delirious Comedy Club Day, Dec. 2, At Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino
- SEO vs Paid Ads - Is it a Matter of Faster versus Better?
- 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Available Now in Burlington!
- Kinecta Federal Credit Union Hosted its 48th Annual Holiday Food Drive to Provide Much Needed Assistance and Cheer to Local Families
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Reminds Investors of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Tenet Fintech Group Inc. f/k/a Peak Fintech Group Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- TVS Classic Movie Network Goes to the Westerns This Holiday Season on WatchYour.TV, Powered by Tulix
- Heart-based living movement Giving Tuesday Initiative
- Otabo Gets In Step with Customers and Vendors with Centric PLM™
- Codigo 04 Takes Home the Season 25 Crown for EstrellaTV's Talent Competition Series "Tengo Talento, Mucho Talento"
- Powder Metallurgy Market Size Worth $5.02 Billion By 2028: Grand View Research, Inc.
- How do i get Marriott Hotel Quick Booking Method
- Mayor Breed announces 8th edition of "Shop and Dine in the 49" campaign to support local economy
- The Power of Gratitude Everyday Not Just Thanksgiving
- Mission MightyMe Gives Back and Announces Deals for Cyber Week
- Universal Music Group Launches Company's First-Ever Global Holiday Campaign