This Thursday, October 15, the City of San José will provide two cooling centers at two community centers from 1-9 p.m.
On Friday, October 16, three cooling centers will open at two community centers and a library from 1-9 p.m. for all locations.
|Who:||The Department of Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services and the San José Public Library provide residents with a cool place to beat the heat projected through Friday, Oct. 16.|
|Background:||The National Weather Service issued a Heat Advisory for Thursday, Oct. 15 through Friday. Designated San José community centers and a library branch (Friday, October 16 only) will serve as "cooling centers" during this time period.|
More on The Californer
Due to current COVID-19 County Health Orders, capacity will be limited. Residents who visit a cooling center must follow all county guidelines, including maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet from others, wearing a face mask, and staying home if they are sick. For the safety of staff and other cooling center visitors, a simple health screen will be performed. The screening consists of taking a visitor's temperature with an infrared thermometer, and a few simple yes or no questions.
To ensure access and maintain space, all large belongings, such as bicycles, should remain outside.
While cooling down, residents have access to bottled water, free Wi-Fi and outlets to charge devices.
For additional cooling tips, visit the Santa Clara County website bit.ly/heatsafetytipsSCC.
For regular updates, please visit www.sanjoseca.gov/prns or follow @sjparksandrec on Facebook and Twitter.
Latest on The Californer
- Regional Mexican + Reggaeton artists come together :Gustavo Palafox, Brray, Grupo Sigma & Fue
- Yes On Prop 24 Campaign Announces Endorsements From CA Black Newspapers And Prominent Community Leaders Like The NAACP
- 20 Amino Acids Kit (19 L-amino acids + Glycine)
- Biotin BSA (Biotinylated Bovine Serum Albumin)
- Orangutan Caring Week Nov. 8-14, 2020
- 500 Startups Appoints SHUAA Capital as an Advisor to its 500 Falcons I Fund
- Evil Under The Skin Trailer & Poster Stream To Scream Today
- Ashford University Faculty Member Receives Support Service Award from Association for Distance Education and Independent Learning
- PG&E PSPS Update: Essentially All Customers Who Can Receive Electric Service Are Now Restored
- Ashford University Courses Receive Honors from Association for Distance Education and Independent Learning
- San Jose: It's Paving Season!
- Fivetran Named One of the 2020 Best Small & Medium Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
- California: During Digital Roundtable with Leaders from Rural Communities, Governor Newsom Announces Release of $30.7 Million in Fifth Round of Homekey Awards
- California Secures Presidential Major Disaster Declaration to Support State's Response to Wildfires 10.16.20
- Bay Area Criminal Defense Attorney shares cocktail tutorial inspired by a punk song
- US Foods Workers In California Vote To Join Teamsters Local 63
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Exide Bankruptcy Ruling
- Cubic Wins Contract to Supply F-35 P5 Ground Subsystem for UK Ministry of Defence Training
- 2020 Top TERROR-ific Haunted Attractions In The U.S
- C2 Clean Beauty releases 2 new clay masks: Purifying Seaweed Mask and Exfoliating Jojoba Seed Mask