- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG1 Fab Fragment Cyanine 3 Conjugate
- Gambian Films Earn Prestigious Selection at Ohio Valley Festival for Filmmakers of Color
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
"This critical, ahead-of-schedule milestone helps us safely get Los Angeles' traffic moving in December," said Governor Newsom. "I'm grateful for Caltrans District 7's around-the-clock work to safely repair the 10 as quickly as possible. California is leveraging an all-of-government approach — working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — to get this done."
Caltrans District 7 Director Gloria Roberts expressed her pride in the efforts of her team. "I'm incredibly proud of the efforts Caltrans District 7 contractors, workers, engineers, and personnel are leading to deliver on this Herculean task," said Roberts. "Our crews won't stop working until the 10 is safely repaired and traffic is moving."
More on The Californer
- Governor Newsom Highlights Funding for Climate Change Resiliency Projects Across California
- The Major Hope Foundation Brings 'A Major Day of Hope To Los Angeles'
- Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (BRBS) Investor Notice: Robbins LLP Reminds Shareholders of Class Action Filed Against Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
- California Gets $70 Million in Federal Funding to Accelerate Salton Sea Restoration
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.8.23
The clearing of hazardous materials came two days ahead of schedule and approximately 264,000 cubic square feet of hazardous material and debris was removed from the site - enough to fill four Olympic-sized pools. On-site environmental monitoring is in place to fortify drains and ensure that every precaution is taken to contain area run-off due to incoming storms. An early evaluation of the site identified no highly toxic chemicals in the aftermath of the fire.
The state is taking an urgent all-of-government approach to fix the 10 Freeway with traffic estimated at upwards of 300,000 vehicles daily. Union crews are working around the clock to shore up support pillars damaged in the fire with hopes that repairs can be made without demolishing and rebuilding a 450 foot span which could take upwards of 6 months.
In response, Governor Newsom proclaimed a state of emergency in Los Angeles County last weekend which facilitates clean up and repair work as well as directs Caltrans to formally request assistance through Federal Highway Administration's Emergency Relief Program which has been submitted. Californians can visit FixThe10.ca.gov for updates and alternate routes while repairs are being made on this major artery in Los Angeles County.
Latest on The Californer
- Arcellx Announces Continued Robust Long-Term Responses from Its CART-ddBCMA (anito-cel) Phase 1 Expansion Trial in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma at ASH
- Feast of the Seven Fishes at Cibo Modern Mediterranean
- California: Governor Newsom Reaffirms Support for Updated Delta Conveyance Proposal
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Entry Deadline is January 12 for California Strawberry Festival Artwork Contest
- 1H-Benzotriazol-1-yloxytripyrrolidinophosphonium Hexafluorophosphate (Highly Pure)
- Open Networking & Edge Summit 2024 in Silicon Valley Extends CFP Deadline to December 17 and releases 2024 Ecosystem Predictions
- California Community College Expands with 17-Device Order
- Operation Bullpen Stan Fitzgerald hits back on political persecution with "The Fall of Deceit" now available for purchase
- Neberon Heated Gloves: Your Best Winter Companion for Christmas
- Joby, ANA Holdings Partner with Nomura Real Estate Development for Vertiports in Japan
- Zero Upfront Fee Website- Thinking About Starting A Business?
- Penny S. Tee, MBA: A Beacon of Peace Amidst Conflict
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.7.23
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- State Marks 100+ Water System Consolidations, Providing Safe Drinking Water for 90,000 Californians
- Chaos Loc Releases New Album "Life After Super Max"
- Joel Osman is Promoted to Partner at Parker Shaffie LLP
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan