- Mystic Braves' Julian Ducatenzeiler Chosen to Score Silent Film
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Signs Legislation to Launch $10.9 Million Grant Program for Small Businesses
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.9.21
"With California facing another extremely dry year, it is critical that we get a head start on reducing our fire risk. We are doing that by investing more than half a billion dollars on projects and programs that provide improved fire prevention for all parts of California.
"Key parts of the Administration's initial proposal have been supplemented by legislative ideas that will pay dividends over the years, such as greater investments in forest health projects, improvements on defensible space, home hardening against fires, fire prevention grants, and prevention workforce training. The plan includes public and private lands vegetation management, community-focused efforts for prevention and resilience and economic stimulus for the forestry economy.
More on The Californer
- CHAMIE is 'heating it up for everyone' early this year with new summer single!
- Premier Workspaces Capitalizes on Industry Distress, Plans to Add 100 Shared Workspace Locations
- agilon health Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #155 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- BYD Expands with Indianapolis Service Center
"Because we know that California's fires are not limited to forested lands, we have built in attention to all kinds of vulnerable terrain and vegetation, with incentives for prevention that protects larger numbers of residents.
"The $536 million funding packaging includes $125 million from Greenhouse Gas Reduction Funds and $411 million from the General Fund. We also hope to draw federal disaster prevention grants to match money spent on home hardening.
"We are pleased to have reached an agreement to get California quickly on the road to strong wildfire prevention, but we know more work is needed. This plan could not have been developed without the hard work of Assemblymembers Richard Bloom and Phil Ting, and Senators Bob Wieckowski, Susan Rubio, and Mike McGuire, among others. We anticipate additional benefits from discussions on the 2021-2022 budget."
Details on this funding package can be found in SB 85 and AB 79.
Latest on The Californer
- New Homes Coming to the Santa Clarita Valley with IHP Capital Partners' Land Sale to Lennar Homes
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- Distroller World Releases New Generation X-Clusive Nerlie Bobbol Goms
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- San Francisco to Reopen and Expand Additional Businesses and Activities
- 'Sommet Dame' Introduces New Editor-in-Chief
- Power Plus Productions® Announces Expansion with New Offices in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- New Relic Named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring for the Ninth Time
- Intellectual Property Litigator Christopher D. Bright Joins Orange County Office of Snell & Wilmer
- Steve Muehler – Bail Bonds Opening Delayed to Summer of 2021
- Cybersecurity Startup ActZero Completes Successful SOC 2 Type 1 Examination
- Ambrx Appoints Olivia Ware and Katrin Rupalla to its Board of Directors
- Continuous Voice, A Unique Technology Providing Utmost Reliability for Business Phone Calls, Now Available for All Ooma Connect Customers
- Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Market is Projected to Register 41.6% CAGR By 2025, Based on High Demand for EVs Globally | Million Insights
- Irish Singer/Songwriter Yelpy Set To Release His New Single Heartbeats
- Bitnine Launches AG Cloud Express: The Easiest Cloud-based Graph Database For Everyone
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 4.13.21
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Cloopen Group Holding Limited and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm